The art of selling (to dispensaries and others)

• Thread starter t7rln
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

t7rln

lol the clubs are sketchy. Me and my partner in crime (no homo) was in the backroom with the owner of a brand new club in Richmond. Golden Gate Heath Center. He had just harvested his personal cross of DJ shorts Blueberry and OG Kush (im pretty sure it was one of cali connections) called it blackberry kush. had that distinct DJ short smell. and had some color. they had offered us 3800 each. So we told them we will take our business elsewhere. They were HEATED told us we weren't welcome back.

I am wondering if more folks would share their experience/advice as to how they approach a dispensary to sell a few pounds of top shelf stuff, here in the bay area.

t7rln

F

farmerjohn

$237.50 a zip & they went elsewhere!:mooning Must be some good shit!:whew Actually, I don't know the prices in San Fran-sissy-co,:damnhippie: so Maybe it is worth more than that. But 'round here, I've never seen anything fetch over 4k for an elbow.:muscle It would be interesting to hear about how to move toppie to clinics in the Bay area. Hope some folks respond.:harvest::character0029:

joeca1i

joeca1i

the way they look at it,is why buy it for 4,if they can get it alot cheeper,like 32 or 3 from a outdoor norcal source,and pass it, as "topshelf indoor".

E

edux10

yeah, i cannot believe how low the dispensarys go on buying it. I guess they got a lot of people comming in there and just dumping everything they grow because they dont want to deal with doleing it out in small portions on the street. Either that or they dont know everyone or everyone is already taken care of that would pay more. I hear the clubs really low balling it, then sitting on it and selling it for $60 an eigth, also i have heard of a lot of clubs making you front it to them until they really start to know you and you gain some buying power with them.

really now one but the grower is going to make any money selling it to the clubs, i guess that is a good thing or we would see more street quality beasters on the shelf.

T

t7rln

I'm not sure how to sell to clubs. I somewhat looked into it but I was told that I needed to attend a class and had to wait for week to get my donation. The week wait wouldn't fly. However I will tell you that around here you can find lbs for 32 all day long. Topshelf to.

Where is here greeenman707? Thanks for the response.

t7rln

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I am wondering if more folks would share or experiences advice as to how to approach a dispensary to sell a few pounds of top shelf stuff, here in the bay area.

t7rln

was that a cash price or consignment? was he willing to buy several or more pounds at a time? another thing to consider is how much they sell top shelf meds for...

there is a lot of weed out there these days and people who been in the business for days will tell you its getting harder and harder to get 4k and up a lb anymore.

I know people who drive to LA to get 3600...

C

Cannabear

my advice is if you dont know, then you need to be around the business much longer before you try and dive right in. why should longtime vendors tell you how to cut into their business? its hard enough in california with all the competition.

P

paulycali

Elite rare meds. Now that what im talking about! Thats what the patients want and thats what fetches top donation. Clubs must have what patients want or the patients will go else where. Simple as that. I am done with clubs giving low ball donations for your beauitiful organic medicine. They will take my OG's like nothing and for a good donation but they dont give you crap for pretty looking meds that pack a punch but arent strains/names like OG Kush and Sour Diesel ect. That why i am done with my other strains and only continuing to grow elite and rare strains.

Just like in any business there are the top honors. Like Nike and Adidas or Mercedes and BMW. I think i know of a few strains that clubs need on a regular basis. OG Kush, Sour Diesel, Purple Erkle or GDP or Purple Kush, and i think there should be 2 more to round out 5 strains clubs need on a regular basis. Help me out farmers!

What are 5 strains clubs cant go without and pay top donation for?

Thanks farmers!

T

t7rln

my advice is if you dont know, then you need to be around the business much longer before you try and dive right in. why should longtime vendors tell you how to cut into their business? its hard enough in california with all the competition.

Thanks man that was brilliant. Keep up the good work.

t7rln

T

t7rln

Elite rare meds. Now that what im talking about! Thats what the patients want and thats what fetches top donation. Clubs must have what patients want or the patients will go else where. Simple as that. I am done with clubs giving low ball donations for your beauitiful organic medicine. They will take my OG's like nothing and for a good donation but they dont give you crap for pretty looking meds that pack a punch but arent strains/names like OG Kush and Sour Diesel ect. That why i am done with my other strains and only continuing to grow elite and rare strains.

