THC/CBD ratio help Please!

• Thread starter Chemotype
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chemotype

Chemotype

Any one have suggestions of a strain that has a %CBD that is close its %THC. My wife has anxiety and we've been looking for something to try with these characteristics. Thanks.

L

Lost

Be very careful... If she has paranoid anxiety, pot might not be the best idea..

Chemotype

Chemotype

Be very careful... If she has paranoid anxiety, pot might not be the best idea..

We have found some indicas that help, but nothing that was the perfect match yet. Cannabis works well for her. But, thank you for your concern.

B

been

What about diet and exercise? I'm not trying to be cliche here either; cannabis is only going to treat the symptoms. What you need is a cure for the disease.

M

MatthewRiot

You know, I've a diagnosed Manic depressive, and I've noticed some strains out there really have QUITE a negative effect on me. I had some OG Kush Amber Glass the other day that nearly sent me into a genuine freak-out for a few hours. This happens once every year or so,some years more frequently than that. And whenever it happens I have to spend months from smoking because it really messes with my head. (don't get me wrong, I'm ALWAYS growing though!) There are only a few strains out there lately that help with paranoia and anxiety like Purple Trainwreck and Sour Diesel - they work for me, but realistically, expanding on what Chemotype said, maybe a drug that doesn't beat down any ego you have built up isn't the best drug for someone suffering from paranoia and anxiety.. REALLY stay away from Psillocybin!

Matthew

billopuffalot

billopuffalot

the majority of dutch strains
have had the cbd bred out with thc imo
my only hope for high cbd strains is landrace
unadultersted non dutch goodness
all the best
bil

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
You will not find any modern day hybrid with say more than 3% cbd's.

You'll have to look through some true landrace or recreate as you said in your previous thread.

Chemotype

Chemotype

What about diet and exercise? I'm not trying to be cliche here either; cannabis is only going to treat the symptoms. What you need is a cure for the disease.

Oh yeah, I would agree entirely. She is trying to get off her current meds so we are looking for something to help with that transition, along with exercise and good eating habits. However, I have to add that some anxiety disorders or other disorders are caused by a chemical imbalance which the body, on it's own, can not correct and the use of a chemical such as CBD which is similar to cannabinoids found naturally in the human body can help to restore that balance and re-wire the brain so to speak and get that person cured and free of any drug dependence. Check out some of the studies done at UCI dealing with "anandamide".

I think that theherbalizor has it right though, this sort of strain is going to have to be made available through a landrace or another means as discussed in my other thread. I was just hoping someone had some info on a strain that was already available.

Sounds like a fun breeding project.

Thanks everyone. :rasta2:

-Chemotype

M

MatthewRiot

I've also been reading quite a bit about how it's not necessarily the CBD or CBG, but more or less the terpenes... But when it comes to that part it's all new to me, but it sounds liek an interesting theory!

Chemotype

Chemotype

I've also been reading quite a bit about how it's not necessarily the CBD or CBG, but more or less the terpenes... But when it comes to that part it's all new to me, but it sounds liek an interesting theory!

you know of any published papers you can recommend? sounds interesting.

T

Tripples

You will not find any modern day hybrid with say more than 3% cbd's.

You'll have to look through some true landrace or recreate as you said in your previous thread.

What current buyable strains have 3%?

I'd like to know as I thought high was considered about 1.5% or over

Chemotype

Chemotype

What current buyable strains have 3%?

I'd like to know as I thought high was considered about 1.5% or over

I haven't heard of any commercial cultivars with any CBD. They all make claims but who knows if its true, the tests to verify cannabinoid content are expensive and difficult to perform. In a study done by GW Pharmaceutical it is reported that a variety of Northern Lights has 1% CBD and Hindu Kush to have .7%, those were offered by Hortapharm, which is now owned by GW and seeds are not available unless you find a middle man with some old Hortapharm seeds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom