The BEST strains of all time. Vote here!

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I'm waiting for the pics of the poppies that the opium was extracted from... :D I'm really curious about how some of the seeds on his VC Charlie x Frankenstein Auto Kush are going to push out both auto and photo seeds. I thought auto gene skipped a gen. So Auto x Auto = Photo. That Photo x Auto = Auto. Or in Frank's Case Photo x Auto = Photo. That Photo x Auto = Auto. Maybe I've got that all fucked up because I'm definitely not a seed breeder dude. "This might be an auto" seeds would be a bitch to run I think.

There going to come out in a mixed batch, as I explained earlier Photo X Auto = Photo + Auto. Then you've got to take 2 of those "autos" and back-cross, it's generally done a third time to remove any traces of the photo that might remain....

Probably an auto that would fair well outside, since you don't know exactly what your getting at this point, yes. But, if you've got the ambition (and enough pots) you can always plant a bunch, then cherry-pick them at day 21-25.

My guess would be since it's such a strong sativa, it's probably going to lean heavily to the photo side of the spectrums. (But I'm sure going to find out).

Overall, In my limited experience, I think these f1's tend to pump out the best examples of self flowering plants, yes there more work, but the genetics have a much more direct line to their progenitors.

The poppies in the pictures are Kandahar Afgani's. I grew out 2 plants 2 years ago, and the opium was outstanding, but I've been reluctant to plant them anymore, because I don't want to create a problem for myself. It's really, really potent stuff, and I don't need that kind of problem, and I would never push/wish it upon anyone else.

Last edited:
linde

linde

There going to come out in a mixed batch, as I explained earlier Photo X Auto = Photo + Auto. Then you've got to take 2 of those "autos" and back-cross, it's generally done a third time to remove any traces of the photo that might remain....

Probably an auto that would fair well outside, since you don't know exactly what your getting at this point, yes. But, if you've got the ambition (and enough pots) you can always plant a bunch, then cherry-pick them at day 21-25.

My guess would be since it's such a strong sativa, it's probably going to lean heavily to the photo side of the spectrums. (But I'm sure going to find out).

Overall, In my limited experience, I think these f1's tend to pump out the best examples of self flowering plants, yes there more work, but the genetics have a much more direct line to their progenitors.

The poppies in the pictures are Kandahar Afgani's. I grew out 2 plants 2 years ago, and the opium was outstanding, but I've been reluctant to plant them anymore, because I don't want to create a problem for myself. It's really, really potent stuff, and I don't need that kind of problem, and I would never push/wish it upon anyone else.
Good idea on the poppies. Ive got a jar of Tazmanian Purple and Afgani Blue seeds but am reluctant to grow them for the same reasons as yourself. Some things are better left alone. Im gonna use them on a big batch of blueberry muffins this winter. Great ice fishing snacks.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Good idea on the poppies. Ive got a jar of Tazmanian Purple and Afgani Blue seeds but am reluctant to grow them for the same reasons as yourself. Some things are better left alone. Im gonna use them on a big batch of blueberry muffins this winter. Great ice fishing snacks.

Yea, I don't think a few plant (under 2 or 3) is much of a problem actually, I've balled up a gram or two of opium and usually wipe it off the poppies with small pieces of cannabis buds, so there dripping wet, then I put them in a container to dry. If it's only a few grams per year, it's a very nice treat, especially if you've got extreme pain issues like me, but beyond that, it's very dangerous. I didn't do any plants this year around.

I wont get hooked on a gram or two of the stuff, and have enough sense to take a few hits and leave it at that, but yes, it could become a problem really, really quick, even in a week or less. And If I was someone who really cared about money more than other things, (or people's lives) this stuff is the most enjoyable smoking you'll ever do, but it's certainly has far too many "risk factors" against it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yea, I don't think a few plant (under 2 or 3) is much of a problem actually, I've balled up a gram or two of opium and usually wipe it off the poppies with small pieces of cannabis buds, so there dripping wet, then I put them in a container to dry. If it's only a few grams per year, it's a very nice treat, especially if you've got extreme pain issues like me, but beyond that, it's very dangerous. I didn't do any plants this year around.

