TGA Strain Guide

• Thread starter Subcool
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Subcool

Below are the strain descriptions as well as a few pictures of each plant.

Please take the time to check em out much work went into each strain as well as the grows showing them off.

Pictures are by me and our many TGA freinds.

Jacks Cleaner II

This BX of the legendary mother plant Jacks Cleaner is a favorite among collectors of extremely potent hybrids. The strain has none of the Haze flavor of JTR and is a much taller style Sativa plant with a racing buzz that seems to slice through just about any type of high and leave the toker vibrating with a smile on there face. The taste and smell is 100% lemons and the taste is a mouth full of citrus almost like a lemon head candy.
This strain was created for all those in search of a Jacks Cleaner cut for there own head stash but not in the right circles to acquire a cutting.

1.Phenotypes -All females are lemony sweet to the smell, almost as lemony as the JC, though there may be a few phenotypes with a lighter, lemon smell, probably from the JTR influences. Select the largest yielding female
2.Height-Medium to heavy stretch/ Colas swell late
3.Yield-Medium / Heavy trim work
4.Indoor/ Outdoor
5.Best way to grow- Topped and placed in bud early due to stretch.
6.Harvest Window_8-10
7.Sativa/ Indica 80/20
8.Hybrid- Pluton X Purple Haze X Lambsbread X NL X Jack Herer X JTR Male
9.High type- Intense, trippy, visual, spacey, pain relief
10.Makes very usual bubble tasting and smelling like lemons

Deucee
Deucee2
Deucee3
Deucee5
Deucee6
Deuce4
Deuce5
Deuce6
Deuce7
Deuce8
S

Subcool

Jack the Ripper

Jack the Ripper
Jacks Cleaner P1 X Space Queen
High Times Top Ten list 2006
Featured in the Big Book of Buds 3 Page 86,87,88,89

Jack the Ripper is well named because it is absolutely killer weed. A true 8 week Sativa Haze the first thing growers notice is the incredible lemon smell and heavy resin production. It has been described by UK growers as the best 8 week haze ever produced.
This plant will produce triangle shaped spear buds that pretty much stopped active calyx growth early and produced copious amounts of resin instead, resin production was evident from day 12 in 12/12 but really started to fatten up the heads around day 50 or so.
I find it performs best unstopped with a long vegetive period. The high is very creeper at first you may think that its not so strong but then whammo...it hits you hard and there's no turning back then...you will be deep in thought and meditative for quite some time...the duration and intensity is strong and thought provoking.
1. Phenotypes - Two main phenotypes both with a Lemon Haze smell and short growth one tends to be more a pine smell.
2. Height-Look for the Short Pheno/ Colas swell late
3. Yield-Medium-Heavy / Moderate trim work
4. Indoor/ Outdoor
5. Best way to grow- Untopped and vegged to a full bush.
6. Harvest Window_8-9 weeks
7. Sativa/ Indica 70/30
8. Hybrid-Pluton X Purple Haze X Lambsbread X NL X Jack Herer X Romulan X Cindy99BCGA
9. High type-Intense, trippy, visual, phase shifting, increased heart rate, heavy crash increased appetite, pain relief, paranoia
10. Taste Like: Lemon mango pine hash with a heavy haze influence

