The BEST strains of all time. Vote here!

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JimmyCreedog

JimmyCreedog

When I was in my 20's I got some EXCELENT homegrown Northern Lights from a friend, probably the best bud i've ever had.

HeathenFarmer

HeathenFarmer

On the Oregon coast in the early 2000's the baseline was b.c. hydro, and there was a lot of Jerry Berry going around too. Occasionally something different would come through town. Beasters (b.c. stuff) was just OK, and Jerry Berry was pretty damn good, but two really stood out. One was some Blueberry that came through around 2002 or so. Man we were all blown the fuck away by it. We talked about that Blueberry for a long time after that. I only bought a 1/4, since I didn't really know, but man I wish I would've gotten more. My friend kept telling me to get some, "Dude it's legit, buy as much as you can, trust me..") I've had Blueberry since then and it wasn't even close.
Another time we gave an older dude that lived in our apartment building free access to the keg we had. The kegs were like $60 from a local microbrewery, so we tried to keep one around. Made us pretty popular with the ladies :) Any way he was dead broke but gave us an 1/8th of some reaaaalllly shitty shake looking shwaggy weed as a good will gesture. When we finally ran out of the Jerry Berry we had, we got desperate and tried some. Holy hell. It was some kind of Mexican or South American sativa and we were fully in orbit. Super potent, and really unique high. It didn't even look smoke-able but got damn that geezer had the connect. Would love to keep something like that in the stable.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

On the Oregon coast in the early 2000's the baseline was b.c. hydro, and there was a lot of Jerry Berry going around too. Occasionally something different would come through town. Beasters (b.c. stuff) was just OK, and Jerry Berry was pretty damn good, but two really stood out. One was some Blueberry that came through around 2002 or so. Man we were all blown the fuck away by it. We talked about that Blueberry for a long time after that. I only bought a 1/4, since I didn't really know, but man I wish I would've gotten more. My friend kept telling me to get some, "Dude it's legit, buy as much as you can, trust me..") I've had Blueberry since then and it wasn't even close.
Another time we gave an older dude that lived in our apartment building free access to the keg we had. The kegs were like $60 from a local microbrewery, so we tried to keep one around. Made us pretty popular with the ladies :) Any way he was dead broke but gave us an 1/8th of some reaaaalllly shitty shake looking shwaggy weed as a good will gesture. When we finally ran out of the Jerry Berry we had, we got desperate and tried some. Holy hell. It was some kind of Mexican or South American sativa and we were fully in orbit. Super potent, and really unique high. It didn't even look smoke-able but got damn that geezer had the connect. Would love to keep something like that in the stable.
I remember a mexi strain thst came through town....made you sweat like a mutherfucker would roll on us like rollercoaster. This up and down high. Parts felt like you were falling through the sky....Ever bungey jumped? That felling you get in the core of your body when you're falling...ever had a dream that you are falling through the air? Point is im sitting in a chair the felling was falling through tbe air...real weird. Ill get that sometimes throughout a high. But not the whole high like this stuff did...

So it was seeded....i only got the seeds to they were 1.5 ft tall...the plants were straight reddish purple. Nice big shinny red/purple fan leaves....wish i would have been able to flower...fuckin apt manager needed to search the place...fucker went through the closets and everything. I had the three in the shower....needless to say tbey got the chop...lol

Domon8n30

Domon8n30

Actually, I've seen it more recent than that. It's in Oregon for sure, (on the coast) and the one I had back in 2005-7 was so strong you couldn't even walk in a room with 1//8th of it rolled up in a bag and in your pocket. The entire room will be starting at you.

I need to get a good skunk, and a decent representation of the Sour Diesel (I've got one coming though actually, SD x GSC in late veg) , and some Strawberry Cough next.
I just finished a (Big Growing) Thai today that's finally cured, it's got big fruity citrus lime tones, so very nice, I love citrus.
Here's a Sour Diesel auto from seedsman I got growing it's starting to get pretty frosty....

IMG 20210227 124951214 HDR
IMG 20210304 142156513 HDR
HeathenFarmer

HeathenFarmer

I remember a mexi strain thst came through town....made you sweat like a mutherfucker would roll on us like rollercoaster. This up and down high. Parts felt like you were falling through the sky....Ever bungey jumped? That felling you get in the core of your body when you're falling...ever had a dream that you are falling through the air? Point is im sitting in a chair the felling was falling through tbe air...real weird. Ill get that sometimes throughout a high. But not the whole high like this stuff did...

