The BEST strains of all time. Vote here!

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RookieBuds

RookieBuds

CHEMDOG is another "top dog", if you will.

Mysterious as the train's origins are, it just has a vibe, a taste and aroma that people know. It's like when people say "this tastes/smells 'kush'", you know what that means without them fully explaining it. Same thing; lots of strains have that "chem" taste or smell. It's ubiquitous, yet still somehow its own distinct thing that can be picked out.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

skunks..... yawn. there is a reason we quit growing them....
we had better shit.
sensi... they lost all their parental stock years ago.
nothing is what it was... even when they had their parents most of their strains tasted very similar.
the reason we dont grow sensi seeds....
we had better shit.

lol roadkill skunk.
That happened far more than we even know. Back in the day I've heard Shanti had to start all over a few times, the guy who looks like the white George Clinton, well I heard he was an informer (heard is the key word. IDK 4 sure?)
Anyway, they would send seeds in CD's until the DEA caught on...now that they really don't care (ya MIGHT get a letter several years ago). However I'm sure if someone started selling A++ seeds again, they'd be harassed.
So now, rather than expecting most A seeds, ya almost gotta find a freak. The smart consumers always take clones, just incase

kaka

kaka

Supporter
Many stopped growing Skunk for the reason anyone could smell it growing a block away. Had nothing to do with potency. Had a lot to do with cops. If you’re not into them it’s cool but a lot of us are still.

yeah they were loud, but frankly Sour Diesel was louder..
hard to be into then when they dont exist anymore.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

skunks..... yawn. there is a reason we quit growing them....
we had better shit.
sensi... they lost all their parental stock years ago.
nothing is what it was... even when they had their parents most of their strains tasted very similar.
the reason we dont grow sensi seeds....
we had better shit.

lol roadkill skunk.

roadkill skunk is just a pheno of skunk 1. Real skunk was a huge trippy disabling long lasting sativa mix. It smelled of rotting flowers and was mis labeled skunk. It was gone by the end of the 80’s. It had effects you have likely never experienced with little short flowering overbred high thc indica hybrids like you show.

Newer strains are sure potent with thc but usually quite boring to experience.

and I asked you before when you made the same egotistical statement. Who is “we”?

“We” like skunk weed. :-)

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Parts of NJ, NY are flipping out, as they did in Colorado when it became legal.
Ignorance, and bs. I remember they were going to take athletics from the education systems, as they were so broke. Meth was a big problem.
Now in Colorado it's basically legal tender. I hardly had to pay for anything.
The paranoia was there when I 1st moved... About a year later I got pulled over by a cop. "Have any drugs", I pulled out a couple oz..Cop says "No, real drugs" That was a cool feeling.
Thr problem was moving back to NE. Id pull out a bud at the barbershop or something, after the initial flip out, and jaws drop, I'd see their purps lol (it had been bricked). OK for here, but they never seen anything like what I'd pull out. I learned quick weed is still "drugs". AND IT SUCKED!
Cheech, and Chong "That ain't a joint man". One of the all time great cinematic scenes in history.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

sour diesel was accidentally made with Super Skunk. You would have no good weed without skunk weed first.

chem (dog bud) was likely skunk weed too.
Yes sir. More strains came from different phenos of Skunk 1, than anything by far. Grape Ape, Cat Piss, well far more than I'm gonna try to name

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Parts of NJ, NY are flipping out, as they did in Colorado when it became legal.
Ignorance, and bs. I remember they were going to take athletics from the education systems, as they were so broke. Meth was a big problem.
Now in Colorado it's basically legal tender. I hardly had to pay for anything.
The paranoia was there when I 1st moved... About a year later I got pulled over by a cop. "Have any drugs", I pulled out a couple oz..Cop says "No, real drugs" That was a cool feeling.
Thr problem was moving back to NE. Id pull out a bud at the barbershop or something, after the initial flip out, and jaws drop, I'd see their purps lol (it had been bricked). OK for here, but they never seen anything like what I'd pull out. I learned quick weed is still "drugs". AND IT SUCKED!
Cheech, and Chong "That ain't a joint man". One of the all time great cinematic scenes in history.

I’m from Jersey originally. We have used weed as legal tender since the 80’s there. The Mob and bikers run Jersey. Not the silly cops. They were busy busting dime bags like always.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You would have no skunk without Colombian, Mexican, and Afghani. Want to bring back SKUNK? Collect landrace seeds and make your own.

the problem is everyone is chasing skunk 1 phenos like cheese and rks. No Afghan in original skunk. So real skunk like you just said kind of tough to grow indoors. The outdoor plants I saw when I was young were at least 12 feet tall with buds as long as my arm.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

roadkill skunk is just a pheno of skunk 1. Real skunk was a huge trippy disabling long lasting sativa mix. It smelled of rotting flowers and was mis labeled skunk. It was gone by the end of the 80’s. It had effects you have likely never experienced with little short flowering overbred high thc indica hybrids like you show.

Newer strains are sure potent with thc but usually quite boring to experience.

and I asked you before when you made the same egotistical statement. Who is “we”?

“We” like skunk weed. :-)
Agreed the greedy moneymskers seen an oportuniry to fool the public with high thc%'s which dont i mean DONT get you as high as a 12.5% piconning paralyzer the likes of mr Meyers had.

Its great cuz the sheep will buy up the 30% stuff leaving the cheaper 16 to 18% at half the price. Some of which gets you higher and lasts longer/just as long as this 30% stuff...lol. theres the lol our generation is saying...again lol to people who truly believe 30% gets you higher...lmao!

Great post!

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Oh dude ! That's the same thing I wanted to do to budgoodmans boots , except I was going to use headless copperheads ( more common around here ) and dump a bottle of grape jelly in the boots with the snake bodies ......
IMG 20210411 1136282542

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Agreed the greedy moneymskers seen an oportuniry to fool the public with high thc%'s which dont i mean DONT get you as high as a 12.5% piconning paralyzer the likes of mr Meyers had.

Its great cuz the sheep will buy up the 30% stuff leaving the cheaper 16 to 18% at half the price. Some of which gets you higher and lasts longer/just as long as this 30% stuff...lol. theres the lol our generation is saying...again lol to people who truly believe 30% gets you higher...lmao!

Great post!

i think we were up to about 16-18% thc with the 90’s hybrids. If I smoke out a new industry concentrate smoker with a nice old diesel/Thai hybrid like BLT or even an og kush they get so high they babble, chuckle and walk into door frames on the way out.

lol.

growsince79

growsince79

the problem is everyone is chasing skunk 1 phenos like cheese and rks. No Afghan in original skunk. So real skunk like you just said kind of tough to grow indoors. The outdoor plants I saw when I was young were at least 12 feet tall with buds as long as my arm.
Who says no afghan in skunk? What was your version of original skunk?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I grew what I believe to be real skunk in 84, and it was very easy to grow indoors and ripe in 55-65 days.

that sounds more like a skunk 1 to me. The skunk I saw was monster sativa trees. Tricky as they were late flowers. Harvest in mid to late October in Jersey. I never saw it inside. It freakin’ reeked man.

we got busted in school for a tiny roach left of it heat sealed in a cigarette cellophane and in a zip lock sandwich bag over that. :-) 1982.

Latest posts

Top Bottom