The art of selling (to dispensaries and others)

• Thread starter t7rln
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
purpleberry

purpleberry

I think alot clubs are looking at it like this, They get X amount of people coming in to buy 1/8 of there top self in a day and will sell it, Doesnt matter if they buy the Ok bud for $3200 or buy the real top self off another guy for $3600+ Either way they sell it for $60
Ive also had guys tell me they get 10 people a day bringing bud in, and by the end of the day theyll get what they want for the price they want.

I

irie

I think that overall the prices that have been dropped in this thread are pretty fair. In a market this saturated, we should be happy to get upwards of 4k/lb of top shelf. When you compare it to the 6k they get elsewhere, yea it's not as much, but it's still a heluva a lot more per pound than anything else I can think of.

I have not brought anything to the dispensary yet, but I'm going to test them out this year. I'm thinking if I bring a P of some heady Snowdog, which I've never seen in a club, they'll be stupid not to jump on it.

While the clubs make more money buying cheaper, low-end product, they still need to stock the good stuff. It's like wine, and you'll always have people wanting those expensive cabs.

vector

vector

You're assuming you'll sell 8 lbs's of $45 1/8's in the same time you'll sell 3 lbs's $65 1/8's. Unless your clientele are [sarcasm] true connoisseurs [/sarcasm] this would not be the case.
You are also assuming you will sell nothing but 1/8's (which I let slide on your first example because you specified the profit amount of a single 1/8)
You assumed a dispensary would have to COD both options when in the real world there is a lot of consignment going on.
You, Mr. Fox. have failed at your come back attempt.

The point I was trying to make is that dispensaries seem to make more money by buying lower quality pounds as opposed to spending more on higher quality pounds.
Do you agree with this?

U

UCtestn

The point I was trying to make is that dispensaries seem to make more money by buying lower quality pounds as opposed to spending more on higher quality pounds.
Do you agree with this?

No.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Don`t see much low end at any of the clubs I`ve been to. They carry only dank that I`ve seen and they are flooded with it. You don`t even get them to look at it unless you know someone.Then they say they may need some later and come back in in a few weeks.95% of venders don`t get that far. I got my foot in the door and kept coming back only to sale a few lbs.this year. May get better in spring.If not I`ll make hash out of it so it keeps better. Not sure I`ll grow any OD next year at all.I think it will be much the same next year.

vector

vector

Don`t see much low end at any of the clubs I`ve been to. They carry only dank that I`ve seen and they are flooded with it. You don`t even get them to look at it unless you know someone.

Ive went in to about 15 dispensaries in the last couple of weeks and I would say they have an average of about 1 - 3 top shelf strains per club. Assuming each club carries around 60 strains, top shelf make up around 1 - 5% of the strains on deck. Of course, everyone has their own opinion on top shelf but I have not been impressed at all. Are you up north? Down here in the LA area, the quality has really taken a dive.

UCtestn - Have you been to a club lately? For the most part, the quality is in the dumpster. This recent experience with the lack of quality was what led me to my previous conclusion. I guess there could be other factors but it seems to make sense.

U

UCtestn

UCtestn - Have you been to a club lately? For the most part, the quality is in the dumpster. This recent experience with the lack of quality was what led me to my previous conclusion. I guess there could be other factors but it seems to make sense.

There will always be a market for a Hyundai. As a matter of fact there is even for a "top shelf" Hyundai marketed as a competitor for a BMW and Mercedes. Some will buy it and believe they are riding in quality because of the plush interior, but the market knows better. Hyundai mell sell a lot of cars, just like Suzuki, but Toyota and Honda will make more money, sell more cars and most importantly, have customer loyalty which insures future revenue and sales growth. Get it?

God forbid I write up a few pages on what went wrong with US auto makers. They had more revenue then any other auto maker.

It's the same thing for any product in most US markets.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Up North they tend to buy only quality at the finer clubs. Oh there is alot of B grade around this year but they just don`t buy it.Lot of the B grade goes down South I gess. Sorry bout that ..LOL! Clubs are well stocked up here and even the best is moving very slow.Street prices being so low has also had it`s effect on despenceries sales.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
maybe its me but i guess even if i had piles of weed laying around, and someone came threw with a better product. id sell mine and buy his/hers to smoke. like someone had mentioned about the wine,sure they all taste kinda similar(cabs) but nothing taste like a josheph phelps insignia 2001 or a bottle of opis one. these wines consitantly sell for top dollar $150+ per bottle in a flooded market.

