The BEST strains of all time. Vote here!

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Colombian Gold & Panama Red, was going to go with Barneys on the former but I imagine its different, got a freebee seed of this https://www.humboldtseeds.net/en/chemdawg-2/
Liked that plant though it stress hermed a bit, don't mind too much, can use the seed.
That’s the other Humboldt seed one. HSO. Not in America. HSC is in Cali.

Chem and it’s crosses like sour diesel and og kush are difficult to grow because they seed up from stress easily. But if you get to week 9 and start seeing nanners they tend to be sterile. Small and underdeveloped usually too.

All the best plants are like that in my experience. Seed Catalogs used to have difficulty level posted. Northern lights beginner OGKush advanced. For example.

DismalDude

DismalDude

I'm retired, live in the country, main hobbies growing pot, the gym,chess,cats. I'm smoking 10 - 15 ...1.1/4 fatties per day + any eatables that maybe around. I think that builds a strong constitution lol.... well tolerance to it any ways but I'm strong like bull and lazy like cat because of it too.
I feel ya. Semi retired here and like my tents along with regular heirloom gardening,makes me happy. I do indulge a bit more when in pain but usually 1 or 2 fat ones 1/2 at a time does the trick. I tend to use cannabis more on the medical side of things but if on a fishing trip it's time to get baked.

Glassdub

Glassdub

That’s the other Humboldt seed one. HSO. Not in America. HSC is in Cali.

Chem and it’s crosses like sour diesel and og kush are difficult to grow because they seed up from stress easily. But if you get to week 9 and start seeing nanners they tend to be sterile. Small and underdeveloped usually too.

All the best plants are like that in my experience. Seed Catalogs used to have difficulty level posted. Northern lights beginner OGKush advanced. For example.
Yeah, it was late, heat & under water stress, about the best smelling of the last round though.

Chemdawg kola
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yeah, it was late, heat & under water stress, about the best smelling of the last round though.
Hey Nice Bud! Do you store your water in those white milk jugs? I used to but with my water I found a sludge would attach to that type of plastic but not the clear water jugs I get for sleep Apnea machine. It took a while for me to notice the build up on the jugs. I was having trouble starting seeds and my plants weren't healthy. I then saw the sludge when the light shined on a jug from just the right angle.

My grow got better soon as I started giving everything non-contaminated water. That may be specific to my well water but I think those opaque bottles are softer & maybe have a rougher surface for particles in the water to attach to so if you start having some odd issues look there.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I feel ya. Semi retired here and like my tents along with regular heirloom gardening,makes me happy. I do indulge a bit more when in pain but usually 1 or 2 fat ones 1/2 at a time does the trick. I tend to use cannabis more on the medical side of things but if on a fishing trip it's time to get baked.
72. Been smoking since I was 14 when it definitely was not acceptable or cool. Right on the Mexican border. Been growing since I was 16. Always thought I’d retire, grow bud and stay baked. I actually do that but I grow far far more than I could ever use. I donate some to a guy in Anchorage who makes RSO for cancer patients. He charges them only cost.

Three years ago a friend in South Carolina was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Referred him to my guy in Anchorage. He’s free of cancer now including from some pinpoint radiation but nothing drastic. Plus the RSO and chaga. Don’t discount the chaga.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I'm glad to see you back for now. I've tried to look up your posts about UV lights. I'm looking at getting one for flower and I thought you recommended one to me but I can't find the reference
This is the UV light your looking for unless they've come out with anything better in the last year or so, which I don't think so. LED isn't as adapted to these kinds of wavelengths as the t5's, there probably the most efficient within the range were looking for which is UV A+B in a specific ratio, and intensity.

I currently use 1 in my 4x4 between the panels, but I suppose I could put 2 in there and perhaps get a little more effect. But one does it pretty well. In the 2x4, 1 works really well also.

– Fits all 4 ft. High Output T5 Fixtures, F54T5HO Lamp Type
– 75% UV-B, 25% UV-A output

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
This is the UV light your looking for unless they've come out with anything better in the last year or so, which I don't think so. LED isn't as adapted to these kinds of wavelengths as the t5's, there probably the most efficient within the range were looking for which is UV A+B in a specific ratio, and intensity.

I currently use 1 in my 4x4 between the panels, but I suppose I could put 2 in there and perhaps get a little more effect. But one does it pretty well. In the 2x4, 1 works really well also.

