The Art Of Making Colloidal Silver

• Thread starter abeland1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
abeland1

abeland1

Greetings all,
This is the 1st post of a thread that I started on a forum called goldismoney2 over 3 years ago. If you want to learn about the difference between ionic and colloidal silver, which is important to you, reading that thread could be of great benefit. The following is a reprint of the 1st post.
By the way, if you want to be sure of what you're using, you have to make your own.

There are three factors that will determine the quality of the colloidal silver that you make. The first is the water that you use. It must be distilled to a high degree of purity. You will need some way to check that the water you are using is pure enough. The distilled water that is sold in grocery stores in 1-gallon containers will generally be good enough. You will still need some way to check it. That can be done with a conductivity meter or by some method included in the design and function of whatever generator we use.

The second factor is the purity of the silver that we use. We want silver ions and preferably no other metals. We want to make a solution containing silver ions, as they are proven to be of great benefit. There are many other metals. However, that can do us great harm. We must take every precaution we can to avoid taking toxic metals into our bodies. That is why we use only 9999 silver wire and insist on a certificate of analysis showing the impurities that are present. In the case of the highest quality silver, the largest impurity will be copper which is not bad in small amounts. That will be the case in silver that comes directly from silver ore that is refined directly. If you buy silver without an assay certificate, it could contain scraps from manufacturing facilities that are alloying silver with any number of other metals. So it's not just a matter of it being 9999, but what is the nature of the other .01%. When you consider the fact that when we make colloidal silver, the result is a liquid solution with silver in parts per million (PPM), it makes no sense to try to economize on this. If we consider making colloidal silver at a strength of 10 PPM, for example, 1 ounce of silver wire could make theoretically 100,000 ounces or 1500 gallons of colloidal silver.

The third factor is the amount of time that we allow the process. Hydrogen will appear at the cathode (the negatively charged electrode, where electrons enter the water), and oxygen will appear at the anode (the positively charged electrode). Back in the days of the 3 9 V battery and coins, we would wait until we saw a cloud of what we were told were pieces of silver forming in the water and stopping the process soon after that. In reality, the cloud formed by hydrogen and oxygen micro bubbles and meant that the process was in a runaway mode. Disconnecting the batteries at that point would, if you were lucky, get you perhaps a five PPM colloidal silver solution. It would not keep its strength for very long as the larger particles would quickly collide with and absorb the silver ions. A few of us promoted the use of current limiting to prevent the runaway condition. Some of us noted that the higher resistance we used, the better results we obtained in both higher PPM and stability. Many of us, including yours truly, tried every conceivable method of stirring to allow the use of a higher current to speed up the process. All of my efforts in this direction failed. I could not get around the fact that for a given surface area of silver anode only a certain amount of current was allowed. There is a region surrounding the anode called the Nernst diffusion area. To put it simply, it is a region that will only allow a certain density of ions to exist before they agglomerate into larger particles. So for those of you with your setups for making colloidal silver, try reducing the current and allowing more time and let us know the results.

abeland1

abeland1

Those of you who are interested in making your own colloidal silver so as to ensure that you're making the real stuff that will do what you want to will be happy to know that I have finally made a website.

. It's clean. You won't get any cookies or cooties from it. You will see that the intent of the site is informational and will stay that way. It is either a "work in progress" or a "dog's breakfast," depending on how you look at it. Let me know what you think about it and how I can improve it. Be kind. It is not my area of expertise.

abeland1

abeland1

At the time of that first post, I had surveyed the so-called automatic colloidal silver generators available. The best of them, such as the silverpuppy, would shut down when a certain voltage point was reached between the electrodes. This point will vary with the purity of the starting water and the temperature. Because the user has no control over these variables, it would have to be chosen as a compromise if the designer wished to avoid large particles. As a result, even the best of them, such as the "silverpuppy," could do no better than 10 to 15 ppm ionic. There was also the problem of a lack of repeatability in the results. That was common to all of them. I saw no reason to do this as any DIYer with suitable materials, some patience, and an understanding of a few principles could produce a better product.
From the responses on this thread, I concluded that most people would be unwilling to make the effort necessary to use my methods for one reason or another. It is a further testimony to colloidal silver's effectiveness that what was produced by these automatic generators still worked to help people with their various problems. Silver ions are, in fact, a potent and effective weapon against the various harmful bacteria, viruses, and fungi all around us. Even a relatively weak solution of silver ions work to some extent. That being said, it cannot be denied, though some will try, that for a given task, 50 ppm ionic will be ten times as effective in a given situation than five PPM.
When I started this project, I had no real confidence that I would significantly improve on the 20 PPM figure that my larger manual generators could produce. The availability of microprocessors allowed me to apply the techniques I used working in electronics during the space race. I could apply techniques using one chip that would have required a whole trailer full of state-of-the-art equipment at the time.
I got a call yesterday from Paul, one of my first customers for the 1 gallon per day kit. He has been using the colloidal silver he makes from his unit to control his shingles' attacks for the past ten years. He tells me that when the sores and the pain start appearing, he starts spraying the breakouts repeatedly with the 20 PPM plus he makes with the unit. It always works for him. If he gets impatient and stops the process at a lower PPM, it doesn't work as well. I have heard this from many other Shingles sufferers. It is a challenging problem. With issues like his, people like Paul should benefit greatly from making 50 ppm ionic reliably.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
https://theartofmakingcolloidalsilver.com/ refers to individual posts on the thread
Zarathushtra: "With an open mind, seek and listen to all the highest ideals. Consider the most enlightened thoughts. Then choose your path, person by person, each for oneself."

tobh

tobh

Supporter
back in college i used to know a guy that would manually generate his own colloidal silver with a six volt battery and some 9999 silver sticks. always wondered how effective it actually was given it was a very rudimentary, clandestine process, and iirc he never once used an EC meter of any reliable capacity.

cool to see someone is doing real work around this. most CS on the market is more along the lines of snake oil ime. As you stated the only sure fire way you know for a fact what you're getting is actually legit is to make it yourself. good looking out!

abeland1

abeland1

Nine years ago today, I started a thread on a forum called goldismoney2. It was a forum created by people who believe in investing in Precious Metals. It was unique, not allowing any commercial content whatsoever. Any advertising or product promotion was strictly forbidden. It was well-moderated and allowed complete freedom of expression for the members. If the members did not engage in obnoxious behavior, they could express themselves freely. I chose this forum as it was the only one I could find with a section concerning Alternative Health topics, including colloidal silver. It was the only place to get honest information about colloidal silver. Someone in a colloidal silver business, every other source I can find, or they advertise on the site. Let's face it. If you accept money from somebody, you will not criticize them for what they say. Once you take money from someone, you are their prisoner. Let's not kid ourselves. Money Talks, BS walks. Goldismoney2 is supported entirely and only by occasional contributions by the members.
I gave the three most important factors I had found for making colloidal silver. Many members of goldismoney2 had been making colloidal silver for years. They used various methods, and many had colloidal silver generators from multiple manufacturers.
Sadly, it is no more. The plug has been pulled. The good news is that I have been able to capture images of all 1000 posts on the thread. They are available for viewing at:
[link to theartofmakingcolloidalsilver.com (secure)]
If you choose to roam around the rest of the site, please excuse the fact that you will find many links to the now extinct gold is money site. I have a lot of work to do to correct this.

Top Bottom