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
Opus One, how dare you misspell it! hehe j/k :)

Pretty much silk in a bottle right there.

As for being on topic; I would agree that a lot of sub par stuff is sitting on shelves and trying to be vended by cruddy growers.( I see it 1st hand) Some dispensaries won't have any of that at their spot. You have to find those places and support them as either a patient or vendor. I call them "Boutiques" because in a sense they will only have quality meds to provide. In San Jose of like the 100 plus disp. We have maybe 5 that are excellent all round, 10 very solids spots, 10 decent spots and the rest are corrupt dives.. bleh.

It's all the MC3 dispensaries you want to stick with, at least here. MC3 being a group of Dispensaries that follow guidelines and protocols; That instill a safe and efficient place for patients to get meds. Only 16 or 17 are in that group right now. All the best are in that group IE. Harborside, Elemental, San Jose Patients group(MC3 founding dispensary) Arc Healing center and so on.

I know some folks are anti harborside but they always have something nice on the shelf I would like to try. Plus it is ran well. Very efficient processing area with workers suited up like a lab packaging meds. They save every scrap and make hash/oil/butter with that, all while documenting each bit. That's why most meds you look at there all have perfect trim... It's all finely trimmed. Elemental is the same way, They are CannB which is like a clone of Harborside. You sign your life on the line and CannB gives you every single thing(including meds) to erect a dispensary with your name on it and Harborside's Model. Just like a franchise folks. All Steve DeAngello, CannB is all his idea. He is in few other states now and you could be going to one and not even know your in one. Heck I think the guy is pretty smart on that one from the canna business aspect... Little info tidbit there.

^^^ They(cannb) will give you a fair price on quality meds just for the fact that it is in their protocols to do so, this is also how you keep your best farmers coming back as well as the patients for those A+ meds always in stock. I do know this first hand. Part of the sale is not only the meds but you the vender too must be on your game. Dosen't hurt to look sharp and articulate yourself well. I have brokered for quite a while and you just come across some fucking weirdos; That even if Jesus himself grew the meds Iwouldn't want to deal with freaky ass venders. :) hehe sry.

Prices have indeed dropped over the last couple years. I hope they stabilize so the elite farmers can keep doing what they do. For me I strive to work solely with plants and patients only. I do a little a everything, I love it. It's nice to do something you love and make people happy at the same time.

Cheers.

What a ramble... StarDawg bho is the shit!

W

weedfan

I know right<<:giggle<<and im an asshole for sayin so

gtd

Yeah those look like very nice buds but $5,200 seems high. I've seen some that looked very similar but didn't smoke worth a crap. Not saying that don't kill your grill but looks alone can't prove it. You should send us all samples :anim_09: JK :character0029:

D

DTray

Down Here in Southern California, south of LA, I was talking to a local owner of the dispensary. I have grown a few indoor crops for personal medical use and I might have some extra. Now I just nodded my head and said ill think about it even though i know hes trying to shaft me but he offered me 100 and maybe 150 (if its the top shit) an ounce and said he doesnt pay much more than that and max about 1500-2k a lb. he sells $50 1/8ths half oz 180 and oz 300-360 so that tells me right there he is making his fair share

I would like to donate some back to the dispensaries to recoup some cash but not at those low prices and I dont want to drive all the other growers prices down because it would shoot myself in the foot in the long run.

Can anyone tell me what the prices look like south of LA and whats a realistic price to be offered and how to go about holding out for a good price.

C

coastalgreen

Please bring all fire to Coastal Green. We are pot aficionados before business owners and have much respect for the growers out there doing it right.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Please bring all fire to Coastal Green. We are pot aficionados before business owners and have much respect for the growers out there doing it right.

>>Where is your location coastal:)<<Are u new??

gtd:passingjoint:

budfriend

budfriend

Dtray. Dispensary is a scammer. He gets greenhouse and outdoor for those low prices but not good indoor. He is lying to you.

It all depends on quality. SUper dank maybe 250 is fair. If its alright then 200 is the lowest but thats really low. and those are larger quantity prices broken down.

Do us all a favor and dont give it to this guy. I would not go there again to buy meds but if you do then tell him you got 250 from his competition.

Some of these despinsary owners are shady.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Yo! Were located in Miramar but I gotta warn you, we're very picky!

>>:giggle thats good to know<I jive your style:)<<I'm picky also<<
what are your vending days/hours
:passingjoint:
gtd

Top Bottom