Just like in any business there are the top honors. Like Nike and Adidas or Mercedes and BMW. I think i know of a few strains that clubs need on a regular basis. OG Kush, Sour Diesel, Purple Erkle or GDP or Purple Kush, and i think there should be 2 more to round out 5 strains clubs need on a regular basis. Help me out farmers!

What are 5 strains clubs cant go without and pay top donation for?

Thanks farmers!

I do the same. Some disp. owners will tell you what they want more of, if they won't I just take a look at their menu. Whatever is highest price is what I consider growing.

Some publish their menu online, most don't. Forming relationships help a great deal.

t7rln

420OGFarmhand

Strains that Sell Today

I can tell you that Diablo Kush, Herojuana, and Reserva Prada OG and Organic OGs
These are flying off the shelf as fast as they put it out at my favorite club. And they never will sell you a clone of these strains. You can buy the seeds for 10 ea.

T

t7rln

I can tell you that Diablo Kush, Herojuana, and Reserva Prada OG and Organic OGs
These are flying off the shelf as fast as they put it out at my favorite club. And they never will sell you a clone of these strains. You can buy the seeds for 10 ea.

1. I don't grow from seed, but for someone who was willing, where would they find them available?

2. Do you have a $ range that your fav. club pays per lb.?

3. What is your fav. club (if you are willing to share)?

t7rln

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I totally agree that you need to know someone in order to get a good deal for your work. I only mess with one guy at a time as it's better IMO to trust each other and respect them. It let's me know that my work is going into the right hands not some random customer. I want patients to get medicine is what I'm saying, I guess. lol I have nothing against recreational users though. Nothing at all. Everyone should enjoy the plant.

Cheers,
Crom

P

paulycali

This is what i am finding out. When you enter a club to rid your excess meds always go in there with a higher price than you normally offer your meds for. After them low balling you, continue denying there low ball donation price. When the right words exchange lower your price to what you originally wanted. Lets say at first it was 300 an oz and now your offering to them for 250 an oz. The club feels a little better since you lowered your price. Like any good business man would do.So now your back at the price you wanted. Whats funny is they still dont want to pay 250 but they will. They are hoping you cave and go with there 200 donation price per oz and you say sorry man cant do that and you walk out after saying give me a call if you change your mind. They will call you back almost guaranteed. Why? Because the meds you brought in are what there patients want and need. So the club must supply there patients with that or those rare and elite strains.

Lets make a list of the #1 strain your dispensary or collective has to offer! Whatever there most expensive best selling meds are. We can figure out what patients crave and need also finding which strains seem to be most effective for patients needs.

Lets see what we can come up with

TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

soon..

well...soon like mabie november if legal will bring a whole new dimension in many..many people growing.

cali prop19 will bring in all kinds of new growers.:confused0054:

A

AlienBoyD7

My neighbor buys his meds for 240 oz at a Seattle disp. but its all barrelrolled. I myself am out of weed almost. I gotta a good rep so I got guys that will drop high quality stuff for 220 per oz and pay later. Its like when they harvest they drop buy here first or I help trim for that price.

localhero

localhero

first thing i do when i walk into a club is quick glance their med shelf, and their board. that lets me know what kind of quality they have and the respective prices. if they give me a song and dance about being compassionate and their lowest 8th is at 50, i know theyre bulshit, and i know whatever else flows out of their mouth is also bulshit.

best line i ever heard was from this , "expert" buyer at a club in hollywood. guy tells me that all of their meds come from nor cal INDOOR and he buys for 1500 a p. board prices were showing high 8ths at 70. i didnt even unzip my backpack. told him that nor cal indoor rarely reaches so cal, and it would never be at 1500 a p.

but it makes me wonder, that line must have fooled some poor bastard, or else he wouldnt even dare utter such bulshit without fear of everyone in the room bursting out in laughter.

