Terra Preta Soil Needed With Worm And Bunny Manure .

• Thread starter pitchdope
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pitchdope

Hello fellow growers and breaders !!

I have made some soil for my mothers i am going to plant .
It consists of 5% terra preta (emiko bokashi is the German company) ,
canna coco for seedlings,worm /bunny manure 25% ,perlite+pumice rocks 25%,zeolite ,attapougite ,minimal use of epsom and dolomite ,minerals and some kombucha beneficial microbes from scoby in tiny pieces .
Before adding the bunny manure (it is said to be cold, no process before use is necessary ),
i noticed that it had started to decompose with some white fungi in each pellet .
I thought that this is normal and i watered the mix with diluted em1 ,silica ,a bit of molasses , kelp meal and ph down .

This is what came up under the hay a few days later with a microscope .
Any opinion would be appreciated before
Terra preta soil needed with worm and bunny manure
Terra preta soil needed with worm and bunny manure 2
Terra preta soil needed with worm and bunny manure 3

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hello fellow growers and breaders !!

I have made some soil for my mothers i am going to plant .
It consists of 5% terra preta (emiko bokashi is the German company) ,
canna coco for seedlings,worm /bunny manure 25% ,perlite+pumice rocks 25%,zeolite ,attapougite ,minimal use of epsom and dolomite ,minerals and some kombucha beneficial microbes from scoby in tiny pieces .
Before adding the bunny manure (it is said to be cold, no process before use is necessary ),
i noticed that it had started to decompose with some white fungi in each pellet .
I thought that this is normal and i watered the mix with diluted em1 ,silica ,a bit of molasses , kelp meal and ph down .

This is what came up under the hay a few days later with a microscope .
Any opinion would be appreciated beforeView attachment 840515View attachment 840516View attachment 840517
mycelium,good stuff telling ya your on the right track,careful with the hay though,if it is close to stem it will rot the stalk,just keep it a inch or so away,rabbit dung is the best and said to be the very best for what we do,i use the EM1 also,ive cut down to about every 2 weeks though,i amend with bokashi i made with the EM1 so it is always in the soil,did you get the mother culture? i did ,reason was that quart bottle doesnt go very far when you se what it can do,the mother culture will give you 20 of them quart bottles,easy to make your own,just mollases and mother culture and a 5 gal bucket to ferment for a couple weeks

P

pitchdope

mycelium,good stuff telling ya your on the right track,careful with the hay though,if it is close to stem it will rot the stalk,just keep it a inch or so away,rabbit dung is the best and said to be the very best for what we do,i use the EM1 also,ive cut down to about every 2 weeks though,i amend with bokashi i made with the EM1 so it is always in the soil,did you get the mother culture? i did ,reason was that quart bottle doesnt go very far when you se what it can do,the mother culture will give you 20 of them quart bottles,easy to make your own,just mollases and mother culture and a 5 gal bucket to ferment for a couple weeks
Thank you for the advice ,i didn't think about it ,indeed .
Do you supply the soil with pieces of scabby directly without the fear of the roots touching the film ??

My Kombucha mother culture (scoby) was firstly bought from eBay ,easily cultivated and multiplied.
If split fermented tea to a big plate it will become a scabby film within some days thats what i do now to multiply.
Also as far as i know it has similar acids like em have ,but is slightly much more acidic .
I have a big scoby hotel now and this was fun, i added 1 scoby /2 gallon pots hopefully they will start to colonise into the stones before i plant the pots !

I also like to ph with kombucha tea ,i like to let it ferment a bit more to be ph'ed less than 2,8 that is very drastic and kicks ass adding microbes too

Thank you for your advice ,you made me calm !!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thank you for the advice ,i didn't think about it ,indeed .
Do you supply the soil with pieces of scabby directly without the fear of the roots touching the film ??

My Kombucha mother culture (scoby) was firstly bought from eBay ,easily cultivated and multiplied.
If split fermented tea to a big plate it will become a scabby film within some days thats what i do now to multiply.
Also as far as i know it has similar acids like em have ,but is slightly much more acidic .
I have a big scoby hotel now and this was fun, i added 1 scoby /2 gallon pots hopefully they will start to colonise into the stones before i plant the pots !

