The BEST strains of all time. Vote here!

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JimmyCreedog

JimmyCreedog

I just tried GirlScoutCookies for the first time today. I think I've found my new favorite strain. Now I know what seeds to try to get.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I just tried GirlScoutCookies for the first time today. I think I've found my new favorite strain. Now I know what seeds to try to get.

I have an auto of GSC in my room right now. Grew like a banji when it vegged. Went in to flower and has since seemed to stall out. Lots of bud sites, but they are small and few to zero trichomes thus far. She is at 7 1/2 weeks since sprouting. The seeds were from 420fastbud.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

One of the best strains I had that checked a lot of boxes was a cut from breeder steve's LUI probably 1996 or there about, and I actually still have it.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I can remember when those were $10.00
I remember four fingers for $20, that was about 1976, outside Chicago.

After reflecting a bit on many strains over the years, I'm again back to square one. Again, I think of this as the foundation of things.
It's like I can go back in time, but all roads lead to here. Bubba Kush.

In my mind, it's the greatest of all time. Prolific, dense, large, vigor, potency, easy to grow, impervious to disease, rot and all the bad that the world can throw at it, but still comes out shining. A true champion in all realms. It simply gets so resinous, nothing else can thrive.

If I was ever going to think a modern cultivar could become wild again, (indigenous) it would be this one, all while holding onto some of that great potency.

Bubba
Last edited:
pop22

pop22

In 50 years of smoking weed, I've had maybe three that truly stood out from all the rest, and all landraces: Vietnamese, Cambodian, and Mazar i Sharif. The Vietnam weed was smokable LSD... you'd trip hard for hours on it, the Cambodian was more dreamy but still trippy, and Mazar, well it's just my favorite Indica and it make make you say WTF when you realize three hours have gone by and you've no idea what happened! Just got some World Of Seeds landrace Mazar seeds and have started some for the greenhouse!

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

I've had plenty of flowers that tested low but were very potent smokers. When I see 25-30% on an analysis it does impress me, I'm not saying it doesn't. But there's plenty of 10-15% strains that are still very potent producers. I can remember strains back in the early 70's that only had 7-10% THC back in the day, and thought many were wonderful strains, actually. Like the original Columbian Gold's and Red's, the early Maui wowie, and of course the skunk weed.

growsince79

growsince79

I think there's something besides thc in the Colombian that makes it potent. Maybe thcp or something else that hasn't been discovered yet.
I just harvested my REAL Colombian. It looks like garbage. Not much frost, but its actually stronger than my buds that look and taste ten times better.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

What's the best stains of all time? You decide, and tell us why you think so.

My vote has to go to Cali/Oregon OG (Ocean Grown) Kush. It's progeny has dominated the world of cannabis for decades.
View attachment 1040062
Oh God so many to choose from. I started smoking when I was 13 & im 37,lol. Also was fortunate to grow up around great growers & a half hr away from Nelson ledges quarry park which is renowned for having great bud bcuz ppl.come from all over to pass their strains. Id say strawberry cough or jerry berry but to each his own.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

3 strains from the 80's that really had a memorable high for me and my stoner buddies : Black Gungi, Jamaican Lambs Bread & Chocolate Thai. Nowadays I'd add GG#4, AK-47 & MK Ultra to that list. Great smoke that gave me memorable highs.✌️
Chocolate thai was great! Had that in the 90s when I was like 15. Damn was it good! Brings back memories.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

most young people havent. pretty much disappeared by the mid 90s
I picked up some Christmas tree bud at the neldon ledges quarry yrs ago,it was really good. The shape was cool as hell too. At that time I didnt know that was actually name of strain,I just figured the guy who gave me it decided to call it that cuz it looked like a Christmas tree,lol.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Most top shelf commercial/black market stuff is from a single pheno of any given strain selected from hundreds or even thousands of plants.

I know guys that sprout anywhere from 1000-10000 seeds of each variety looking for keepers, and they usually put 1% or less into production. Exceptional pot is just that, an outlier usually.
For sure. Ive had tons of the same strain from different ppl.& been blown away from that certain persons batch.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
In 50 years of smoking weed, I've had maybe three that truly stood out from all the rest, and all landraces: Vietnamese, Cambodian, and Mazar i Sharif. The Vietnam weed was smokable LSD... you'd trip hard for hours on it, the Cambodian was more dreamy but still trippy, and Mazar, well it's just my favorite Indica and it make make you say WTF when you realize three hours have gone by and you've no idea what happened! Just got some World Of Seeds landrace Mazar seeds and have started some for the greenhouse!
Yea, the Mazar is important, no doubts. That's the stain I was seeking out for my Auto projects.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I think there's something besides thc in the Colombian that makes it potent. Maybe thcp or something else that hasn't been discovered yet.
I just harvested my REAL Colombian. It looks like garbage. Not much frost, but its actually stronger than my buds that look and taste ten times better.
Hopefully, this Columbian Gold I've popped from 1999 seeds is going to be a winner! I can only hope at this stage, but if the stem smell is any indication.....

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Oh God so many to choose from. I started smoking when I was 13 & im 37,lol. Also was fortunate to grow up around great growers & a half hr away from Nelson ledges quarry park which is renowned for having great bud bcuz ppl.come from all over to pass their strains. Id say strawberry cough or jerry berry but to each his own.
Strawberry Cough is among my very favorites, no doubt about it. Also one of those mysterious strains, who's potency is difficult to quantify. Labeled as a "so called" mid... Hardly, I agree with growsince79 on his statement above, and I think this strain might fall into this category.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Strawberry Cough is among my very favorites, no doubt about it. Also one of those mysterious strains, who's potency is difficult to quantify. Labeled as a "so called" mid...
Yup,thats what I mean by to each his own cuz its subjective. Many ppl.love strains with a skyrocketing thc. Dont get me wrong I do too. My experiences have shaped my taste in bud so its changed over the yrs. Ive got PTSD from an incident yrs ago so I usually prefer calming strains like indicas. The cough is mainly sativa but produces a great antianxiety effect. I aslo got in trouble yrs ago,nothing major but had to quit smoking for probation. Ever since I started back up when I smoke the real trippy strains it triggers my anxiety. Yrs ago I couldve smoked anything like a champ,lol.

Ponky

Ponky

Well it would be the classics.
OG kush. For being a breeding champion.
Dr. Grinspoon for being rare and unique and expensive.
And DJ short Blueberry. For being timeless kill.
With honorable mentions to Purple Kush for introducing more people to kush.
For the modern era. Pink.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Well it would be the classics.
OG kush. For being a breeding champion.
Dr. Grinspoon for being rare and unique and expensive.
And DJ short Blueberry. For being timeless kill.
With honorable mentions to Purple Kush for introducing more people to kush.
For the modern era. Pink.
OG Kush is a great! Never had Dr.Grinspoon but Dj short blueberry is also one of my favs! Thats what I mean by so many to choose from,its hard. My 1st indoor grow was Dj short blueberry. It was turning out to be a lovely plant until my kitten murdered it,lol. Came home to find it torn to shreds with the cat curled up in the pot sleepling,lol. I believe that was when cat videos were all the rage. Couldve made a good meme.

Top Bottom