The best pot on earth

• Thread starter jonnynu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
This is going to take a minute. Back when I was in Nam ('68-70) a Marine I met "gifted" me a bag of what I what I was told was Vietnamese Black for $30.00. I don't know if it was "passa washed" ( a process of using the left over water used when heroin was "cooked" EXCEPT for most of the morphine or heroin,but I have my doubts. See DJ Short's book "Culivating Exceptional Cannabis", page 81 for a more through discription.

In any event, it was by far the best one hit smoke I've ever had the pleasure to smoke. We had a small wodden pipe, that when a wooden pencil's eraser was broken off, would bearly accept the metal ring that held the eraser in place. That was good for two hits. One hit for two people.

The effect was immediate laughter which lasted for hours. Needless to say, that bag lasted forever.

Since then I've been trying to find anything close, and close I've gotten. Neville's Haze at 26 weeks was positively close, but who has the time to put 26 weeks into it.

That said, I grew out Reeferman's G-13 X Haxe which is WELL WORTH THE RUN. You're talking wickedly fast stuff here. Although it wasn't what I had in Nam it was close. My heart was pounding like a drum. Just in case it was a fluke, I gave it a break for a few days and tried it again. Three hits and I was right back where I was before.

Thought some of you might be interested. Sitll, I'm tempted to travel back to Nam and talk to the Frenchies who have been growing for decades.....just tempted.

By the way, Cannabible #3 shows some pics of Vietnamese Black. Those that have the seeds arn't parting with them at any cost.

Peace.

A

Apophis

I have a keeper out of a pack of Nam Black from Anon and also a keeper from a pack of Redrum from Anon from back in 00'. Both are very good, some of the best, but not quite one hit and your incapacitated, usually half a spliff and your blistered though(I am high tolerance). The Redrum is better that Nam Black imho, the only weed i have ever seen that gives off only black smoke, the bubble is deadly.

S

SnowCap

This is going to take a minute. Back when I was in Nam ('68-70) a Marine I met "gifted" me a bag of what I what I was told was Vietnamese Black for $30.00. I don't know if it was "passa washed" ( a process of using the left over water used when heroin was "cooked" EXCEPT for most of the morphine or heroin,but I have my doubts. See DJ Short's book "Culivating Exceptional Cannabis", page 81 for a more through discription.

In any event, it was by far the best one hit smoke I've ever had the pleasure to smoke. We had a small wodden pipe, that when a wooden pencil's eraser was broken off, would bearly accept the metal ring that held the eraser in place. That was good for two hits. One hit for two people.

The effect was immediate laughter which lasted for hours. Needless to say, that bag lasted forever.

Since then I've been trying to find anything close, and close I've gotten. Neville's Haze at 26 weeks was positively close, but who has the time to put 26 weeks into it.

That said, I grew out Reeferman's G-13 X Haxe which is WELL WORTH THE RUN. You're talking wickedly fast stuff here. Although it wasn't what I had in Nam it was close. My heart was pounding like a drum. Just in case it was a fluke, I gave it a break for a few days and tried it again. Three hits and I was right back where I was before.

Thought some of you might be interested. Sitll, I'm tempted to travel back to Nam and talk to the Frenchies who have been growing for decades.....just tempted.

By the way, Cannabible #3 shows some pics of Vietnamese Black. Those that have the seeds arn't parting with them at any cost.

Peace.

That Vietnam Black in the Cannabible is listed as Tom Hills VB. Tom Hill told me that he never grew any Viet Black and thinks the grower may have mistakenly mislabeled his Haze. So the Viet Black in the Cannabible is Tom Hills Haze.

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Very interesting report on the Redum and Tom Hill's Haze. Jason King who is the author of Cannabible must have errored on that one. The Redum is definetly a strain I'll keep a eye out for.

Once again, I was TOLD it was VB. I have no way really knowing for certain. One thing is for certain though...it came from Nam, that's for sure.

I had the pleasure of trying OG kush back a few years ago from a "friend" who had the real stuff. It was extremely strong smoke. No way on earth could I drive. That wasn't an option for a couple to three hours. Positively devastating.

I purchased an eighth of what was supposed to be the kind from one of the West LA collectives for $85. It wasn't! Don't ya hate it when you've had the kind and then find it next to impossible to find it again?

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
If you pay closer attention to what I actually printed, it said EXCEPT for..... All you really need to do is go to DJ Short's book as I stated. In additon, I stated that "I had my doubts".The discription of the effects of what I smoked are surely totally inconsistant with that of using Heroin or Morphine isn't it? I would NEVER condone weed soaked with that stuff,however, as DJ Short stated in his book it was a practice in that neighborhood back in the day.

Perhaps you would like to or consider contacting DJ and lamblasting him for what he wrote in his book as well. That way you could get to the core of the statement I repeated.

The key to understanding what a person writes in any context to actually read what is written and not go off on particular words without considering the context in which they were witten....in particular DJ's comments in his book as well as what I actually stated.

peace

S

SnowCap

You know the best weed in the world is totally personal. People are affected in different ways to the differences in cannabinoids and terpenoids within whatever strain.