From SpeakersRfun

I first want to start off by saying WOW, anyone who harvests this pheno will know for sure it's the Soylent pheno once they start to trim her, your eyes burn like wild from the very strong pine and lemon cleaner smell. I'm telling you honestly and not shatting you one bit my eyes watered and my nose burnt the whole time trimming this trimming nightmare, sticky icky.... This will not be a huge yielder as I made seed from this run but it is the frostiest plant I've grown, and believe you me I've grown some champs in that department (pineapple skunk, OG champagne Kush, MK Ultra & Heck Vortex to name a few). This plant produced very thin screwdriver handle thickness buds that pretty much stopped active calyx growth early and produced copious amounts of resin instead, resin production was evident from day 12 in 12/12 but really started to fatten up the heads around day 50 or so. Unlike my funky pheno of Vortex the resin glands stood much shorter on this JTR which made it look like it was blanketed in white cloudy resin heads very early, the Vortex all though a resin factory has long glands and without any magnification harvest can be visually distinguished with the help of the wide separation of the large glandular heads, this due to the longer glandular stock. This pheno of JTR is incredible in the fact that there doesn’t seem to be a visually active gland head, yet the whole stalk and the head are one mass of resin(sorry folks no macro’s this time my Nikkor 90mm is being repaired), and due to its closer proximity made it not only look blanketed but was a trick to try and trim at a decent rate. Trimming would have been a breeze as the buds grew very little leaf and what leaf it did grow where single segment leafs... essentially resin leafsickles, but they where sticky and very greasy when cutting causing multiple stoppages due to scissor gumming and the inevitable goo smoke as we continue trimming .

Drying in the closet it smells very strong of pine cleaner and once again too long in there with just one plant hanging and your nose burns and eyes water. Calyxs are huge without seed and the beans look to be of fair size, yet I may have quite a few immature beans it seems I will reap many a good one in the bunch also. This is a G-13XJTR cross... not on purpose, but I didn't spray the G-13 and MK Ultra down enough after I used the Male G-13 like a man-*****, and seeded a few plants within blowing distance of stray G-spunk, she was a victim.

Once dry it takes on a spicy haze overtone with the cleaner smell underneath, if you break off a nug and give it a good squeeze it once again smells to high heaven of Pine cleaner. Once in the jar a few days the hazy smell really settles in, with a woody smell almost, the strong cleaner smell is still very present when a bud is cut or squeezed but seems to be subdued after curing a while.

Smoke is very dry and expansive, very hard to hold a good toke down, in it goes and it wants out sort of thing. The taste is very woody almost like cedar and pine but a dry type of taste, reminds me of when I was in high school and got haze and tai, old school taste. I really like the smoke from this because I wasn’t looking for an overpowering taste like the smell, and I was sort of worried I would be bombarded by a cleaner taste but I got a nice surprise with what it tastes like dry.

Now for the most important part, buzz, well apart from it being almost instantaneous there were no huge surprises, I have some Spacequeen, Dannyboy, and Vortex and all have killer head but JTR was a little different than the rest after a 5 min settling in period. It seemed to slam me in behind my eyes and almost warp my peripheral vision, so a no drive on this type of herb, herb. I had ringing in my ears something I haven’t had in a while from herb, kind of a white noise type phenom. Overall I would say the taste and buzz go very well together, you know some herb has a fruity smell and when smoked has a earthy or musty taste, well the JTR stayed very true to an almost Hazy type smell and stone. In my opinion a great smoke, with a little more veg time and not seeded this could be a real knockout, JTR Soylent is now replacing my Lemango pheno due to space and I don’t feel bad about loosing the yield, she makes up for it in personal stankity dank dank head, Peace and keep well.

Jtrpurplemlionsmall
JTRfull
Jtrpurplem7 Small
Jtrpurplem8small
Jtrpurplem9 Small
Big rip
Rippersky
JTR 9weeks copy
Purple20JTR205020DAYS20014
Lady20Di20with20buds20in20TY20booth
S

Subcool

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Agent Orange is a very good producer with extremely resinous large dense buds. The smell is amazing with hints of Oranges, Lemons and the smell of a Whiskey Sour cocktail. The strain contains pigments that have the ability to turn maroon, purple with cool nights. The buzz is up and motivating and make smile. The strain is a very heavy producer yielding large flat topped colas and very dense heavy buds. It does very well outdoors reaching over 10 feet in northern California. Indoors it can be topped and produce full canopies and heavy colas.

1) Phenotypes- Two main variations one short and thick and one taller and more resinous.
2) Height- Very tall block head colas
3) Yield- Very Heavy but all in last weeks
4) Indoor/Outdoor
5) Best Way to Grow- Top and train into a bush.
6) Harvest Window-55-65 days
7) Sativa/ Indica 50/50
8) Hybrid- Local Orange Skunk x Jacks Cleaner X Space Queen
9)High type- Strong and tasty leaves a Orange after taste and an almost trippy high.
10) Taste like a cross between Oranges and sour mix even makes the bong water smell like Oranges!
11) My largest yields this run came from this strain

OD Corral 019
AO1 Bud
AO5 55 Days
AO7 Bud
NewYearPlant7
NewYearPlant5
Picture 007 Medium
Picture 008 Medium
Picture 004 Medium
S

Subcool

Pandora’s Box

Many years ago the most powerful magic recipe was locked away to protect humanity from the devastating power, locked inside a combination of genetics that only a team of Uber-stoners would have the power to harness. This strain is very stable and we are very excited about the yields we have seen. The first plants I saw grown in a hydro hut grown by a newbie grower were literally sagging with huge glass like buds and the buzz is up, speedy, very shit eating grin and smiling like a Cheshire cat like high. It’s a bit smoother than JTR and has a different feel in the head less haze influence. I can’t tell where the ceiling is as every bowl I smoke I seem to get a bit higher until the point my vision blurs. Not for light weights. I can’t stop grinning when I smoke this weed.

1) Phenotypes –Large Triangle shaped glass covered rock hard buds are all we see.
2) Height- Wide thick sweeping arms with weighted colas that need support after 50 days/medium
3) Yield-For a strain of this potency I think this thing yields like crazy.
4) Indoor has only been tested so far
5) Best way to grow- Topped and bound/Vegged to a large bush
6) Harvest Window-9 weeks
7) Sativa/Indica 60/40
8) Hybrid- Jack the Ripper X Space Queen
9) High type- Zooming, Happy, Grinning, anti depressant BIGTIME!
10) Smells: It taste like NL5 to me but its very industrial with a slight citrus taste and a undertone of spice and hash One female has been named Cherry Lethal lemonade.

Pics by Subcool
Jem777
Herbilizor
SuperRV311
SpeakrsRfun

Box6
Box7
Box16
Box19
Drying Medium
Pandora27s20Box2044
PB6 1W8
White6
Pandora 1drying2 Medium
Pandybud10
S

Subcool

Vortex

My Favorite Hybrid
High Times Top 10 2007
Featured in the Big Book of Buds 3
My oldest head stash crossed with my new favorite. Both parents have a similar pungent, rotten fruit, baby poo smell. Both carry heavy potency and copious amounts of resins. The resulting Hybrid cross fulfills my desire to have Apollo-13 in seed form even before we continue with the cubing. Sharing traits of both mom and dad some females lean so much towards Apollo even MzJill can’t tell the difference in a blind taste. My favorite female is a sweet and sour girl that to me tasted like Sour Patch candy but I yielded close to 4 ounces with minimum training. She is easier to grow and trim than mom..

1. Phenotypes - Variation with phenotypes like both parent strains
2. Height-Short to medium with wide bushing and loads of bud sites perfect for SGROG
3. Yield-Medium/ I pulled 3.5 Ounces from a 40” Bush
4. Indoor/ Outdoor matures very fast
5. Best Way to grow- Wide sagging bush with hundreds of bud sites. Lots of stakes and string
6. Harvest Window-50-55 days
7. Sativa/ Indica 80/20
8. Hybrid-Genius X P75 X Romulan X Cindy99
9. High type-heart racing, energizing, confusing, stoned, ripped curled under, stupidity
10. Smells like Mango Snapple with lemon/ Taste like sweetened lemonade.
Very unique Cindy like plant with a bizarre twist, very potent

Currently featured at The Grey Area and Dampkring

Grey Area has it listed as Jack Herer X Apollo-13 and this is incorrect.

Logic straighten em out ok?

VortexS15
VortexS14
VortexS13
VortexS12
VortexS11
VortexS10
VortexS9
VortexS6
VortexS
VortexS2
S

Subcool

MzJill's Jillybean

Jillybean

High Times Top 10 2007
Featured in the Big Book of Buds 3 Page 92.93

Jill was lucky enough to be gifted this amazing Orange Skunk and they day we smoked the finished bud we knew we had to outcross it with our Space Queen male. You don’t really have to be a master breeder to figure out Orange and Pineapple Mango will be a good combination. The resulting outcross is remarkably stable and is close to a 50/50 representation of the parents. Topped only once in grows into a nice short bush with lots of side branching and multi heads. Flavors range from Orange, Tang, Candy, Mango, and Apple. The cross works really well in SOG or SCROG.. Very large stems and huge top colas make this an easy strain to grow in any medium.
We had 5 females in our bud room and 4 could be clones there so similar same height same growth speed and all have that Dank Orange smell. Very good mood elevator and general euphoria are experienced while high on this cross. Lime green with Vibrant Orange Hairs with temperature drops it can turn a deep burgundy to maroon.
1. Phenotypes -Very stable Orange-Mango 50/50 Phenotypes
2. Height-Short and Stocky
3. Yield-Very Heavy/ Easy Trim
4. Indoor/ Outdoor
5. Best way to grow-Single topping forms multi heads
6. Harvest Window-8 weeks
7. Sativa/Indica 40/60
8. Hybrid-Unknown Orange Skunk X Romulan X Cindy99BCGA
9. High type-Happy, mood enhancing, humorous, energetic
10. Smells like orange skunk or tang/ Taste so much like Dreamcicles you will not believe it!
11. Extremely up beat and happy buzz great for depression and bad days.

The first "Chick Strain" so many female growers love this hybrid maybe because a woman created it but I feel its because the high is so upbeat and happy.

From DJ
"Ganja Godesses

One of the things I learned a long time ago was that something more than genetics or biological environment plays a role in the desirability of herb. During the 70's and 80's, as the number of growers proliferated, it became apparent to those privy to the info that a grower's personal vibe somehow became part of the plant's vibe.

Generally speaking, mellow, laid-back growers tended to produce mellow, laid-back herb, whereas uptight, sinister growers tended to produce uptight, sinister herb. Perhaps it was just the vibe of the grower following the product to market expressing itself along the chain of trade, I am not certain, nor do I believe any form of scientific observation will ever confirm such a debate. It has simply been one of those givens in the trade. In that regard, I have further noticed that much of the finest domestic herb I've encountered was grown by women.

I used to call it the "Great Pumpkin" effect, but perhaps it is better termed the "Ganja Goddess" effect. The most sincere herbal patches being visited upon by the subtle and ethereal spirits of benevolence. And subtle is a very key word when considering the desirable characteristics of fine quality cannabis. Subtleties have a way of being very powerful, indeed. While we are considering such aesthetic topics let's have a look at femininity. It is, after all, the female plant we are primarily concerned with.

One of the most profound aspects of the cannabis experience for me is its ability to act as a counter-balance to my personal, male-dominance syndrome.

Cannabis allows me a reprieve from the otherwise distracting male-conditioned response of attempting to dominate my environment. My conditioning of aggressive competitiveness is temporarily quelled, and I am allowed to experience reality in a much more non-linear relationship. The routine desire to compete and conquer is replaced with a sense of cooperation and community. In a word, I have learned to become a feminist.

By "feminist" I mean the protected right to be feminine, cooperative, community-centered and globally concerned, able and free to discern subtleties, intuitive and submissive without the fear of dominator conquest and control. The fine quality cannabis experience allows me to better understand, accept, and serve fate.