I wont get hooked on a gram or two of the stuff, and have enough sense to take a few hits and leave it at that, but yes, it could become a problem really, really quick, even in a week or less. And If I was someone who really cared about money more than other things, (or people's lives) this stuff is the most enjoyable smoking you'll ever do, but it's certainly has many "risk factors" against it.

I cant believe you just said you wont get addicted to opium on a gram or two. Arent you a trained medical worker? One hit can do it. And if it gets you its kinda too late.

I am off chemical drugs 20 years now. I do believe it is mostly a choice but it can sure not feel that way.

linde

linde

I wont get hooked on a gram or two of the stuff, and have enough sense to take a few hits and leave it at that, but yes, it could become a problem really, really quick, even in a week or less. And If I was someone who really cared about money more than other things, (or people's lives) this stuff is the most enjoyable smoking you'll ever do, but it's certainly has many "risk factors" against it.

scrape them and mix the gum with kief. yum yum.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
This is that Thai strain, it certainly wasn't as finished as I would have liked, but it did turn out very nicely, I'll have to admit. Taste so much like citrus and limes, maybe even a hint of grapefruits in it, I really love this taste. I lean heavy on the indica's so this is a nice change of scenery, I suppose.

I hope adding in the kush genes doesn't alter that part too much, hopefully it will be a well balanced mix. The mama was a thai, so those should shine through the most, but who knows.

IMG 20201012 164956
Last edited:
DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

That sounds like sweet purple to me. Mybuddy put sone out this year and its exactly like you described. Purple from the genetics, not frostbite.

My friend knew a guy who had this mystery purple cut. Unrivaled smoothness and flavor. Berry and jack flavors, loose buds that always burned perfectly evenly, you could take huge snappers without any harshness.

Never found out the lineage unfortunately. The guy stopped growing.

HeavyLungs

HeavyLungs

One can dream MWHAHAHAHA! Its a shame something so special would disappear from the scene. Guess it was too hard to conceal. Now that it's getting closer to legalization surely someone is working on something similar! Its depressing lol
Somebody will eventually strike gold with a pheno.. thing is, will they be willing to share 😝. I’ve been hunting for 10+ years now, I’ve come close, but not quite..

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Thats the common thought. It painted too much of a target on any place that was growing it. Since it was all illegal at the time, people selected the less smelly strains in order to maintain their stealth. So, the strain is still here, but the heavy heavy funk has been bred out.

We need to find that guy in the remote area that never gave two shits and grew stinky weed because it was stinky. It may be lurking out there somewhere.
I agree with this assessment, I think that stink can be bred into a plant, by it's diet, and over generations.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I cant believe you just said you wont get addicted to opium on a gram or two. Arent you a trained medical worker? One hit can do it. And if it gets you its kinda too late.

I am off chemical drugs 20 years now. I do believe it is mostly a choice but it can sure not feel that way.

yea, it most certainly is a mindset, and there's different levels of addictions. I've been strung out bad on heroin and cocaine for years (both at the same time) and alcohol (and muscle relaxants, benzodiazepines) It was a low point for sure. I'm clean off all that now, but I've still got lots of pain issues (fell down a mountain 400 feet) and I've broken a lot of bones over the years doing foolish, crazy shit. (adrenaline rush junkie).

Anyhow, I'm clean now, I smoke around 1gram cannabis daily, and I take 20 mg methadone (down from 120 mg dose). There's lot's of different levels of addictions, from mental and physical withdraws, some are much worse than others. Nicotine and cocaine, cannabis are mostly mental. Some more than others, cannabis and mushrooms have very low addiction potentials.

Heroin, morphine, fentanyl, benzodiazepines, etoh (alcohol) all screws with your serotonin receptors, and that can be very deadly. Much more so, than other addictions. But it does take about 3 or so days to actually get to the "physical withdraw" stage of addiction, (building addiction, not the withdraw stage) plus or minus some time depending on the individual, dosage, and other factors. At least from my clinical observations, and vast personal experience.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

yea, it most certainly is a mindset, and there's different levels of addictions. I've been strung out bad on heroin and cocaine for years (both at the same time) and alcohol (and muscle relaxants, benzodiazepines) It was a low point for sure. I'm clean off all that now, but I've still got lots of pain issues (fell down a mountain 400 feet) and I've broken a lot of bones over the years doing foolish, crazy shit. (adrenaline rush junkie).

