THC tinctures

• Thread starter Jhax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jhax

Jhax

So I made 4 ounces of cannabis tincture with a 1/2oz of bud and 190 proof everclear, and put each oz in a 1oz amber glass dropper bottle.

I have a couple questions that come to mind after consumeing 1 whole bottle over 3 weeks:
1: Do you need to shake your tincture bottle to mix up the mixture?
(I looked inside my empty dropper bottle and saw little green particles on all the sides of the bottle. I'm wondering if maybe thats just plant material and i just didnt strain my product well enough.)

2: Is there any kind of gel capsule I can store 190-proof grain alchohol tincture in without it eating away at the gel? (I know most canna-caps are made with glycerin as an elixir, but tincture is stronger and I'm hoping there might be a specific capsule strong enough for holding grain-based-tincture)

Thanks in advance!!:)

TerriR

TerriR

So I made 4 ounces of cannabis tincture with a 1/2oz of bud and 190 proof everclear, and put each oz in a 1oz amber glass dropper bottle.

I have a couple questions that come to mind after consumeing 1 whole bottle over 3 weeks:
(I looked inside my empty dropper bottle and saw little green particles on all the sides of the bottle. I'm wondering if maybe thats just plant material and i just didnt strain my product well enough.)

2: Is there any kind of gel capsule I can store 190-proof grain alchohol tincture in without it eating away at the gel? (I know most canna-caps are made with glycerin as an elixir, but tincture is stronger and I'm hoping there might be a specific capsule strong enough for holding grain-based-tincture)

1. You didn’t strain it enough but it’s fine that way...if you can handle the everclear.
2. I am also searching for something like this. I make my tincture with everclear, and then made some gummies out of that but it is still ridiculously hard to swallow...I do hate straight alcohol. Will come back here as research uncovers some better ideas.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

1. You didn’t strain it enough but it’s fine that way...if you can handle the everclear.
2. I am also searching for something like this. I make my tincture with everclear, and then made some gummies out of that but it is still ridiculously hard to swallow...I do hate straight alcohol. Will come back here as research uncovers some better ideas.
I love good tincture. I even make rosemary and sage.

Here's a good recipe

2gms decarbed flower-Not broken up. How you decarb is up to you.
20190324 174410

I use a toaster oven. Flower in foil 30 min at 250 is the preferred method. I like a longer cook at 210-215F for an hour or more if the flower is moist.
20190324 174313

Place the flower in a coffee filter tie or wire closed
20190324 174755

and place in a 4oz glass jar with 1oz of 150+ proof alcohol.
20190413 231316

I'm using 190 Extractohol
20190428 175339

$150 a gallon. I have used Everclear 150, no longer available in the People's Republic of California. I have also used X-F-B 190 & 200 for several years.
20190624 175638

1-2 ml a day have relieved muscle spamisms. 4-6 or more mixed with smoke on days off are really pain free.
20190413 231255

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

You can add to coffee or soda. So little you won't really notice. I'm Irish, put the booze under my tongue!😉

TerriR

TerriR

You can add to coffee or soda. So little you won't really notice. I'm Irish, put the booze under my tongue!😉
Bahahahah...I know the Irish...they spit the tit for whiskey! I need to make tincture with glycerin...but my magic butter machine doesn’t have a recipe for that.

TerriR

TerriR

Here's a good recipe

View attachment 877405
I use a toaster oven. Flower in foil 30 min at 250 is the preferred method. I like a longer cook at 210-215F for an hour or more if the flower is moist.
View attachment 877406
View attachment 877407
View attachment 877409

View attachment 877412
$150 a gallon. I have used Everclear 150, no longer available in the People's Republic of California. I have also used X-F-B 190 & 200 for several years.
View attachment 877413

1-2 ml a day have relieved muscle spamisms. 4-6 or more mixed with smoke on days off are really pain free.
View attachment 877414
Lawd have mercy!

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Bahahahah...I know the Irish...they spit the tit for whiskey! I need to make tincture with glycerin...but my magic butter machine doesn’t have a recipe for that.
I've had no luck with glycerin. Evaporated the alcohol and mixed sludge with 70/30 veg to PC and cooked in a glass bottle in water bath of a mini crock pot. Wouldn't stay mixed.

20190325 082442
TerriR

TerriR

So...I put an oz in a glass of this...it just made 🤬 more!!! OMG...cannot do it. I did get a few sips down though...😎...I might be crippled.

461A254F A2F2 4EFF 8086 176096E10786
rayi

rayi

I use Everclear but when done put the jar in a Crock-Pot with water. I boil off about half the alchol then add the same amount of glycerin. I put in in by pouring down the side of the jar. The glycerin goes to the bottom. I then burn off the rest of the alcohol. When everything is done I give it a good shake and it does not separate.

Ina

Ina

First I make RSO and than dilute it in cannabis seed oil.It is way easier to swallow,assimilate or to apply on the skin.Also I think I add the benefits from the pressed cannabis seeds to the RSO and that way it is not so hard for the liver......You could also just shake the decarbed and crushed material in the oil without making RSO first.But this type of oil,like the olive oil and some other should not be boiled or it looses some of its qualities.So I prefer to make the RSO first and just dilute it in the oil after that.You can use other good oil,cold pressed olive oil or grape seed oil but I think hemp seed oil is best because it is made from the same plant:)It is better to make small amount,this is little bit too much because you have to use that oil as fast as possible to keep its qualities.
img_5130-jpg.809947

Ina

Ina

Dan789

Dan789

Here's a good recipe

View attachment 877405
View attachment 877406
View attachment 877407
View attachment 877409

View attachment 877412
View attachment 877413

View attachment 877414
Organic alcohol (Oregon) has a good deal, but it’s 5 gallon is the sweet spot for me, with the excise tax and shipping was around $375/five gallons... Everclear’s been reduced here to 120 proof, we couldn’t handle it full strength or so the legislators believed...

BD972680 B952 4EAD B291 E10365C38E46
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I use Everclear but when done put the jar in a Crock-Pot with water. I boil off about half the alchol then add the same amount of glycerin. I put in in by pouring down the side of the jar. The glycerin goes to the bottom. I then burn off the rest of the alcohol. When everything is done I give it a good shake and it does not separate.
I will give this a try. I really want to make my own vape juice.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

For caps I use to just cook the decarded bud in coconut oil but several months ago I started to use the tincture by evaporating the alcohol and incorporating it into the oil and put in caps. I do not know of any caps that could stand up to any alcohol.

Last edited:
KLight03

KLight03

Reviving a new thread! Hi! This info is exactly what I was looking for. I've been searching for info everywhere. I made a couple of tinctures, then went back to double check my research because everyone keeps calling it RSO oil and I thought for sure I had made it wrong because it's definitely not oil. Everyone casually talks like it's no big deal that I now have second degree burns under my tongue. 🤣 😂🤣 So, the question is: I have 830 mg/THC tincture in 200 ml. If I put a further 200 ml of infused lemon/tangerine/rosemary oil, do y'all think it would still be therapeutic?

Top Bottom