Th Seeds Underdawg Og Grow Journal

• Thread starter mrgrowguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Harp

Harp

They look like two completely different stains lol. I'm sure both are gonna have their pro's and con's. Good luck with your pheno hunt . I'm curious to see how A & B turn out. Peace.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Just a quick note.

Both "A" and "B" plants are showing serious resin production. Remembering that I have 12 other genetics growing side-by-side in equal conditions and the Underdawg OG is FAR stickier than the rest. Everything else is putting out trichomes and good smells, but the underdawg og is a whole extra level of sticky. The sap that is coming off of this thing is thick and voluminous. I am tempted to take a sample off, but I know it won't do me any good in knowing what to expect, so I will just be patient (best virtue of a good gardener - patience).

Where other plants like my XJ-13 have a lot of resin, but when you touch it, it is slippery and more of a "wet" feel, whereas the Underdawg is like touching the sap on a conifer that won't come off by wiping your fingers on your jeans.

Personal assessment: I think "B" is going to be a great keeper pheno. All that will be left to challenge will be the taste/potency of the final product.

Last edited:
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Got some pics just before the lights went on today. Only update is they were fed their normal mix of guano/castings tea with a sprinkle of epson.

"A"
IMG 0164
IMG 0165
IMG 0166
IMG 0167

and "B" - notice the larger sugar leaves even starting to show signs of resin production (well, the pics don't make it easy, but "B" is putting out a lot more resin than "A" simply because "A" does not have anything on the larger fan leaves at all)
IMG 0170
IMG 0171
IMG 0172

H

happy b

Those 2underdawg og in the pics look very similar to the two phenos i had.they did look like two different plants.one was kinda stretchy with heavy tops with a good calyx to leaf ratio but not much underneath like a chem and the other was short n stocky like apure indica with kinda fat but leafy buds.the shorter indica pheno had a bit of chem funk but the taller heavier yeilding one lacked it although it was ok.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Nice journal. Your attention to detail and discipline to take notes will serve you well in your breeding endeavors. Looking good!

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Those 2underdawg og in the pics look very similar to the two phenos i had.they did look like two different plants.one was kinda stretchy with heavy tops with a good calyx to leaf ratio but not much underneath like a chem and the other was short n stocky like apure indica with kinda fat but leafy buds.the shorter indica pheno had a bit of chem funk but the taller heavier yeilding one lacked it although it was ok.

Interesting, thanks. Though I really hope the tall pheno tastes better, I think it is going to be more potent. And its resin smells a little sweeter.

Nice journal. Your attention to detail and discipline to take notes will serve you well in your breeding endeavors. Looking good!

Thanks for the encouraging words.

"Oh... my... God... Becky. Look at that growth!"
"I like big growth and I cannot lie."
-sorry

All of the plants in the first pic are mothers, cloned at or around the same time. Yes, Underdawg OG was cloned from a seed grown plant, the rest were clones of clones, but it's still fun to see. The Underdawg "A" pheno is behind the "B" and much smaller, but that is because I lost the original clone.
IMG 0252
IMG 0253

And then cloned for back-up.
IMG 0254
IMG 0255

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I pulled a Disney!

Does anyone see the hidden penis in the pic I posted earlier?

IMG 0275

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Oh, so I finally saw some trichs turning amber. We're still under 1% amber. But change is in the air.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I cut down "A" tonight. She smells wonderfully. The smell is like an OG smell, but a little sweeter than fuely. It is very sticky, resinous. The buds are densely packed, but somewhat soft and spongy when squeezed gently. I would say the bud size/output is medium. I flowered these very short, so I wasn't expecting much, but for an OG, the volume is decently high.

Anyways, two of the picks have both "A" and "B," so I labeled them. The rest of the pics are all "A."

IMG 0384
IMG 0385
IMG 0389
IMG 0393
IMG 0394
IMG 0396
IMG 0398
IMG 0406
IMG 0407
IMG 0409
IMG 0411
IMG 0414

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

So, I have sad News, "B" popped a boner or three. I noticed that the buds we're not filling in like I'd expect. So I took a much closer look and found one banana near the top cola and a set of two nanas down at the bottom. The plant is at 9 weeks, so I will just cut her down. So sad, so much potential. But I can't a banana factory in my pocket if I'm going to breed. I have already lost the mother and back up clones. I will put a pic up later. I was upset, so I just got super stoned to compensate.

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

Looks like I will keep "A" if it tastes as good as it looks and smells.

I went back and did a very thorough check of the "A" flowers, no nanners at all, phew!

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Just to clarify, there were only 3 total bananas that I could find on the whole plant. But since I am interested in making new beans, anything that for sure has the herm trait will not make it in the line up. Might as well just not include it since there is so much out there, just waiting to be smoked!

Anyways, here are some sad pics. I only have 1 nana left after I removed the two in a bundle last night.

"B"
IMG 0419
IMG 0420
IMG 0429
IMG 0432

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I'm not exactly all for doing this, but I took a sample off the "A" plant after drying but not cured. So I will just say right now that it was great. I can't wait for the finished product. The smoke expands SO much, it's hard to believe. The flavor is there too, not the typical OG taste though. One small bowl and I was good for hours. But I will go more into it once it gets a proper cure

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I know I said I wouldn't do a report for "B", but what the hell. I will just give a quick version. No pics right now, maybe later.

Underdawg OG "B"

The buds are super sticky-type dense. The jar smells like fruit punch OG-ish musk background. It smells spectacular. In quick comparison, "A" smells a lot more OG kush than "B" does. "B" is definitely sweeter. The smoke is good, does not expand as much as "A", medium full. I smoked it through a bubbler and a bong. Since the calyx are so stiffened with resin, they do not break apart easily. I didn't think it would do well in the grinder, but I was surprised it was easier than expected. The flavor is sweet but it seems to dull out the OG, and the sweet is more of a background flavor, not as strong as I would think coming from a flower that smells SO nice. I truly thought this would be the better tasting, but "A" with a much more classic OG flavor is more pungent and personally desirable. And I do love fruity strains.

Smell - wonderful
Growability - excellent
Taste - less than expected
Potency - high

Last edited:
Top Bottom