– Fits all 4 ft. High Output T5 Fixtures, F54T5HO Lamp Type
– 75% UV-B, 25% UV-A output
So I don't need a UV AB ballast? the tube is enough? I was thinking of hanging one vertically under my lamp, suspended off the reflector. I have one of the SunBlaster single tube fixtures I use for side lighting in my veg closet. I have other lights I can use for side lighting so I can use a UVAB tube to do the job?

Expensive bulb but eh all in the name of progress right? Now to convince my wife.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Hey Nice Bud! Do you store your water in those white milk jugs? I used to but with my water I found a sludge would attach to that type of plastic but not the clear water jugs I get for sleep Apnea machine. It took a while for me to notice the build up on the jugs. I was having trouble starting seeds and my plants weren't healthy. I then saw the sludge when the light shined on a jug from just the right angle.

My grow got better soon as I started giving everything non-contaminated water. That may be specific to my well water but I think those opaque bottles are softer & maybe have a rougher surface for particles in the water to attach to so if you start having some odd issues look there.
Yeah, I recycle them when they get funky & normally try to use quickly.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
So I don't need a UV AB ballast? the tube is enough? I was thinking of hanging one vertically under my lamp, suspended off the reflector. I have one of the SunBlaster single tube fixtures I use for side lighting in my veg closet. I have other lights I can use for side lighting so I can use a UVAB tube to do the job?

Expensive bulb but eh all in the name of progress right? Now to convince my wife.
You need a 4ft, t5 fixture to drive it, rated 54watts is ideal. This is along the lines of what I have, but some of the older bigger units will works also. I think having 1 slim output, and minimal profile is kind of nice. These can be difficult to source, because there not a common item. Make sure they come with the cord and connectors. Should be everything needed, most come with a (white) bulb that can be used for veg also. (I threw all mine out) As I only use it for this for UV application, and have 2 units, 4 bulbs. Came in around $100 for the 4 pack, and around another $60 for the for my 2 single HO fixtures.

That said, I've been running the same bulbs for over a year full time, 12 hr/day during flowers, and still running the first bulbs.

4 packs

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
You need a 4ft, t5 fixture to drive it, rated 54watts is ideal. This is along the lines of what I have, but some of the older bigger units will works also. I think having 1 slim output, and minimal profile is kind of nice. These can be difficult to source, because there not a common item. Make sure they come with the cord and connectors. Should be everything needed, most come with a (white) bulb that can be used for veg also. (I threw all mine out) As I only use it for this for UV application, and have 2 units, 4 bulbs. Came in around $100 for the 4 pack, and around another $60 for the for my 2 single HO fixtures.

That said, I've been running the same bulbs for over a year full time, 12 hr/day during flowers, and still running the first bulbs.

4 packs
Ya, I have a 6 tube 4ft t5 fixture over my vegging with one on the wall for side lighting I can use other lights for the side light and use my 4ft Sunblaster with a UVAB tube in it. You don't run the UV light for the full 12 hrs do you? I thought it was an intermittent light, like 10 min on every few hours. Am I wrong?

DismalDude

DismalDude

72. Been smoking since I was 14 when it definitely was not acceptable or cool. Right on the Mexican border. Been growing since I was 16. Always thought I’d retire, grow bud and stay baked. I actually do that but I grow far far more than I could ever use. I donate some to a guy in Anchorage who makes RSO for cancer patients. He charges them only cost.

Three years ago a friend in South Carolina was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Referred him to my guy in Anchorage. He’s free of cancer now including from some pinpoint radiation but nothing drastic. Plus the RSO and chaga. Don’t discount the chaga.
That is so awesome. Much respect!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Damn man you musta smoked yourself retarded… lol. But 15 a day plus edibles? I’d be a zombie sitting on my couch all day unable to function. But then again I only smoke at night cause of my ptsd from when I was in the navy. But since I’ve started growing my own my ptsd isn’t as bad and I’m finally able to sleep through the night.
Not quite retarded we we prefer to call me special. Its not as much as it seems...4-5 before lunch 5-6 between lunch and dinner then 4 -5 before bed.. Cough cauff hack. sleep repeat oh and one before the gym and one after every 2 days add 2 more, Some days when I want to do extra hard workout in the gym I'll smoke 2 fatties back to back then go in and work my ass off on the equipment. at 69 I'm happier, healthier,stronger than I've ever been I'm not about to change thing voluntarily

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I’d be like a zombie all day if I smoked that much, but then again I only like indicas. If I smoked a sativa I’d probably be able to function.
Na you get used to it. I only smoke what I grow now and they are mostly Indica crosses, it helped keep shorter plants. I just moved out of my 5'6" bunker mixed with ducting a year ago Where short wide plants were all I could grow.