Anyhow, I'm clean now, I smoke around 1gram cannabis daily, and I take 20 mg methadone (down from 120 mg dose). There's lot's of different levels of addictions, from mental and physical withdraws, some are much worse than others. Nicotine and cocaine, cannabis are mostly mental. Some more than others, cannabis and mushrooms have very low addiction potentials.

Heroin, morphine, fentanyl, benzodiazepines, etoh (alcohol) all screws with your serotonin receptors, and that can be very deadly. Much more so, than other addictions. But it does take about 3 or so days to actually get to the "physical withdraw" stage of addiction, (building addiction, not the withdraw stage) plus or minus some time depending on the individual, dosage, and other factors. At least from my clinical observations, and vast personal experience.

You should know you are justifying your use brother. And you should know that if it “clicks” and you are chronically addicted again you get to start back where you left off.

I have a similar former lifestyle. I was single til 40. ;-)

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Here's what remains of that Thai strain, what's left of it anyhow, after I've picked most of the tips off it, it's really tasty stuff. I got some interesting genes with that source, another thing in there called Skwurl Killer, which I haven't grown out yet.

There's some "monster mass" that came with that source also.

IMG 20201013 224848
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
You should know you are justifying your use brother. And you should know that if it “clicks” and you are chronically addicted again you get to start back where you left off.

Yea, it can certainly lead back there, I agree. That's why I didn't do it this year. I've been doing well since 2013, so I don't want to ruin my clean time. Also, I'll probably never take another drink again, that was a bad one for me also.

I do occasionally drink a "non" alcoholic beer here and there, but not even that on a regular basis. But I make up for that kind of stuff, in some respects, with all the coffee I drink now.

The way I look at it, is if it's a problem, then it's a problem. Otherwise, I'm not going to keep myself from experiencing humanity, life and the world. Were all dying, it's just a matter of how long we want to prevent the inevitable.

Some people can drink and it's never a problem, nor will it be, because there personality allows them still be functional, and happy.

Last edited:
Zmanisreal

Zmanisreal

My favorite strains
Bob Saget or “the Bob”
Super Silver Haze
Casey Jones
Maui Wowie
Durban Poison
Trainwreck
Og bubba kush

I find it difficult to locate this weed. I’m not sure what is in these strains that really helps me but they do. I have a disabilities and most of the “new strains” don’t work for me. I have grown a few of these but still need to located some on this list.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

I agree with this assessment, I think that stink can be bred into a plant, by it's diet, and over generations.
I think if there is enough of its offspring out there, it could be found again, but it likely will take thousands if not more plants to find the one. I don't know anybody with that many of the old seeds nor do I know anyone who could take that size of a project on. Time, commitment of space, money.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
My favorite strains
Bob Saget or “the Bob”
Super Silver Haze
Casey Jones
Maui Wowie
Durban Poison
Trainwreck
Og bubba kush

I find it difficult to locate this weed. I’m not sure what is in these strains that really helps me but they do. I have a disabilities and most of the “new strains” don’t work for me. I have grown a few of these but still need to located some on this list.
HSC has Trainwreak and it is also a foundation strain in three different strains I grew from them this season: Squirt, Purple Mountain Majesty, and Pineapple Muffin. My wife and I have found that Squirt is awesome for pain management for some reason.

Fudge

Fudge

I have a very similar background, I was homeless and on heroin/benzos/crack from the age of 17, and have tried to justify my drug use many many times, Luckily I have been clean for a long time maintaining on methadone but in the last 2 years I've reduced this down to 0. I have now been COMPLETELY OPIATE FREE for 3 month. I used lockdown as the perfect storm to get off it. I have never been happier or felt as good for a lot of years even while I was stable on methadone I never felt FREE.
Now I know that there is no dabbling or " just this once", it just doesn't work. For those of us who have that "addictive personality" there is no going back, only forwards.

My addiction is now gardening and spending quality family time. For all I look at that Thai with longing memories I know that shit is what ruined my life, nearly killed me on many occasions (and did kill a Lot of friends) can Never be a part of my life again. That single high is never going to be worth the risk of it being that high that happens to grab me by the short and curlys again.

Top Bottom