The BEST strains of all time. Vote here!

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Old Blueberries from an early genetic fork. This ones certainly at the top of my list. Big thanks to my buddy that sent these my direction, you know who you are. You said it best; "There's a reason why this strain has been around so long"

IMG 20210909 212449
IMG 20210909 212453
IMG 20210909 212507
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

What's the best stains of all time? You decide, and tell us why you think so.

My vote has to go to Cali/Oregon OG (Ocean Grown) Kush. It's progeny has dominated the world of cannabis for decades.
View attachment 1040062
Without a doubt, the best strain was the one you had no idea what it was or where it came from but your friend had it and you both felt like calling an ambulance to get your legs working again.

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Yea the Acapulco gold had us cracking up like loonies , but I think it was because we were teenagers without a care in the world , I mean even a fart would crack us up .....

Nowadays nobody laughs when I fart ..so depressing
I might stop doing it altogether
This reminds me of when I hung out with my brother and his friends, the word "fart" would have them rolling on the ground (literally) laughing till they couldn't breathe...Then one of them HAVE to let one goooooo...And ALL hells break loose! Smh...🤣

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Best smoke i can remember was having lebanese blonde hash my mate use to get.use to put me on my ass real bad and compressed bricks coming from northern territory i called weetbix .wish i knew what that was..i might make some calls and try and find out.we never knew much about what we were smoking in tas was never any names mentioned what it was in the 80s.kind of off the scene but heeaps of dealers to choose from..it was everywhere..
That blonde Lebanese was such a witch. You couldn't get enough of it until you were too jacked to find the lighter.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I lived in Michigan in the mid 70's to early 80's and we had a guy growing hydro and he had Kona Gold. He was one of those artist growers, so he never let anything go out that wasn't perfectly cured. This stuff was the best. You had a real spacey mind trip and your body was glued to whatever bit of floor was closest. But you wouldn't feel it until you tried to stand up when your body would say, "Hell no man. I'm not moving anything." It was not couch lock, it was like a muscle relaxant. You could move, but it took effort.

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
This for me is a long list.....Ive tried prob 1000s of varieties, cause botanically speaking the term "strain" doesn't work for cannabis....cause you can "strain" your brain but we grow Varieties...and strand sorta works but I pref varieties....
and oddly I wouldn't have nothing from the last 10+ yrs even on the Best list...
cause with some like, OGkush. its so bastardized now ppl dont even know what the term Kush actually means far as Varieties go...let alone what real Kush was ...which wasnt OGkush....
Chems are just new turbo type skunks...nothing new...
Heres a few Ive had that stood out......
(pic 3 is myself and Lawrence Cherniak in 2018)
Lumbo or Oaxacan Gold....if you've had the real thing its hard to beat...$50/half in the mid 80s...
80s Mazar I Sharif Hindu Kush - or True Kush, if you didnt have Kush in the 80s you dont know Kush....and it wasn't avail world wide till early - mid 80s thru seed Co's....
Afghan Kush, Hindu Kush, Master Kush are all more Kush then OGKush...for those who think OGkush is a real a Kush...sadly its not...
Williams Wonder - fastest onset yet..very strong herb..
Flo - "Flow" - a unique very Floral line....
FreeBlueSativa - a killer Sat dom BlueBerry that was very heady and cut thru allot of other lines..
Romulan - the Rom pheno of SpaceQueen was no joke...
Conquistador, DannyBoy, JillyBean, SQueen all were very worthy lines from TGA alone....
Apollo lines..both 11 and 13 are unique and would woop ass if grown well...
Purple Urkel - one of my all time faves, narcotic, tasty af...hard to beat if grow by a pro
Hawaiian Purple Budders (Gruru KOC) - If ppl talk shit on Hawaiian lines, then they havnt had well grown Haw....Kona , White Lava, and Maui is good herb to...
SPG, SPG/Haze, Swt#3 - All Sweet pink GF types...All Killer
Osssh - OldSogs SSH selection is hard to beat...
BubbleGum - sativa leaning Pink BGum type
Blowfish - DutchFlowers
Headband - DWD - DayWreckerDiesel .......fuck Chems....Diesel rules!
SourD
LACon - DNA
Herijuana - Woodhorse/Motarebel
Misty, Bubblicious, Papaya - all worthy lines from Nirvana
BlueMoonshine - DP
Shrom , Schrom, whatever.....its Rom x SMCG and its Gold Dom...and bomb shit when grown by a pro
Silver Pearl - Pearl lines were early Skunk hybrids that were not like any others...
Bogs SourBubble
c99 - its to heady for me but a great line...
ISS - Island Sweet Skunk
Catpiss - Federation
thats just off the top oh my noggin...
FOE20

GBCanV1b2
GBCanV1b2 21
IMG 20180419 181438327 BURST001
DSC 6661
87SB Nevil cover
DSC 1841
MMonthly76 ABN 06 21 10
CoverPages BCGA DP
SensiBook1
GBoCanna6
DSC 0002
DSC 0003
DSC 0004
Top40HTBuds1 03 15 12
Top40HTBuds2 03 15 12
TSB1990cover1
M

