The art of selling (to dispensaries and others)

• Thread starter t7rln
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tumbleweed

Low offer

I recently stopped by my local dispensary, had my best Hindu Skunk, Purple Kush and Third Dimension, "A" quality, with 4-6 weeks of proper curing.

They thought it looked great, said they would take all I had for $150/oz. I smiled and laughed to myself and said I would be back if I was interested.

Needless to say, they didn't get anything from me.

R

Rabbi

go to BPG at 8:30-9 in the morning and wait in the30 person deep line and wait they will buy it if its good and wont if its not, Harbor got to get the weekdays before 2 i think, tell the checkin person your a vendor and go into the screat room and wiat to go into an even secreater room and they have a counter top with aleast 3 people there and they to will buy it if its good and not if its not. Same with the disp on Telegraph

After that expect anything and just walk in and say here to vend. then expect to be shuffled off to a different area then the patients. and if they offer more than BPG or HS then your lucky. Just keep going back for several months all of a sudden you'll get alittle better price.....alittle.

But come the end of September it will be hell ( maybe 100 vendors at bpg a day an Hs even more) everywhere for 3 months.

Rabbi

T

tumbleweed

Rabbi,

Thanks for the reply.

Do they require/prefer lbs.? or will they work with oz's?

Will they pay at least $200/oz. top shelf, sparkling/packed with crystals?

Trying to attach a couple of sample photo's. In the variety shot, Purple Kush on the left, 2 phenoms of Third Dimension in the center and Hindu Skunk on the right.

Photo with the Crown Royal is Third Dimension.

Closeup is PK.

:)

Variety small
Pk closeup small
3d wow small
R

Rabbi

well there a finer point, now that you brought up strains All Ba clubs have been burned holding Hindu Skunk and having to giv it away as helping hands same with Bluedream

And with out that OGkssh smell in any Kush you sell it better look better then anyhting they go in stock currently, your better to rename it and your bud will be aleast considered.

Third dimension is a good one rare and needs to be done really well should be your leader.

HS n BPG usually want a bow, the other clubs will take 1/2 and above. Also consider looking on an offical list of dispencery and mobile providers and call those with the mobile business they're a better market for smaller yileds under a 1/2 bow, and can work a better price.

Also if your expecting to Sell you harvest a top dollar expect to wait 5 days to 14 day for payment from HS and some others. BPG cash on the spot so consider that when thinking their 10% less offer is outragous

Pm me bout the 3rdD

T

tumbleweed

Good information.

The third dimension is our personal favorite as well. One of them has a lemon/pineapple smell, the other is just dank and we call it wow. They were originally started as seeds from TGA, the best 2 used to start multi-generational clones. Same strain but distinctly different smell/taste.

Is it worth the time to fully/properly cure vs. just drying for the dispensary? Personally I think it makes the taste better and also allows for better storage.

Thanks again.

3d crown small
fractal

fractal

yeah, i cannot believe how low the dispensarys go on buying it. I guess they got a lot of people comming in there and just dumping everything they grow because they dont want to deal with doleing it out in small portions on the street.

Most of the problem is summed up in 3 words: Incompetent Amateur Growers

If you had just gotten interested in pot when it started jumping out at you in every newscast, paper and radio broadcast. . . If you had just started a grow lately after the fear of being a criminal was over and had no idea what you were doing, getting 3000 in cash for a pound might seem like the best thing ever. You don't know what makes the wheels turn and you sure as hell have never encountered the KIND. You sure as hell would not realize that you were undermining professionals, it's like a hundred thousand bulls in the china shop.

Or maybe you are one of the thousands of grandmas, frat boys and suburban stoners with a shiny new medical pot script and a backyard. You don't know proper fertilization, or how to prevent light poisoning from streetlamps. But since it "grows itself" you are happy to get 1200 a pound for some leafy outdoor colas that have some hermie flowers sprouting out of it. You sure as hell don't realiize that you are undermining the professionals, who would still be able to wholesale primo outdoor pounds for around 3000 instead of 2010/2011 season's projected 2000 per pound.

Hopefully amateurs will drop by the wayside as they realize it is not so easy to reliably grow the best and that they have no access to the really really good shit in clone form. The damage is done however and I expect that California's neighboring states will have a lot more green buds coming their way this year.

beezleb878

beezleb878

Most of the problem is summed up in 3 words: Incompetent Amateur Growers

If you had just gotten interested in pot when it started jumping out at you in every newscast, paper and radio broadcast. . . If you had just started a grow lately after the fear of being a criminal was over and had no idea what you were doing, getting 3000 in cash for a pound might seem like the best thing ever. You don't know what makes the wheels turn and you sure as hell have never encountered the KIND. You sure as hell would not realize that you were undermining professionals, it's like a hundred thousand bulls in the china shop.

Or maybe you are one of the thousands of grandmas, frat boys and suburban stoners with a shiny new medical pot script and a backyard. You don't know proper fertilization, or how to prevent light poisoning from streetlamps. But since it "grows itself" you are happy to get 1200 a pound for some leafy outdoor colas that have some hermie flowers sprouting out of it. You sure as hell don't realiize that you are undermining the professionals, who would still be able to wholesale primo outdoor pounds for around 3000 instead of 2010/2011 season's projected 2000 per pound.

Hopefully amateurs will drop by the wayside as they realize it is not so easy to reliably grow the best and that they have no access to the really really good shit in clone form. The damage is done however and I expect that California's neighboring states will have a lot more green buds coming their way this year.

I think that is just one aspect of the greater issue. Good herb will stand out among crappy herb so I dont really amateurs having that affect to the extent you propose. At worse dispensaries might need better quality control in purchasing though.

I say if your dispensary has inferior herb in place of quality than the issue is not so much the growers fault as it is the dispensaries.

fractal

fractal

Good product stands out but you are missing the point.

Good stuff is a small part of the whole, most people just grew some shit and here it is, nothing special about it. Even if it looks good does it smoke good?

The bad stuff brings down the price for everyone, it is basic economics.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Jeez, I've got some 3rd Dimension seeds I've been holding onto, haven't had a chance to pop 'em. Jillybean and... some other stuff I can't remember right now, too.

T

t7rln

September, October, and November price dynamics will be interesting to watch. Fractal brought up that projections were 2000/#. What do you think?

T7

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Me, too. Last month, July, June--those are more of a seller's market, for lots of things. That said, the last cooperative my son took my meds to, they accused me of putting lemon peels into the bags to make it have that smell. COMPLETELY fucking insulting, although, I also felt a small compliment that it had such a scent they would think that. Dimwits still didn't know shit, though. Never heard of Cali O? I don't know crap about the lines out there and I know Cali O.

R

Rabbi

Oct, Nov, Dec Sept is a seller market

Punctuation will get ya killed!

Oct, Nov, Dec ........................(Sept is a seller market)

I was disagreeing with i think t7rin about sept.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ah, I get ya now. You're saying that September, right before everyone pulls their harvests, is a seller's market. I've found that people are getting a little desperate in the months right beforehand, too.

R

Rabbi

Both interior n exterior are getting a premium this month couple hundy, OD if steller can get 2800

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Dang... that's not bad at all for OD. Stellar, eh? I've got some girls going that I believe are going to qualify for that moniker.

C

CALIPURP

hey seamaiden what club was that they must only deal with that quality outdoor..jk that is funny but at the same time would be insultated but im sure wankers put peels in there bag for smell your shit must have been some fire keep up the hard work....

fractal

fractal

October and onwards is the buyer's market. . . And now in cali we have to deal with an organized network of clubs who band together to shortchange growers. Fuck I love the black market. This year getting 28 for outdoor would be really really good in the main bay area market.

If you can't sell your crop by thanksgiving you probably won't until next summertime unless you export. Next year when I finally get my shit setup proper I'm growing a single blockhead clone that right now is about 3 weeks from perfect and 4 weeks from being moldably dense. If I can grow all that next year I will have product ready october 10 at the latest and this clone is a beast in all categories. It will beat all sours, chems and OG strains by at least 2 weeks more like 3 weeks.

Light deprevation from april onwards is the key! Having product from june onwards all the way through summer would be the way for a smart grower to rise above the masses of fuckwads. You could use this to have a solid connect for the fall harvest and get a good price for it before it is even ready.

T

tumbleweed

I visited some of the dispensaries after some of the advice in this thread. I was pretty consistently offered 3100-3500, only problem was they wanted larger quantities with only a single exception.

Interestingly went back to the first one I visited, that had offered 2400, they were now offering 3100-3300, for lower quality than I had bought them the first visit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom