Thai Plant That Won't Show Sex

• Thread starter BostonFisher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BostonFisher

My friend got a bag seed from a trip to Thailand that he brought back with him. He planted it outside in Massachusetts and it's over six feet tall now. Thin leaves, tall with limited branching - looks like a sativa. I took a few clones that seem to be doing well at two weeks. However, it's now September 13 and the plant outside has still not sexed. I've never seen a plant outside in MA take that long to show it's sex. Usually they start flowering in mid August. Is this so unusual or more about it being a landrace seed from a warm climate and being very slow to flower? I'm getting anxious because I have these clones and before I commit too much to them I want to know if they are going to be female. Every day I text him and every day he says not yet. I've been over there a few times to check myself and it really hasn't sexed yet. Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks!

B

BostonFisher

Thanks pretty sure it's not hemp since it came from a bag of weed. Here's pics of the clones don't have a pic of the parent. Hope this helps?

DF65477E B415 4F3F A35E 38D16514AE38
5376A5B0 A583 4193 8470 56356C1BC68B
6BFEFD40 7C84 42FA 87FA E1D26C4B4C72
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

My friend got a bag seed from a trip to Thailand that he brought back with him. He planted it outside in Massachusetts and it's over six feet tall now. Thin leaves, tall with limited branching - looks like a sativa. I took a few clones that seem to be doing well at two weeks. However, it's now September 13 and the plant outside has still not sexed. I've never seen a plant outside in MA take that long to show it's sex. Usually they start flowering in mid August. Is this so unusual or more about it being a landrace seed from a warm climate and being very slow to flower? I'm getting anxious because I have these clones and before I commit too much to them I want to know if they are going to be female. Every day I text him and every day he says not yet. I've been over there a few times to check myself and it really hasn't sexed yet. Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks!
Thanks pretty sure it's not hemp since it came from a bag of weed. Here's pics of the clones don't have a pic of the parent. Hope this helps?
The plants outside is not going to finish as it probably needs 12 weeks or likely more to ripen, I would concentrate on keeping those cuttings alive or even taking more, good luck

B

BostonFisher

The plants outside is not going to finish as it probably needs 12 weeks or likely more to ripen, I would concentrate on keeping those cuttings alive or even taking more, good luck
Yeah we talked about that. He's building a small greenhouse to keep it out of the rain and warm. Still not sure if it will make it - we're talking at least November at this point. Probably longer.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yeah we talked about that. He's building a small greenhouse to keep it out of the rain and warm. Still not sure if it will make it - we're talking at least November at this point. Probably longer.
Yeah probably longer I was being kind at 12 weeks LOL but definitely take some cuttings that looks like it could be a very interesting plant to have in the lineup?! :)

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

you do realize that if it is true thai,your looking at 14 to 16 weeks for full potential,also about 7ft min height,thats with a ton of training

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Yeah probably longer I was being kind at 12 weeks LOL but definitely take some cuttings that looks like it could be a very interesting plant to have in the lineup?! :)
clone that bitch all winter long im talking about,lmao

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Right!!! I like it :) I'd like a cut of that myself!
around end of feb get it ready for outdoors,i grew one back in the 70's that bitch was 12 ft tall just a lanky strong stalk ,16 weeks if i remember right,smoke was the best i ever had even to this day,the wait was well worth it,right in my own back yard didnt worry about thiefs and shit like that back then,not even the popo shit they couldnt careless,nixon screwed that up,that bitch went forever until it just turn yellow and was harvested,damn beauty of a plant and most awesome high,i sit on that smoke for a while,never weight anything back then so no clue how much i got,but it dried out to 3 paper grocery bags and was a favorite for buddies that pour concrete from dawn to dusk hahahah,lot of good times,lmao

Top Bottom