McPappaGreens

Guy I know got ahold of some stuff about 12 years ago from a fellow that says he got it from a rich Lebanese fellow with a private jet is the story I was told how true only god knows but apon first settings eyes apon it was completely white me being a weed snob was like dude that's mold af his eyes light up an with a shunt reply says no man I promise you it's not keeping the suspense up he says just wait till ya try it so after opening the tin can with the paper bag and freeze dry sealed bag of stuff the smell was totally amazing like nothing I've smoked in like ever and I've been smoking since the age of 9 no joke that is not made up it's another story for another day anyways it had hints of earthy tones like I can't even describe if you have ever smelt dirt as a kid an it smell good you know what I'm talking about I'm not saying this smelt like dirt but my guess would say it was grown in some of the finest dirt known to man it had hints of honey just slightly leaving me to wonder if some bees got stoned an carried away some bees in different countries will flower and pollinate just about anything it had a light soda taste to it when it was smoked though it wasn't bubbly it smelt like hints of soda pop like cola the name I was told it was called is the wanderer and it did exactly just that it mentally impaired me to think move or focus on anything I felt happy and lifted relief I would say it had some pain ailments to it but for the most part you know the scene off up in smoke where there all baked and the guy on the couch is gone and Cheech is like this shit is nothing well it woulda definitely made him feel like that guy on the couch and like I said I've smoked allot of reefer I've seen God knows how many strains some good most shitty ass bunk crap I wouldn't sell a blind guy but that's just me ahh if there was only one seed she would be here with me now

Treecutter

Treecutter

Best I ever smoked was golden buda thai stick dipped in opium. Think the opium had slot to do with laughter for 8 hours off a little bud.
Afghanistan Indica from the late 80's and early 90's was juicy sweet and kicked like a mule to the head.

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
"Best I ever smoked was golden buda thai stick dipped in opium. Think the opium had slot to do with laughter"........ya that dont count...heh
the Ghani sounds proper
FOE20

Bobrown14

Bobrown14

At the time Colombian Gold was $50oz and Colombian Red $60- we started getting Hawaiian Sinsemilla for $160-$200. It was every bit as good as the Thai stick. Anyone who says today's weed is stronger wasn't there.
I was there had all of them we were getting the Hawaiian seedless was the first Sinsemilla we ever had. I still think the high THC strains we run today are better/stronger. Cept for maybe the black opiated hash.

Cophiljay

Cophiljay

CHEMDOG is another "top dog", if you will.

Mysterious as the train's origins are, it just has a vibe, a taste and aroma that people know. It's like when people say "this tastes/smells 'kush'", you know what that means without them fully explaining it. Same thing; lots of strains have that "chem" taste or smell. It's ubiquitous, yet still somehow its own distinct thing that can be picked out.
PXL 20210916 232258053
LOL... Current deck grow is Chemdog #3...the back yard smells like I scrub the deck with pinesol hahaha 👍

dire wolf

dire wolf

Everyone here is wrong about crippie, it really is any weed that’s not brick shit, we called them crippie or hydros. It came from kryptonite from super man… his weakness. But that’s all it is, any bud that’s good and smelly. The only bud that had a name that I ran into was northern lights and it was just 1 huge cola that weighed 1/4lb. I lived in Coral Springs during the 90’s and then my best friend was a huge weed dealer and other stuff. But I saw everything in sofla and was around during the raves ect.. but no one really knew the names of the strains, the good stuff with no seeds was crippie.
Cool , I lived over there also , near sample road , was really quiet back then

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Totally concur with mid 70s top shelf rare buds such as Hawaiian Red Hair ($200/oz), Thai Sticks definitely with opium ($150-$200/oz), Nepalese Finger Hash (extreme lung expansion), and my all time favorite, “Real” Acapulco Gold ($40/oz) when all other trash was going for $15/oz. Four hard Corp stoners would get toasted on a pin joint. I miss those days☹️

EllisK

EllisK

What's the best stains of all time? You decide, and tell us why you think so.

My vote has to go to Cali/Oregon OG (Ocean Grown) Kush. It's progeny has dominated the world of cannabis for decades.
View attachment 1040062
Columbian Gold Bud gets my vote. After smoking Mexican weed that some DEA agent sprayed with Paraquat and some farmer picked up off the ground and made sure ti include a fair amount of dirt then you would agree that the Columbian Gold Bud and Red Bud was a freakin blessing from the Gods. Sure weed today is better but it's everywhere. Some day I will tell you youngsters about the Summer of No Weed! True story.

EllisK

EllisK

Totally concur with mid 70s top shelf rare buds such as Hawaiian Red Hair ($200/oz), Thai Sticks definitely with opium ($150-$200/oz), Nepalese Finger Hash (extreme lung expansion), and my all time favorite, “Real” Acapulco Gold ($40/oz) when all other trash was going for $15/oz. Four hard Corp stoners would get toasted on a pin joint. I miss those days☹️
Yep, back in 1976, me and a friend of mine ran across an ounce of Accupulco Gold and it was $20 and oz. while we were used to paying $10 for the crappiest weed imaginable. It was awesome. I only ever saw the one oz.

Top Bottom