The BEST strains of all time. Vote here!

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have a very similar background, I was homeless and on heroin/benzos/crack from the age of 17, and have tried to justify my drug use many many times, Luckily I have been clean for a long time maintaining on methadone but in the last 2 years I've reduced this down to 0. I have now been COMPLETELY OPIATE FREE for 3 month. I used lockdown as the perfect storm to get off it. I have never been happier or felt as good for a lot of years even while I was stable on methadone I never felt FREE.
Now I know that there is no dabbling or " just this once", it just doesn't work. For those of us who have that "addictive personality" there is no going back, only forwards.

My addiction is now gardening and spending quality family time. For all I look at that Thai with longing memories I know that shit is what ruined my life, nearly killed me on many occasions (and did kill a Lot of friends) can Never be a part of my life again. That single high is never going to be worth the risk of it being that high that happens to grab me by the short and curlys again.

Good job man!

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I have a very similar background, I was homeless and on heroin/benzos/crack from the age of 17, and have tried to justify my drug use many many times, Luckily I have been clean for a long time maintaining on methadone but in the last 2 years I've reduced this down to 0. I have now been COMPLETELY OPIATE FREE for 3 month. I used lockdown as the perfect storm to get off it. I have never been happier or felt as good for a lot of years even while I was stable on methadone I never felt FREE.
Now I know that there is no dabbling or " just this once", it just doesn't work. For those of us who have that "addictive personality" there is no going back, only forwards.

My addiction is now gardening and spending quality family time. For all I look at that Thai with longing memories I know that shit is what ruined my life, nearly killed me on many occasions (and did kill a Lot of friends) can Never be a part of my life again. That single high is never going to be worth the risk of it being that high that happens to grab me by the short and curlys again.
I think a lot of us have similar stories. For me it was lifestyle and WAY too much money at too young of an age. Benzos and mountains of coke and too many strippers with mountain climbing boots. And then I met my wife. She partied with me for the first year. Tolerated the second year. And the 3rd year we spent in Jamaica detoxing my wasted ass for a year. We figured I had been going like that for a solid decade. Today it's all a blur. Haven't touched either substance since. And you have to use the jaws of life to get any pills down my throat. No more German or Italian sportscars. We still make a comfortable living. But that rock "star" lifestyle has been replaced by my plants, woods, and quiet. My neighbors have to hear my guitar wail from time to time a mile away. But that's as far as it goes. Too many friends have been lost. Too many dreams grabbed and then shattered. Too many demons born and slain. God bless the pot.

Fudge

Fudge

I think a lot of us have similar stories. For me it was lifestyle and WAY too much money at too young of an age. Benzos and mountains of coke and too many strippers with mountain climbing boots. And then I met my wife. She partied with me for the first year. Tolerated the second year. And the 3rd year we spent in Jamaica detoxing my wasted ass for a year. We figured I had been going like that for a solid decade. Today it's all a blur. Haven't touched either substance since. And you have to use the jaws of life to get any pills down my throat. No more German or Italian sportscars. We still make a comfortable living. But that rock "star" lifestyle has been replaced by my plants, woods, and quiet. My neighbors have to hear my guitar wail from time to time a mile away. But that's as far as it goes. Too many friends have been lost. Too many dreams grabbed and then shattered. Too many demons born and slain. God bless the pot.
I worked it out how much I spent over the years
I am also a musician and busked on the streets to feed my habit , I earned on average £200 a DAY over the space of about 16 years works out at about £1.16mill up my arm or smoked and thats without big days on top. Ive estimated roughly £2.5 mill ive spent. enough for me to comfortably live the rest of my days. It used to make me angry at myself for all the waste .Yet now im happy with nothing ( well my family and a good honest god made plant that is better than any antidepressant/chemical drugs )

Edit I now play my music to my plants daily

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I worked it out how much I spent over the years
I am also a musician and busked on the streets to feed my habit , I earned on average £200 a DAY over the space of about 16 years works out at about £1.16mill up my arm or smoked and thats without big days on top. Ive estimated roughly £2.5 mill ive spent. enough for me to comfortably live the rest of my days. It used to make me angry at myself for all the waste .Yet now im happy with nothing ( well my family and a good honest god made plant that is better than any antidepressant/chemical drugs )

Edit I now play my music to my plants daily
I've never attempted to assign a value to my party time. Doubt there is enough memory to do it with any accuracy. But it sounds like we both made it to the other side and the weed is almost an anchor of sorts. I've been happy with nothing as recently as a year and an half ago when our house burned to the ground. It's been rebuilt and we move back in this weekend... a lawsuit against the insurance company, battling contractors through flu and 1.5 years later... finally. But this past year has been one of the most relaxing of my life. Weird to say that in the face of global chaos but its true.