So it was seeded....i only got the seeds to they were 1.5 ft tall...the plants were straight reddish purple. Nice big shinny red/purple fan leaves....wish i would have been able to flower...fuckin apt manager needed to search the place...fucker went through the closets and everything. I had the three in the shower....needless to say tbey got the chop...lol
Yeah that sounds about right :) Haven't felt that kind of high ever again. I sprouted a seed too, but she got the paranoia chop chop when the cops kept showing up at a neighboring apartment. Just a bunch of early 20's stoners, living the dream.....

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Have to agree, Kushes are just so adaptive, they are IMO the foundation of modern cannabis. Just think about how many award winning plants have various kushes bred into them at some point, it's got a be a crazy high number.

They also tick almost every important attribute that world-class cannabis possess, except maybe those sweet tones that sativa's bring into the game, but once your able to throw that into the mix, you've really got something special.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Have to agree, Kushes are just so adaptive, they are IMO the foundation of modern cannabis. Just think about how many award winning plants have various kushes bred into them at some point, it's got a be a crazy high number.

They also tick almost every important attribute that world-class cannabis possess, except maybe those sweet tones that sativa's bring into the game, but once your able to throw that into the mix, you've really got something special.

But its the thai in og kush that makes it special imo. Of course all components play their part. And i appreciate the balanced effects.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

Magic, (on the right) I've not seen him for years, but he's grown the best blueberry I've ever smoked, ever. I wonder if he's still living. He's known for it being some of the best here in the Seattle area. Damn that was some good flower. Blueberry is one of my favorites for sure, but it tends to be an under-powered flower, usually. But his was two-three hit weed.

I've got some decent blueberry seeds buried around here somewhere, but it's not close to the strain he was cloning. But it was his sliver bullet, and he well knew it, so nobody could get a cutting. He said he had been working with the strain for twenty something years, and this was back in like 2011.

IMG 2511
Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
What's the best stains of all time? You decide, and tell us why you think so.

My vote has to go to Cali/Oregon OG (Ocean Grown) Kush. It's progeny has dominated the world of cannabis for decades.
View attachment 1040062
I read a bunch..not all the posts but the Hawaiian early days for me in 77- 80 was by far the tastiest. It wasn't all Maui Wowie but everything over there was sweet and fresh. The only tastes that compared back home were

The Lebanese Blond, Columbian Gold, Afghan black/brown tar & the early Thai stick. Then late 78 in California came the Red Sinsemilla

The Home grown started appearing and in Vancouver in the mid 80's and it was the Skunk that took off. Each of these different strains had there unique taste and because it was new & so were we that we experienced different highs in different situations.

The pot was of course better than the early Mexican seed weed or dirt weed it became to be known as in the late 60's, moldy,seedy,sometimes smelling like rubber after being transported for hundreds of miles in truck tires.

The pot today has as much taste more thc than ever and we compare the old stuff like it was so much better than today. I disagree I think the smoke today is better than ever and I do remember those different strains and I like to reminisce as well but we smoked 10- 12% if lucky

I'd still like to smoke some of the old stuff today and compare ...that Hawaiian was so nice.....

I've smoked so much pot now it would kill most people...cough cough..... well if it landed on you from a height it would.

I consider myself a professional smoker and and expert smoker. ( Cannabis only) I can smoke like there's no end to it. I have to be good at something if you saw me smoke you'd be impressed, I be hearing things like wow I never knew and Did you see that 2 puffs and it was gone. I ramble...lol

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yea, you sound a bit older than me, I started smoking weed the first time when I was 7 or 8, I believe. that would have been like 1975, and a was a pothead by the age of 13 smoking regularly. I smoked a bunch of bunk in the early years, so getting the red or gold, or sinsemilla was always a big treat. I think THC tolerance is a real thing, but fortunately, it gets reset far quicker than other chemicals, like narcotics.

The wife has a extremely high tolerance, and my friend also. But if they go a day or two without smoking (a real stretch for them) they start getting effects again, tolerance goes down. 12% was all we had back then, and most stuff was probably like 5-7%, but @12%, it was still very much strong. Tonight I'm smoking some stuff that's 30.6% (Vortex), and while it's a bit smoother, (should be for the price I payed) it doesn't feel much stronger than my better strains.

That's the biggest issue for them, they get immune to all types of weed and we have to get creative. Most of my friends say they enjoy smoking my weed because it "get's them high" whereas much of the stuff at the dispensary doesn't seem to be meeting their needs, or they get used to it fast. Some strains are far harder to get immune too, I believe, especially the OG Kushes. I think mixing strains, aka blending helps too, and that was reinforced to me, by some of the well versed people on this subject, who lurk around here.