If you aspire to reach my heights you need to start young and work at it, but if you insist on starting late in life I'd recommend you up you measly 2 joints a day routine to a more dedicated plan. I'd try 2 before lunch 3 before dinner and 2 afterwards and 1 before bed for a week before you increase. 😆😆😆 If you start turning green from all the smoke you'll know you're on the right track.🤢🤢🤑

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Ya, I have a 6 tube 4ft t5 fixture over my vegging with one on the wall for side lighting I can use other lights for the side light and use my 4ft Sunblaster with a UVAB tube in it. You don't run the UV light for the full 12 hrs do you? I thought it was an intermittent light, like 10 min on every few hours. Am I wrong?
Your not wrong, but I do run mine for 12 hours. I harden the plants the first week out, then ramp it up to 12 straight away. I've never had any issues.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Not quite retarded we we prefer to call me special. Its not as much as it seems...4-5 before lunch 5-6 between lunch and dinner then 4 -5 before bed.. Cough cauff hack. sleep repeat oh and one before the gym and one after every 2 days add 2 more, Some days when I want to do extra hard workout in the gym I'll smoke 2 fatties back to back then go in and work my ass off on the equipment. at 69 I'm happier, healthier,stronger than I've ever been I'm not about to change thing voluntarily
Cannabis does the opposite of smoking. Nicotine constricts and narrows the blood vessels. Cannabis makes them more flexible, and dilates them. I'm not surprised cannabis creates good workout conditions. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that long term ingestion of cannabis improves pulmonary and brain function. In fact, I'm convinced it does.

The smartest person I've ever known was a pothead since childhood. Eugene Lee, graduate from John's Hopkins School of Engineering, and worked as the main coder for the spectrometer device on the Hubble telescope, 1 of 3 people in the world doing this specialized work. Calculating distance of objects in space. Pure genius, and one of the best 9 ball players I have ever had the pleasure of playing against. I never would gamble against that man, because I knew I would lose. We faced off against one another in a lot of tournaments against one another during my college years.

I think I beat him once out of dozens of tournaments. (even with a handicap spot).

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Cannabis does the opposite of smoking. Nicotine constricts and narrows the blood vessels. Cannabis makes them more flexible, and dilates them. I'm not surprised cannabis creates good workout conditions. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that long term ingestion of cannabis improves pulmonary and brain function. In fact, I'm convinced it does.

The smartest person I've ever known was a pothead since childhood. Eugene Lee, graduate from John's Hopkins School of Engineering, and worked as the main coder for the spectrometer device on the Hubble telescope, 1 of 3 people in the world doing this specialized work. Calculating distance of objects in space. Pure genius, and one of the best 9 ball players I have ever had the pleasure of playing against. I never would gamble against that man, because I knew I would lose. We faced off against one another in a lot of tournaments against one another during my college years.

I think I beat him once out of dozens of tournaments. (even with a handicap spot).
It also helps with cholesterol it reduces the bad and increases the good. I have a number of quirks with my system. I have low blood pressure even under high stress I can maintain a low count ( for my age) My heart beats per minute at rest is lower than that of a Grizzly Bear around 50bpm. It caused my Dr some concern so I had an ECG and I've got the heart of a 26yr old athlete lol not close to the shape of one. I can drink coffee until I go to bed & I go to sleep afterwards. I like to lay on rocks when it gets hot and sunny. I used to climb trees a lot and I have metal parts in me.

So if you're still with me here I'm thinking abduction, aliens and dna implants. There is a time in my youth that's pretty fuzzy I hate fking hate getting needles and short bald men in white coats scare the fk out of me.......signs of an ..abduction for sure My wife thinks its the pot.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Na you get used to it. I only smoke what I grow now and they are mostly Indica crosses, it helped keep shorter plants. I just moved out of my 5'6" bunker mixed with ducting a year ago Where short wide plants were all I could grow.

If you aspire to reach my heights you need to start young and work at it, but if you insist on starting late in life I'd recommend you up you measly 2 joints a day routine to a more dedicated plan. I'd try 2 before lunch 3 before dinner and 2 afterwards and 1 before bed for a week before you increase. 😆😆😆 If you start turning green from all the smoke you'll know you're on the right track.🤢🤢🤑

Top Bottom