Fudge

Fudge

I've never attempted to assign a value to my party time. Doubt there is enough memory to do it with any accuracy. But it sounds like we both made it to the other side and the weed is almost an anchor of sorts. I've been happy with nothing as recently as a year and an half ago when our house burned to the ground. It's been rebuilt and we move back in this weekend... a lawsuit against the insurance company, battling contractors through flu and 1.5 years later... finally. But this past year has been one of the most relaxing of my life. Weird to say that in the face of global chaos but its true.

2020 the year that made us love life again, VERY STRANGE HAHA

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Hey, look into the terpenes of those strains. A LOT of medicinal benefits come from terps. There are 113 different cannabinoids and a lot of different terpenes. Its the combination of cannabinoids and terpenes and the concentration of each that give the different effects. For example, the terpene Myrcene is present in most strains but at levels above 0.5% it causes the well known "couch-lock" look into those strains that help you and they probably share terps in common. Like Caryophyllene, the bighest terp in white widow is actually a pain reliever. Just saying.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

That sounds like sweet purple to me. Mybuddy put sone out this year and its exactly like you described. Purple from the genetics, not frostbite.

Thanks much, I will look into that. I do think this was the grower’s cut of his own cross, but I would love to find even anything close to it.

Matix35

Matix35

I used to think my Pure Kush strain from 2008 would forever be my go to.. but some of these new genetics from 2020 are quite impressive!
my new favourite right now is Icecream Cake. *Pictured
What is the smell and taste for ice cream cake?

Matix35

Matix35

I put pictures of My favorite all time strain is sour diesel !i found in a cali conection pack and karma's sour power...after this i gonna say loompa headband i found in a rado pack, blueberry muffin from humboldt co,mataro blue from kannabia(now im trying dj short)..zkittles espacially blue zkittle and my vitamin C (tangie x zkittle).. i recomend all of these strains honorables mention to the bloom seed tropicanna cookie (last picture) i love the sativa pheno trop for morning (i search long time for perfect morning strain with indica these days)

20200412 095203
IMG 20200802 104712 829
20200417 191123
HeavyLungs

HeavyLungs

What is the smell and taste for ice cream cake?
It’s got the gelato taste. More earthy then peppery, but not as strong as wedding cake, very big trychs and lots of them. Very dense buds and heavy smoke.
been putting me to bed since last year lol

dire wolf

dire wolf

I put pictures of My favorite all time strain is sour diesel !i found in a cali conection pack and karma's sour power...after this i gonna say loompa headband i found in a rado pack, blueberry muffin from humboldt co,mataro blue from kannabia(now im trying dj short)..zkittles espacially blue zkittle and my vitamin C (tangie x zkittle).. i recomend all of these strains honorables mention to the bloom seed tropicanna cookie (last picture) i love the sativa pheno trop for morning (i search long time for perfect morning strain with indica these days)
The Sour Diesel is King

TheD

TheD

Yea So many seed companies say they have og kush and when I grow it out it’s nothing like the og that I know and love. I heard karma genetics has the best representation of og in seed form.
I have what is believed to be an original cut of OG clones and Bubba Kush clones giving to me by a 80 year old verterán here In Las Vegas I met him through work he said he brought 2 clones from California over 15 years ago and has kept them going since. The og knocked me on my ass and I’m a rosin only smoker so I was a surprised the joint the old man gave me got me like that the bubba not so much but he calls that his day time and the og his night time here’s a video b4 flower going back to pick up some more clones he’s holding for me soon and will take a video as they’re in there first weeks of flower

Top Bottom