THC % in weed is misrepresented. It is not 20% ( eg) it is closer to 2 or 3% .

• Thread starter johnsmith_559
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
See.. another reason this community is top notch.
I dunno if OP was actually spontaneously banned from other sites, but the members here hash it out instead of just...
> Unpopular and alogical opinion posed > "NEXT! GTFO."
🤘🧐🤘
Check out his other thread about this subject, it's gotten much worse responses.

beluga

beluga

Check out his other thread about this subject, it's gotten much worse responses.
Hah. Fair enough.
I mean, the fact that he's spamming the community et al does say something... at least in terms of motivation.
I don't think anyone's that dead-set on some epiphanic and wish-washy revelation about something that is contrary to the finding of a community of many professionals without some kind of agenda.
But it's good to always revisit any truths to at least refresh and keep them in check and relevant.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Hah. Fair enough.
I mean, the fact that he's spamming the community et al does say something... at least in terms of motivation.
I don't think anyone's that dead-set on some epiphanic and wish-washy revelation about something that is contrary to the finding of a community of many professionals without some kind of agenda.
But it's good to always revisit any truths to at least refresh and keep them in check and relevant.
100%

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

I am not sure all the comments but the thc percentages are based on testing content NOT the plant matter. several sites are already aware of this .
I am aware because I know math but also as a licensed grower in Ontario I am required to do hplc testing for thc as well as pesticides and no I did not erase other thread.

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

Ur talkin weight percentages vs per percentage of a particular compound present. completely different in my mathematical opinion
20 % means of the mass .
100g mass means 20% .
20% of 100 grams is 20 grams
there is no place to put 20 g in a plant
the 20 % only refers to the resin after it is extracted as part of lab procedures

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

Hah. Fair enough.
so show me the math and easy on the criticism. math is basic. either ther is 20 g thc and a 20% rating is correct or there is NOT 20 g thc and the rating is misunderstood

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

Ur talkin weight percentages vs per percentage of a particular compound present. completely different in my mathematical opinion
w
20 % of 100 g is 20 g which is impossible
its 20 % thc of the thc bearing plant part which is reason

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I've always had questions about THC percentages. However, if they are talking only about trichs, why does bubble hash sometimes come out with Cannabinoid percentages of 50 and 60%?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I've always had questions about THC percentages. However, if they are talking only about trichs, why does bubble hash sometimes come out with Cannabinoid percentages of 50 and 60%?
Bubble hash only contains the trichome heads, not the stalks which don't contain thca

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

Hah. Fair enough.
20 % of 100 g is 20g .this is standard math. 20g of thc is not possible from a plant part the mahes up less than 20 % of the plant
tre 20% is related to the thc bearing portion which is the resin

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Bubble hash only contains the trichome heads, not the stalks which don't contain thca
Fair enough, but I'm not convinced that:

1. Bubble has contains no trich stalks.
2. Even if it had no trich stalks, it would throw the percentage off that much.

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

bubble hash does not come out at 60 % .lets do the math then . 100g weed rated at 20% has 15 gram resin at 60% thc . 100x.15x.6= 9g
if resin was 60%thc that still only makes doner weed 9% thc not the 20% rated . which is still wrong but at least throws shade on the 20% myth

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

if it's true show us the Math .
if you have lab tests done I would like to see the lab paper and contact info and in will just call the lab.they should be able to clarify

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Fair enough, but I'm not convinced that:

1. Bubble has contains no trich stalks.
2. Even if it had no trich stalks, it would throw the percentage off that much.
The holes in the bags that the trichome heads have to go through are only big enough for the heads. Maybe a few stalks go through but extremely rarely. It would be like having a mesh that has 1 cm holes and then trying to drop a 10cm long pipe down it that's 0.75cm in diameter and is covered in glue. Obviously after 10,000 of them a couple will get through but almost all won't.

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

The holes in the bags that the trichome heads have to go through are only big enough for the heads. Maybe a few stalks go through but extremely rarely. It would be like having a mesh that has 1 cm holes and then trying to drop a 10cm long pipe down it that's 0.75cm in diameter and is covered in glue. Obviously after 10,000 of them a couple will get through but almost all won't.
I do water extraction first
gets rid of 20 % of leaf and I do a final bag filter so to exclude larger than 150 and lower than 50 mic . anything lost is minor compared to the the actual rating. we would not lose 50% of sample

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom