Thc vape cartridges

• Thread starter nemgrower202
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nemgrower202

nemgrower202

Hi

I am planning on making my own thc vape oil.
I read that co2 extraction is better then thc distillate as a base for them, did anyone try both and has a preference?
Thanks

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

That co2 is better than distillate for carts.

Co2 pulls alot more fats and such, that you wont find in true spd distillate.

How do you expect to extract with co2? Those machines are big time $$$. For an actual co2 extractor, dry ice extract is not the same.

nemgrower202

nemgrower202

That co2 is better than distillate for carts.

Co2 pulls alot more fats and such, that you wont find in true spd distillate.

How do you expect to extract with co2? Those machines are big time $$$. For an actual co2 extractor, dry ice extract is not the same.

I own a legal grow license so I am ready to invest in a 10 000$ co2 extractor.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

10k is a starter set. Better add 20k to that for production uses. Then figuring out how to run said co2 extractor is for another thread.

LedGuy

LedGuy

10k is a starter set. Better add 20k to that for production uses. Then figuring out how to run said co2 extractor is for another thread.
Why are u such a downer bro!?
I think dude is lookijg for some,info about extraction.
I think that if @nemgrower202 found someone mechanically inclined with an idea of how to read a schematic it wouldnt be impossible on that budget.
Thc carts are the new wave coming in bug time in my area. The young kids like it. Hell thw older guys who have dayjobs and dont wanna smell like bud. Its an easy alternative for day inconspicuous toking.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The viscosity difference would probably be the biggest issue, although better cartridges handle thicker compounds better than cheap ones. Cutting the distillate with anything will minimize it's THC concentration, plus who wants to smoke PEG or similar stuff? I'm not familiar enough with either process to recommend one over the other, although the distillate sounds more like a combination of dry fractional distillation and CO2. Both pull different compounds separately, like Terpenes and THC, it's mostly a matter of purity by the looks of it, with CO2 extraction pulling more things together and having lower THC levels with all things combined. These things you probably already know.
The biggest issue is to get the thick, sludgy stuff to flow in

nemgrower202

nemgrower202

Actually 10k is enough for a set that can process around 120 grams per day using liquid co2 extraction. And yes I know very well how to operate one as well as do fractional distillation.
My question was what is better, thc distillate or co2 extraction which people answered. thank you

nemgrower202

nemgrower202

The viscosity difference would probably be the biggest issue, although better cartridges handle thicker compounds better than cheap ones. Cutting the distillate with anything will minimize it's THC concentration, plus who wants to smoke PEG or similar stuff? I'm not familiar enough with either process to recommend one over the other, although the distillate sounds more like a combination of dry fractional distillation and CO2. Both pull different compounds separately, like Terpenes and THC, it's mostly a matter of purity by the looks of it, with CO2 extraction pulling more things together and having lower THC levels with all things combined. These things you probably already know.
The biggest issue is to get the thick, sludgy stuff to flow in
There are oils that are made specifically to be used in thc vap pens so I am going to use those. They work well and they make the oil consistency just right.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
There are oils that are made specifically to be used in thc vap pens so I am going to use those. They work well and they make the oil consistency just right.
Those are typically PEG or vegetable glycerine. If you mix distallate with them, you are lowering the percentage by volume the THC content, while CO2 is usually OK to go straight out of the extractor. Any type of additives will lower the THC ratio... is it possible to make the distillate thinner?

nemgrower202

nemgrower202

Those are typically PEG or vegetable glycerine. If you mix distallate with them, you are lowering the percentage by volume the THC content, while CO2 is usually OK to go straight out of the extractor. Any type of additives will lower the THC ratio... is it possible to make the distillate thinner?
Technically lets say you have a strain that is 20% thc. then to get a mixture that is 100% thc (usualy its around 95%) then you need 4 grams of bud.
Afterwards you take 0.8 grams of the pure extract and mix it with 1 gram of oil to obtain an 80% thc vape oil.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Technically lets say you have a strain that is 20% thc. then to get a mixture that is 100% thc (usualy its around 95%) then you need 4 grams of bud.
Afterwards you take 0.8 grams of the pure extract and mix it with 1 gram of oil to obtain an 80% thc vape oil.
I guess the point I was going to make was that it is possible to get higher percentages with the distillation process, but when you "cut" them with the thinners, it is about the same as CO2 oil in potency. Either scenario will give you a roughly 80% THC content. I personally would prefer the CO2 oil at this point since it doesn't have any additives other than what came out of the plant, while the technically purer distillate is mixed with other additives that didn't originate with the plant. They are both roughly the same potency, so the CO2 would appeal to me better, as PEG and/or glycerin causes me lung issues.
Just my opinion on what my preferences would be. I would prefer the distillate, but without the additives.

nemgrower202

nemgrower202

I guess the point I was going to make was that it is possible to get higher percentages with the distillation process, but when you "cut" them with the thinners, it is about the same as CO2 oil in potency. Either scenario will give you a roughly 80% THC content. I personally would prefer the CO2 oil at this point since it doesn't have any additives other than what came out of the plant, while the technically purer distillate is mixed with other additives that didn't originate with the plant. They are both roughly the same potency, so the CO2 would appeal to me better, as PEG and/or glycerin causes me lung issues.
Just my opinion on what my preferences would be. I would prefer the distillate, but without the additives.
Also with thc distillate you do not get the full spectrum you only get the thc none of the cannabioids.

visajoe1

visajoe1

Cartridges made from rosin or distillate are the ones rippin over 90% thc levels in the west. Dont ask me how its done, I just smoke em

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Can anybody make something ay home close to dispensary quality??

I’ve been trying 8 months now and I’m getting better n better but still lacking in a lot of areas

Top Bottom