The BEST strains of all time. Vote here!

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
No offence taken here. Cant speak for sparchange.

But yeah Mental health disorders are serious shit. I underestimated how serious bipolar disorder is until my girlfriend committed suicide after i broke up with her. I left her one night out of the blue because i was actually starting to question my own sanity when i was with her. She had a way of making me feel as crazy as she was.

When i see folks struggling with their demons now i tend to offer empathy and support if anything.

YEa, mental health is pretty serious for sure. I"m kinda bipolar myself, Manic Depressive, ADHD, schizophrenic sometimes, (usually under control). I don't drink anymore, I don't take drugs. I've been risk taking, thrill seeking, and suicidal (at times) and just plain unhinged and psychotic sometimes. I don't mix a lot of substances with my mental disorder anymore, (used to do ton's of coke and heroin) and I''m also well educated, was a medical professional for many decades, have a Bachelors in psychology even, (was done out of sheer interest in the subject).

Antipsychotics have really bad side effects, and that shit was poison. I can't take them. I smoke cannabis, and it helps, I just don't smoke a whole lot of cannabis really, maybe a gram, gram and half day, max.

My wife consumes many times that amount, and would probably consume a lot more, if we had more edibites, so that's what I'm working toward.

I've seen lot's of people die over the years, and I couldn't do it anymore. (hundreds, probably thousands, I lost count) Growing pot's my passion now. Life it too short to be unhappy, and you can't fix everything, or everyone. Sometimes people are just broken. If your lucky in life, your happy, healthy and wealthy then die in your sleep, when your really old.

For the rest of us, there's weed.LOL

Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

I'm throwing original 80's bubblegum and blueberry in there as some of the most interesting weed
Also chocolate Thai
Agree with MIM , the original , early skunk
This blueberry is a very sweet and smooth smoke and gives a really upbeat high.

sambapati

sambapati

My top 3 favourites in order are/were;
-Shishkaberry from Spice of life
-The Purps from JOTI (Its not the same now as it was 20 years ago fwiw)
-Purple Kush, Maple ridge clone only cut circa 2003ish.
Things were good when we were young; music better, chics bouncier, cars cooler weed tastier. Sigh

sambapati

sambapati

Yea, the Thai I used to get back in the late 70's and early 80's was simply stand out above the maui wowie, the columbian gold, it just hit me differently than all the others, in a big way. The columbian was like that too.

That's why I always wonder about it, if it was laced with opium or something. So long ago, and I've smoked plenty of opium over the years, especially back then, and it was pretty chill, and always very fragrant, sweet smell.
I can confirm that a lot of thai stick was dipped in opium. The best 'Thai' locally sourced is from the nearby Laos hill country.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Anybody try the Skunk no1 from Authentic Genetics? I pre ordered some of the "original" from Todd McCormick collection in my search for that true skunk I remember so fondly. I am new to growing and just started smoking again after over 20 years away from the scene. I WANT to grow some old skool skunk! I have to give it my vote hands down. I will say that Ethos Citral Glue was excellent along with Katsu Dracarys but I CRAVE the skunk! All of the weed I smoked was simply sinse, Mexican shit, and skunk lol. I have Ethos Skunk Hero in 1st week of flower right now but it doesn't smell very skunky when I rub the stalk. The GG4 smells skunkier. I have Durban Poison, Jack Herer in there as well as Zkittlez, Grape Diamonds and Orange Velvet Underground...I have a lot of catching up to do!
Edit:
Actually closer to 30 years since I smoked often...WOW HAHA!

Last edited:
linde

linde

Anybody try the Skunk no1 from Authentic Genetics? I pre ordered some of the "original" from Todd McCormick collection in my search for that true skunk I remember so fondly. I am new to growing and just started smoking again after over 20 years away from the scene. I WANT to grow some old skool skunk! I have to give it my vote hands down. I will say that Ethos Citral Glue was excellent along with Katsu Dracarys but I CRAVE the skunk! All of the weed I smoked was simply sinse, Mexican shit, and skunk lol. I have Ethos Skunk Hero in 1st week of flower right now but it doesn't smell very skunky when I rub the stalk. The GG4 smells skunkier. I have Durban Poison, Jack Herer in there as well as Zkittlez, Grape Diamonds and Orange Velvet Underground...I have a lot of catching up to do!
Edit:
Actually closer to 30 years since I smoked often...WOW HAHA!
try Uncle Festers Skunk #18 from Natures Farm. I've heard that's as close as they come to original roadkill skunk. Also JOTI has some old school skunk genetics.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Just want to add that the original skunk. The trippiest, laughiest and longest lasting weed i ever smoked is not the same as skunk 1 or RKS. The original was a huge old school sativa mix. The #1 way more afgan leaning. Like uk cheese.

Not that skunk 1 wasnt great. It just isnt the sickly overly rotton putrid flowers smelling original skunk.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Just want to add that the original skunk. The trippiest, laughiest and longest lasting weed i ever smoked is not the same as skunk 1 or RKS. The original was a huge old school sativa mix. The #1 way more afgan leaning. Like uk cheese.

Not that skunk 1 wasnt great. It just isnt the sickly overly rotton putrid flowers smelling original skunk.

For me... Bubba Gump. 80's Bubblegum x Pre-98 Bubba Kush.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I never tried any bubblegum or crosses. Sounds good.
Is good :) Motivated me to grab the jar... but not motivated enough to soak the glass... yet. Maybe
20201011 113132
in a minute.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Anybody know how to track some of that down??? Good luck huh? I think skunk is on the comeback. Someone is sitting on some!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Anybody know how to track some of that down??? Good luck huh? I think skunk is on the comeback. Someone is sitting on some!

I dont believe a strain can be brought back through breeding.

It was long gone Mexican sativas crossed with something else we dont have (i forget) anymore.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I dont believe a strain can be brought back through breeding.

It was long gone Mexican sativas crossed with something else we dont have (i forget) anymore.
One can dream MWHAHAHAHA! Its a shame something so special would disappear from the scene. Guess it was too hard to conceal. Now that it's getting closer to legalization surely someone is working on something similar! Its depressing lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

One can dream MWHAHAHAHA! Its a shame something so special would disappear from the scene. Guess it was too hard to conceal. Now that it's getting closer to legalization surely someone is working on something similar! Its depressing lol

Growers and sellers were constantly tracked down and busted from the smell. Back then with no carbon filters it was easy.

So the stink was bred out. Same with skunk one and cheese phenos remaining but no skunk.

In the early 2000’s there was a good skunk in colorado in the mountains. I knew the family with the cut. Called skunk 6 and won a late 90’s cannabis cup. It was very much like the real deal was. And a friend who still lives there says it comes around sometimes. New legal weed has made the growers grow multiple new strains all the time to sell to the stores so the skunk is in the background I guess.

My friend has promised to keep any seeds found in a bag for me. But its a pipe dream. I never saw a seed throufh pounds of that stuff.

Like you said. Can always dream...

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Growers and sellers were constantly tracked down and busted from the smell. Back then with no carbon filters it was easy.

So the stink was bred out. Same with skunk one and cheese phenos remaining but no skunk.

In the early 2000’s there was a good skunk in colorado in the mountains. I knew the family with the cut. Called skunk 6 and won a late 90’s cannabis cup. It was very much like the real deal was. And a friend who still lives there says it comes around sometimes. New legal weed has made the growers grow multiple new strains all the time to sell to the stores so the skunk is in the background I guess.

My friend has promised to keep any seeds found in a bag for me. But its a pipe dream. I never saw a seed throufh pounds of that stuff.

Like you said. Can always dream...

Top Bottom