PiffinOut

PiffinOut

This might only be a NY one as I believe the gangs used to literally kill people for giving away the seeds and clones but... Washington Heights Haze. Or "Heights Haze" as we called it locally was my all time favorite. It was very distinct, very soft and very...diffferent. nothing else I have piffed can compare to the Heights Haze and the gangs definetly knew that back then. Idk if they can even source it now with times changing but I wouldnt be suprised tbh if its still around. Whoever knows what it was a mix hmu cuz i would love to get my hands on it again. It was truly unique

First few piffs of note were Northern Lights and Skunk. Northern Lights has gotten better with time, but I cant find Skunk anywhere here now. Arizonas were always around when I first started but that was a pretty wack strain

Most memorable single time e-piff-any was Green Crack while watching Blue Planet. Awesome show, awesom buzz, even better sleep.. ps i slept on hardwood floor that night lol.

Sour D and Disel and Sour Disel all got old really quick as its kind of a tri-state staple at this point with most coming from the Jersey shore area so while it was good at the beginning I wont even count it in my runnings and each harvest seemed to variate too much for my liking.

Chem Dog was also a nice memorable light up back when my friends came to sleep over and we played Halo on xbox and smash bros for n64. It was quiet chemical tasting, thought I was inhaling literal chemicals at one point but it did the trick and had us so lit talking shit on Ascension and other maps trying to do sky/superjumps to take the top of the tower and snipe everyone out below. God I loved the old Halo and Super Smash Bros days.
Nowadays SWIM can get in some surefire Skywalker and GG#4 but they dont produce memorable effects for me as much as the old stuff.

Nothing beats Northern Lights for an everyday. Heights Haze was also an amazing everynight as it was very mellow distinct and potent. Skunk Chem Dog and Green Crack were my most memorable "netflix/games and chill" smokes but I only ever got to smoke them once. Would love to find some solid seeds for them.
Two other notables was something I cannot find in stock anywhere called "Secret Weapon" and "SuperJack" which was very lemony and distinguished. White Widow was also an eye opener back in the college days, never saw bud that was pretty much white like that.
Honestly bros, the best weed for me was the shit I used to smoke back when 10-15 years ago when I first started. Shit today is good but, I swear the dankest shit was in the early 2000s for me, maybe thats cuz I was a youngin, but it just felt like the golden age of piff as far as memorable smokes go.

PiffinOut

PiffinOut

Honestly bros.
If I could find some Heights Haze nowadays and some Superjack and Secret Weapon... Id be a happy man.Three very rare and unique buds with great effects.
Im assuming Chem Dog and Green Crack of today are the same as yesterday and they dont seem to be in short supply but..
Good luck finding the Heights Haze, if you find it let me know, it was truly remarkable and I totally understand why the gangs in the heights used to keep that shit on lock and key.

My top 5
Northern Lights- wake n bake to get the day goin
Heights Haze- evening medicine, gave me the munchies like a mother, perfect for before dinner. The kind of bud that will make you and your friends enjoy looking stupid together.
Superjack- that I gotta hit the library before class quality gettin things done buzz
Chem Dog- laughcity.. perfect for comedys sports and video games with the boys
Green Crack- straight SMACKED... good for documentaries and a noteably well rested sleep
Secret Weapon- almost a mix between OG Kush and Heights Haze to me.felt like a middle ground
Skunk- noteable mention- the once in a while memorable outdoor with friends toke. smoke skunk at a party and everyone comes to say whats up

White Widow and OG Kush- in the runnings for sure, noteably good for when you have a chick over.

TinkTHC

TinkTHC

I've had plenty of flowers that tested low but were very potent smokers. When I see 25-30% on an analysis it does impress me, I'm not saying it doesn't. But there's plenty of 10-15% strains that are still very potent producers. I can remember strains back in the early 70's that only had 7-10% THC back in the day, and thought many were wonderful strains, actually. Like the original Columbian Gold's and Red's, the early Maui wowie, and of course the skunk weed.
What happened to Maui wowing....geez😳! Awesome buzz there!!!!

HeathenFarmer

HeathenFarmer

Magic, (on the right) I've not seen him for years, but he's grown the best blueberry I've ever smoked, ever. I wonder if he's still living. He's known for it being some of the best here in the Seattle area. Damn that was some good flower. Blueberry is one of my favorites for sure, but it tends to be an under-powered flower, usually. But his was two-three hit weed.

I've got some decent blueberry seeds buried around here somewhere, but it's not close to the strain he was cloning. But it was his sliver bullet, and he well knew it, so nobody could get a cutting. He said he had been working with the strain for twenty something years, and this was back in like 2011.
Yeah man I've had Blueberry quite a few times since but it's never been quite the same. Different appearance and the BB I had was a few hit powerhouse as well. I wonder if Magic had a clone or it was from his grow that someone brought down to Oregon? I remember it was a freak one time thing. Anyway that is the gold standard for me for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom