The air conditioning blues.

• Thread starter StonedOwl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

StonedOwl

Howdy all, I seem to be experiencing some technical difficulty's regarding my little farm. Ya see my Air conditioning unit craped out on me 2 days ago. Scared me a bit, I thought something seriously bad had happened to my wiring, but turned out I just flipped a breaker. Anyway I'm rambling, back on subject. So no air conditioning, and I live in Texas. To make things a bit harder I can't get another air conditioner for about 3 weeks. Needles to say my babies are experiencing temps that range 85-95, not good.

Here's the question, How much light does a plant need to survive?

I did just go into flowering about 3 days ago, but I guess I need to put them back into veg. I just want to know how many hours I need to give them a day, to keep them alive. That way I can expose them to the least amount of over heating possible.

M

Midnight

WOW !! that does suck not sure why you would go back to veg ??? then the light need to be on longer increasing heat each day ... flowering think 10- 12 hrs per day

M

Midnight

how many light in the room and watts ?? i lost my exhaust fan a few yrs ago and the store didn't stock anymore .easy to swap out the motors so i just turned one of my two lights per room off until i replaced it .so i could controll heat better

S

StonedOwl

WOW !! that does suck not sure why you would go back to veg ??? then the light need to be on longer increasing heat each day ... flowering think 10- 12 hrs per day

Well I was just thinking, that if I kept them in a flowering cycle the heat would hurt them even more. However I was quite stoned when I wrote the thread, now I'm sober and I can see how flowering would allow me to use the lights even less. lol

Let me rephrase my question, If I only gave my 3 plants say...1-4 hours of light a day from 6 100watt CFL's. For 3 weeks, would they still be healthy? Or would light deprivation be a problem?

S

StonedOwl

Yeah, that's another thing I was gonna ask about. I'll just have to keep a close eye on em, and pray that I'm able to get a new air conditioner soon.

What if I put them on a 1 hour on, 1 hour off cycle?
Would that cause herms?

A

acubus

With the higher heat for abit, you should drop feed strength accordingly. Plants should be OK......the weak and strong, might be made more obvious. If your not already co2 injecting, starting would help offset the higher temps a smidge. Don't fuck with the light cycle too much, either back to veg or keep blooming. If they are looking kickass, I would keep blooming. If they could've used more veg.....I might go to 14-16 on and 10-8 off and extend the transition to bloom abit. Less the light is on the better for keeping temps down. Maybe rent an AC for the time being or drop some light and veg.

S

StonedOwl

okay guys thank you for your input. I have turned off all but one light, and have put em back into a veg cycle. Once I get my temps under control Ill go back into flowering.

Not what I wanted to do. My grow space is rather limited, and I was hoping to keep my baby's small. Aah well, life seldom goes the way you plan.

Top Bottom