I love a good sweet stratospheric Thai or a clear and trippy Colombian or a laugh your ass off old school Mexican.

Some of the Hazes I've smoked can make you nearly freak out, or feel as your heart will explode, some will cause truly psychedelic experiences but most people have not experienced this type of weed. Its a shame that most trippy sativas are not grown because people are scared to grow for a long period of time.

Here is some pics of some good weed, because to me its all good...lol

Black Haze: Purple Haze pheno
http://i34.invalid.com/syvyxg.jpg

Purple Haze x Panama
http://i37.invalid.com/2zyv0ux.jpg

Big Sur Holy bud: Pink pistil pheno
http://i33.invalid.com/34g3cp5.jpg

BSHB pink pheno bud shot
http://i33.invalid.com/2wqr2w7.jpg

C

captain.koons

TomHill's Haze?

Destroyer by Cannabiogen?

You just want to get silly fucked up on a sativa?

F

frogeye

nice snowcap that bottom pic looks like coral thats some beautiful bud.did u actually smoke that piece or is it just a pic u have.

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Absolutley gorgous looking sativas Snow Cap!!!!

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

O.k. Snowcap I here you about people not wanting to grow sativas. I on the other hand am down to give anything a try.....especially if I can get some truly psychedelic stuff I will let something flower for as long as needed. What I need to know is what are the most psychedelic haze's or other sativa's out there that can be purchased in seed form? Reliable breeders and whatnot.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I love the sativas... especially the haze. I have purple haze, sour grape haze, and super silver haze in my garden. I truly believe the extra time is worth the wait; and many of my patients agree. I also keep some heavy hitters rolling some I don't run out of product. My original intention was to grow sativas only when my patient count justified it; and make these available for less than the $70/8th-$140/quarter prices. We'll see what the state thinks about my plan, I guess. On the "world's best pot" tip, I'd be more inclined to believe that "bomb shit back in the day" wasn't so much alien-bred cannabis as it was our low tolerance and lack of experience.

J

Jalisco Kid

You are wrong about low tolerance or lack of experience with looking at herb back in the day. There is more better strains today but not better then the few good ones we had. There are some mexican thai crosses old surfers have in mex that will make you feel every molecule in your body and the vibration it has. JK

M

Medic

!

You are wrong about low tolerance or lack of experience with looking at herb back in the day. There is more better strains today but not better then the few good ones we had. There are some mexican thai crosses old surfers have in mex that will make you feel every molecule in your body and the vibration it has. JK

That is correct. ive puffed something of that nature in cabo san lucas on my surf trip. Looks like nothing. the effect will have you thinking you can breathe under water. Had me thinking that. oaxacon had me thinking my heart was slowly shutting down. My bro even said something about his heart feeling pretty weird, he hasnt said that since the first time hes puffed candy. That was some sparse ass weed with stringy little purple highlighted buds.

H

HIBUSHDOCTA

i'm 32, i've been smoking since i was 11. i live on the Big Island of Hawaii. i've been around herb my whole life. the last time i can say, i smoked a A-plus herb was back in the summer of 99. actually it probally was the 2nd or 3rd best herb i've ever smoked. i've been smoking a lot of nice herb(og kush,trainwreck,white russian,and so on). a lot of these herbs look and taste great, but just dont have that kick like back in the day herb. i'm not trying to be a hater of these new strains, cause i'm growing quiet a bit of them, and its defiently better then smoking scraggley's.

H

HIBUSHDOCTA

i went to the 20th cannabis cup and got over 50 strains, and i can say none of those strains are close to my last A plus strain. and even the G13xHaze that won wasn't that great. i definetly think the back in the day strains had stronger highs. but everybody has their opinion.

S

SnowCap

nice snowcap that bottom pic looks like coral thats some beautiful bud.did u actually smoke that piece or is it just a pic u have.

lol..did I smoke it, hell yes I smoked it...:cool0041:

Would you like me to take some pics?

S

SnowCap

O.k. Snowcap I here you about people not wanting to grow sativas. I on the other hand am down to give anything a try.....especially if I can get some truly psychedelic stuff I will let something flower for as long as needed. What I need to know is what are the most psychedelic haze's or other sativa's out there that can be purchased in seed form? Reliable breeders and whatnot.

I recommend Breeders Choice pure Haze, Crazy X: Malawi Gold x Chronic, Sonic's strains and ACE to name a few.

J

Jalisco Kid

SC I would like to see a shot of the structure of the bshw. JK
please use the scratch n sniff option when you post it.

I

ismokepot

My 2 cents (which is worth about 2 cents) is there were alot better strains in the years of The Seed Bank and SSSC. I find so many of the things I grow today are sooooooo similar. Not everything of course but many, many strains out there. How many ways can a Northern Lights/ Skunk/Haze be manipulated into a slightly different product??? Obviously, 1000's. The elite things around today are exceptional, but the high-end pot years ago was flat-out better overall!

convex

convex

Anyone saying the strains today are stronger never puffed the imported sativa's we got back in the 70's

Top Bottom