One of the things I have learned about "us" (the cooperators) and "them" (the dominators) is that they need us much more than we need them. This is one fact that I wish very much for our community to realize. Toward realizing that end, I have found the finest quality cannabis to be an invaluable resource.

Always sounded kinda gay to me so I put MzJill in charge:cool:

Pictures by Subcool
MzJill
Friends of TGA

JillB40
Jillb40a
JillyBean 44daysF 1 12 06 2
JillyBean 44daysF 1 12 06 3
JillybeanLavender2
JillybeanLavender3
JillybeanLavenderJil2
1 week later
JBOSthird
JBOS15
S

Subcool

SpaceJill

SpaceJill
( Space Queen F2)

Our interpretation of BCGA’s famous lost cross Space Queen this f2 took over a year to create agonizing over 4 distinct and amazing mother plants found in a very old pack of Vics original seeds. Once the best mother plant was selected the long process of growing out the f2 generation was started and the results made us very happy and very very stoned. This cross has been grown more than any other TGA gear and everyone that germinates seeds ends up with a keeper female they cherish forever. We have donated close to 300 packs of this cross to the medical community it is liked so well.

1) Phenotypes-Medium variation Leaning from C99 to Romulan
2) Height- Thin and lanky unless topped
3) Yield- Medium
4) Indoor/ Outdoor
5) Best Way to Grow- Needs canopy management like Scrog or lots of support stakes
6) Harvest Window-50-60 days
7) Sativa/ Indica 70/30
8) F2 Recreation of one of the best tasting strains using a year to select parents
9)High type- Speedy, trippy, intense, paranoid , motivating, pain relief
10) Taste like sour semi rotting fruit or mangos like sour candy worms
11) Jill and My favorite smoke

An Ex breeder for TGA has spread the rumor that we didn't use Space Queen but Star gazer from Canadian seed company.
He is mistaken, but who the hell cares many people feel its our best hybrid and we gave away 3000 packs of it for free!
We can drop a load on the farm for free and see what everyone thinks?

Sub

Arsspaceq59Ctrimb
ArsspaceqC59a
ArsSpaceQCdrynugg
SQ bud1
IM000003
SpaceqC59
Spacequeenaday48a
SpacequeenBharvj
Spacequeenday33d
SQ girl5a
S

Subcool

The Third Dimension

The fastest Dank on Earth!
My Indica Pheno was done at 43 days easy.
The Sativa female went 65 days

Aka 3D
Dank Dairy Certified
Featured in Big Book of Buds 3 Page 166,167

This 3 way cross of super elites is our fastest maturing hybrid. Having a very tropical taste reminding me of coconuts and Pineapple almost like a Pina Colada. The strain gets done very fast but does not lack in potency. The added boost of Jack’s Cleaner seems to really boost up the Sativa influence but the buzz is still very calming and relaxing with a nice mix of the three THC profiles present. I really enjoy smoking this weed so the smokability factor is high for flavor and taste.

Medium Yielding Hybrid with strong speedy buzz
1. Phenotypes –Mainly Sativa with incredible speed and high resin production
2. Height-Medium stretch/ Triangle shaped Colas
3. Yield-Medium / Easy to Trim
4. Indoor/ Outdoor
5. Best way to grow- Topped and vegged to a 30” Bush
6. Harvest Window_45-50 days
7. Sativa/ Indica 60/40
8. Hybrid-Apollo-13 X Jack the Ripper
9. High type-Warm soft waves of high and very easy to smoke
10. Smells: Tropical flavors range from Cocoanuts, pineapples, Kiwi and fruit punch
11. Incredibly fast plant great for making Red bubble.

8 03 2007 041
8 03 2007 057
9 12 2007 044
Meds7 014
FinalD7
FinalD4
FinalD9
Leafsign3
Leafsign4
Leafsign7
S

Subcool

Querkle

Querkle represents alot of work.
I spent a decade looking through Purple gear like Black Russian and others to find a flavor and stone I liked,
Even our famous Pink strain Sputnik didn't impress me but Querkle is in a different league.
Where I live anyone can get a cut of Urkle or GDP and these same people would rather have my Querkle Z pheno.
Quite an honor and I am blown away!!

Querkle

This Indica dominant hybrid has a great taste and out of a 5 plant test run all 4 females turned a nice shade of purple with warm temps throughout. Our goal was to recreate the nice grape flavor but ad some speed to the slow Urkle mom and the results are better than we expected and finding 2 keeper moms from the very small test run we did. Results from the field verify mild variation, good yields and fantastic flavor and colors. This hybrid has been featured in both Skunk and Hightimes magazine.

1) Phenotypes –Two main females one Short and very purple with grape flavors, the variation is a slightly more SQ dom with a taller frame and more sativa buzz.
2) Height- Short and dence does well un topped but faster than Urkle.
3) Yield-Medium to heavy if extended veg time is given mainly due to bud density.
4) Indoor has only been tested so far
5) Best way to grow-Vegged to a large bush Or untopped in scrog.
6) Harvest Window-8 weeks
7) Sativa/Indica 20/80
8) Hybrid- Urkle x Space Queen
9) High type- Indica head and grape taste make it total all day headstash.
10) Smells: Grapes, fruit, berries, musty
11) One of my favorite things to smoke out of a clean bong the flavor is just amazing and IMO better than Mom.

Querkgrapes4
Querkgrapes
Querkgrapes2
Querkgrapes3
Qpu6
Zuerkle
Zuerkle7
Zuerkle4
Zuerkle5
Zuerkle6
S

Subcool

The Flav

Our Romulan mother blew us away when we located her last year in the PNW. Having grown both Romulan and Romberry from Vic High I was very skeptical until I grew her out and got a taste of this heavenly plant. We have re-created her using our proven Space Queen male to contribute speed, resin and added size while keeping the unique taste and smell of the original strain. The Flav is Romulan dominant and 70% of the females in the test runs leaned to her characteristics. The hybrid has a long stretch before a short period of filling in the towering colas. Heavy resin coating that protrudes all the way to the end of the sun leaves make for a great hash making strain. Very heady buzz with a combination head and body stone.

1) Phenotypes Mainly Romulan dominate with a 30% variation
2) Height- Nice stocky plants that stretch for the first 2 weeks of budding
3) Yield- Medium to heavy (12 ounces in a 4x4 Hydrohut in soil)
4) Indoor/ Greenhouse
5) Best way to grow- Topped and rooted well no fiming just 4 large heads produce long full spears
6) Harvest Window- 8-9 weeks
7) Sativa/Indica 50/50
8) Hybrid- Romulan X Space Queen
9) High type- Very mind expanding and visual very much a head high
10) Smells: Thick exotic perfume with oily piney undertones/ Floral and fruity

Flav3
Flav5
Flav5b
Flav5c
Flav5d
Flav5e
Flav5f
Flav12
5flav2
Flavbud3
S

Subcool

More Soon

These are the strains you will see on auction and in donations, contest etc.
We have many many more strains but most of those are harder to aquire or there sold out for good regardless people will ask me about this strain or that so I will post up these more rare strains later.
I have to go grow some weed now this ends our morning session.

Sub:rolleyes:

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Man o man what a display of goodness....

Next step is the full streaming video thing that Greenhouse does on their site, sittin there talkin about the plant with it sittin right there is cool as shit

Big up Subby!!!

Tex

B

bon

Premium Member
Supporter
nice pictures, and a great info 'bout the strain!!

cheers

Moe Danks

Moe Danks

wow. beautiful looking plants.
would love to run JCII and vortex some time.

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
INSANE I never get bored lookin at so much perfectly grown dank great job sub.

F

flava

The best strain descriptions and photo documentation I have seen from a breeder.

flava

H

herby

Great photos as always!!! That pandoras box is exactly what i been looking for.

Top Bottom