i used to be a salesman in a different life. im sick of that lifestyle so i dont use my sales skillz with this business as much as i probably should. ive found a few spots that i like as people and who are straight up with me. i would never walk into a place holding some shwag and pretend it isnt. when i have a lower quality plant, im fine with it because it fills a need in the community. some people just wanna get medicated and want a compassionate price. thats cool i feel that. and when i walk in with my top shelf (smell, look, taste, cure, high)- and i know what price it will end up as on the board, i expect to be compensated appropriately.

when you know the value of your meds, and can imagine its spot on their board after glancing their product and quality, there is NO DEBATE.

i wasnt even pushing high and i never do when i know the worth of what i have.

D

dorkvan420

Your meds are your best negotiating tool, and you should accept what you feel is fair, for them...but alot of "growers" ,and I use that term loosely, are blinded by money and try passing schwag for top shelf, and shady clubs only perpetuate this sadness...I also feel you need to man/woman up if your meds are not up to par, and should be no problem dispersing to patients, as long as it is even worthy enough !!!If you have no connections , you need to figure out how to network in this industry, and make sure your product is really top shelf, as 1st impressions do mean alot nowadays!!!
Legalization wont be happening in Nov., we need to fight federal law not state, we also need to respect the mom & pop indoor ops that are going to be the real industry leaders alongside true outdoor cannabis farmers, who can and do respect the land, purity ,and a respect for the plant.
We need to get back to the heart of living, by living off of and from the land we sometimes take for granted.Although it helps if your already on land to do it !!!!

Hydro and cartels are killing it for all of us!!!!!

T

t7rln

first thing i do when i walk into a club is quick glance their med shelf, and their board. that lets me know what kind of quality they have and the respective prices. if they give me a song and dance about being compassionate and their lowest 8th is at 50, i know theyre bulshit, and i know whatever else flows out of their mouth is also bulshit.

best line i ever heard was from this , "expert" buyer at a club in hollywood. guy tells me that all of their meds come from nor cal INDOOR and he buys for 1500 a p. board prices were showing high 8ths at 70. i didnt even unzip my backpack. told him that nor cal indoor rarely reaches so cal, and it would never be at 1500 a p.

but it makes me wonder, that line must have fooled some poor bastard, or else he wouldnt even dare utter such bulshit without fear of everyone in the room bursting out in laughter.

i used to be a salesman in a different life. im sick of that lifestyle so i dont use my sales skillz with this business as much as i probably should. ive found a few spots that i like as people and who are straight up with me. i would never walk into a place holding some shwag and pretend it isnt. when i have a lower quality plant, im fine with it because it fills a need in the community. some people just wanna get medicated and want a compassionate price. thats cool i feel that. and when i walk in with my top shelf (smell, look, taste, cure, high)- and i know what price it will end up as on the board, i expect to be compensated appropriately.

when you know the value of your meds, and can imagine its spot on their board after glancing their product and quality, there is NO DEBATE.

i wasnt even pushing high and i never do when i know the worth of what i have.

Well said. It is quite a show to watch club buyers try to get a feel for growers who they don't already know. Especially when it's you. LOL.

Your meds are your best negotiating tool, and you should accept what you feel is fair, for them...but alot of "growers" ,and I use that term loosely, are blinded by money and try passing schwag for top shelf, and shady clubs only perpetuate this sadness...I also feel you need to man/woman up if your meds are not up to par, and should be no problem dispersing to patients, as long as it is even worthy enough !!!If you have no connections , you need to figure out how to network in this industry, and make sure your product is really top shelf, as 1st impressions do mean alot nowadays!!!
Legalization wont be happening in Nov., we need to fight federal law not state, we also need to respect the mom & pop indoor ops that are going to be the real industry leaders alongside true outdoor cannabis farmers, who can and do respect the land, purity ,and a respect for the plant.
We need to get back to the heart of living, by living off of and from the land we sometimes take for granted.Although it helps if your already on land to do it !!!!

Hydro and cartels are killing it for all of us!!!!!

Man you've got that right. I've been looking into joining the teaparty movement.

t7rln

Top Bottom