I also like to ph with kombucha tea ,i like to let it ferment a bit more to be ph'ed less than 2,8 that is very drastic and kicks ass adding microbes too

Thank you for your advice ,you made me calm !!
2.8 is were i call the EM1 ready to bottle,at times i even use it to lower ph in other feeds for the tent,never heard of the scabby thing,not that advanced,i do ferment my own goods and use the KNF feed for to other containers outside

P

pitchdope

2.8 is were i call the EM1 ready to bottle,at times i even use it to lower ph in other feeds for the tent,never heard of the scabby thing,not that advanced,i do ferment my own goods and use the KNF feed for to other containers outside

started using a safe amount, less than 100 grams/3g as another source of acid bacteria ,but i haven't find an official research about it yet.

"EM-1 is very similar to kombucha except it has a different mixture of micro-organisms. EM-1 is fermented anaerobically, where-as kombucha is fermented open to the atmosphere. 'Proper' EM-1 is also fermented as a temperature around body temp, where as kombucha is fermented at room temperature. Both of these contribute to a higher alcohol content kombucha. As well as it being more dominated by yeast and acetic acid bacteria."

Acetic acid, which is mildly antibacterial - raises pH and lowers invasive bacteria/other pest issues, kills mold
Butyric acid - indole-butyric acid is a rooting hormone, not sure about just butyic acid.
B-vitamins[6] - helps plant health
Alcohol - hm.... idk about this one...(it is less than 0.5%)
Gluconic acid - helps in phosphorus uptake in soil by "solubilizing insoluble phosphate" (http://140.120.200.173/soil62/publications/102The protons of gluconic.pdf)
Lactic acid - helps growth - http://www.infrc.or.jp/english/KNF_Data_Base_Web/PDF KNF Conf Data/C1-5-018.pdf
Malic acid - helps soil bacteria - Root-Secreted Malic Acid Recruits Beneficial Soil Bacteria
Oxalic acid - Poisonous, in rhubarb leaves and why you don't eat them... hm...
Usnic acid - seems to occur naturally in soil at low concentrations, didn't find what it does.

Last edited:
Bad Bunny

Bad Bunny

Long time reader, first time posting....question: think there's a market for dry ground rabbit manure? I can't find anything commercially on shelves any where....

P

pitchdope

Long time reader, first time posting....question: think there's a market for dry ground rabbit manure? I can't find anything commercially on shelves any where....
I was given one ,this is the easiest way ,by far the best pet!Or else try amazon.
They eat Hay ,they poop tones of gold .
My plants love it ,ro water ,40 ml calmag ,microbes ,5% terra preta ,30%perlite+pumice stone for the microbes ,30% rabbit manure cold exactly as collected from my little Neli throwed to the pots !!
No burnes no nothing .

Dbear180

Dbear180

I remember as a kid we had three rabbits & my dad would make us clean all the shit out from under the cages once a month. Dirt underneath was always packed full of red worms. He would use 5gal buckets & make a soup with the shit & water, let it set for a week, & feed all of his veg garden along with a scoop of the worms. Too long ago for me to remember how well it worked (I didnt really care at that time) but we did it often.

Reactions: Ina
Bad Bunny

Bad Bunny

I was given one ,this is the easiest way ,by far the best pet!Or else try amazon.
My plants love it ,ro water ,40 ml calmag ,microbes ,5% terra preta ,30%perlite+pumice stone for the microbes ,30% rabbit manure cold exactly as collected from my little Neli throwed to the pots !!
No burnes no nothing .
No burnes no nothing .

Bad Bunny

Bad Bunny

Pitchdope, lol I was trying to say that I'm going to be commercially selling ground up rabbit manure as a 1lb dry soil amendment. I've had it tested at a NPK of
1.6-0.5-0.5....asking if anyone thinks there's a market for selling it at stores???

Madmax

Madmax

Will this npk b determined if say for eg you feed them lucerne(alfalfa) etc
I gather feeding them certain foods can lower or raise the ph..

Bad Bunny

Bad Bunny

We feed just pellets and Timothy hay...ill have to look at the test results again...not sure if it will affect ph

Madmax

Madmax

Sorry i didnt mean ph i meant npk..half asleep lol.

Maybe trial some lucerne and see what you get..its bloody expensive where i am.

Bad Bunny

Bad Bunny

In order to sell it commercially it's gotta have a guaranteed analysis meaning it can't b higher than the listed npk...so before we start I'm gonna have it tested again with our regular feeding schedule.....who knows maybe you'll see it for sale someday lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom