The BEST strains of all time. Vote here!

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Glassdub

Glassdub

Not quite retarded we we prefer to call me special. Its not as much as it seems...4-5 before lunch 5-6 between lunch and dinner then 4 -5 before bed.. Cough cauff hack. sleep repeat oh and one before the gym and one after every 2 days add 2 more, Some days when I want to do extra hard workout in the gym I'll smoke 2 fatties back to back then go in and work my ass off on the equipment. at 69 I'm happier, healthier,stronger than I've ever been I'm not about to change thing voluntarily
Yeah, quite special but I'm a very lite user that prior to 20 haven't touched weed this century, I'm just happy to be able to motivate my running + cycling a day later & to brush my teeth before I zonk out. 😄

Glassdub

Glassdub

Cannabis does the opposite of smoking. Nicotine constricts and narrows the blood vessels. Cannabis makes them more flexible, and dilates them. I'm not surprised cannabis creates good workout conditions. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that long term ingestion of cannabis improves pulmonary and brain function. In fact, I'm convinced it does.
Sorry, still not buying it & I rip on weekly Norml posts that contest likewise, I have no intention to start an argument but a just shy of 59 I know what works for me (& perhaps a few others) maybe I'm a puss but I'm not & don't care to be a Wake 'n Baker, nothing against you if you are but I like to save weed for that special time of the week.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Sorry, still not buying it & I rip on weekly Norml posts that contest likewise, I have no intention to start an argument but a just shy of 59 I know what works for me (& perhaps a few others) maybe I'm a puss but I'm not & don't care to be a Wake 'n Baker, nothing against you if you are but I like to save weed for that special time of the week

I use pot as a motivator in the morning to get my old ass moving ( 69 ), then because I've smoked early I need to refresh it every few hours. I just start my buzz at 3/4 of a joint. the next J locks it in for a couple of hours. I was disabled, in a wheel chair and 350 lbs with 2 bad hips. After my last surgery atrophy had taken my legs away. Pot and heavy doses has bought me down to 225lbs and strong like bull. I'll be 200 by Christmas ( goal).

Glassdub

Glassdub

I use pot as a motivator in the morning to get my old ass moving ( 69 ), then because I've smoked early I need to refresh it every few hours. I just start my buzz at 3/4 of a joint. the next J locks it in for a couple of hours. I was disabled, in a wheel chair and 350 lbs with 2 bad hips. After my last surgery atrophy had taken my legs away. Pot and heavy doses has bought me down to 225lbs and strong like bull. I'll be 200 by Christmas ( goal).
Glad it works for you mate.

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Na yall all wrong lol I honestly and oldschool cats will know what I'm talking about the old school haze was the best till this day I say but to me the secound best gotta b ghost train haze

growsince79

growsince79

Skunk #1 has to be a contender.
I remember it well. We had a steady supply in Oregon. Everyone I knew agreed the Hawaiian was better and about the same price $2000lb. We still had Colombian for $500.

DismalDude

DismalDude

In 85 and 86 we had a guy in the area that brought in some RKS. No idea of what his genetics were and didn't ask as the dude was just scary. It was $60 a quarter which was expensive as hell at the time and smelled like you had run over a skunk. I can't even describe how powerful the smell was,it was insane. It was an enjoyable tasty high and the most requested by everyone.
He got featured in High Times magazine which made it even more popular. His nickname was Hankster the Gangster and like I said, dude was scary. After that RKS had been around awhile people started getting busted left and right. The amount of people getting popped was just ridiculous. For the cops it was just too easy as nobody at the time used air tight containers and just walked around with it in a baggie. I swear if you even touched a bag of that shit the stank on it was like getting sprayed by a skunk. If someone was in your car with a bag in their pocket you could be driving behind them and know what was up. You can guess what happened next,ole Hank was picked up,it was one of the biggest busts our small city had ever seen and that was the end of the RKS and Hank. There's a bit more to the story after that but it gets pretty ugly. My personal belief whether it be right or wrong is that the aroma from that RKS was the reason for it's disappearance as it was just too much and could get you busted too easily.

growsince79

growsince79

In 85 and 86 we had a guy in the area that brought in some RKS. No idea of what his genetics were and didn't ask as the dude was just scary. It was $60 a quarter which was expensive as hell at the time and smelled like you had run over a skunk. I can't even describe how powerful the smell was,it was insane. It was an enjoyable tasty high and the most requested by everyone.
He got featured in High Times magazine which made it even more popular. His nickname was Hankster the Gangster and like I said, dude was scary. After that RKS had been around awhile people started getting busted left and right. The amount of people getting popped was just ridiculous. For the cops it was just too easy as nobody at the time used air tight containers and just walked around with it in a baggie. I swear if you even touched a bag of that shit the stank on it was like getting sprayed by a skunk. If someone was in your car with a bag in their pocket you could be driving behind them and know what was up. You can guess what happened next,ole Hank was picked up,it was one of the biggest busts our small city had ever seen and that was the end of the RKS and Hank. There's a bit more to the story after that but it gets pretty ugly. My personal belief whether it be right or wrong is that the aroma from that RKS was the reason for it's disappearance as it was just too much and could get you busted too easily.
I used to throw out skunky phenos in favor of equally potent non stinky ones. I'm sure thousands of others did the same. I don't think carbon filters had even been invented yet.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter

Trainwreck didn't get its name for no reason at all. It's mind blowing components that will hit you like a train after just a couple of hits.

Evr1sFavKush

Evr1sFavKush

If I hear someone call OG Kush “ocean grown” one more time….lol, talk about out of touch.

But anyways, the OriGinal KUSH and all it’s S1s are what speak to me provided you did proper selection and didn’t target just one aspect. Chems are tops too but I like the flavor of funky OGKs for the overall package.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Whatever I'm currently smoking and or eating. 😁 GGxFS and Coconut Cookies.

IMG 20211025 020830
IMG 20211022 174454
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
If I hear someone call OG Kush “ocean grown” one more time….lol, talk about out of touch.

But anyways, the OriGinal KUSH and all it’s S1s are what speak to me provided you did proper selection and didn’t target just one aspect. Chems are tops too but I like the flavor of funky OGKs for the overall package.

Take a tour of the entire West Coast Scene and tell me that afterwards....🤔
LOL, they seem to be doing it alright. I think there might be something too that Ocean Grown thingy, just sayin. Say's the man who grew up in Chicago and Kansas City

I thought I knew what good weed looked like too. Then I seen it grown outside West Coast Style.🙄 Where the ocean breeze blows in, and covers them with a morning fog. Then the fog clears, and it's a virtually cloudless day, and that cycle repeats itself, over, and over and over again. Until the end of season.

The stinkiest variety of SK1 I've ever smoked in my entire 50 years, was grown about 10 miles onshore, in a place called Eddyville, Or. The best Blueberries in the world were grown North of there, Just as close to the coastline. Same can be said for all points south, like Santa Rosa, or San Jose.

The very best cannabis is always grown next to the Ocean, period. It's one of the many things that makes cannabis evolve. That is an undisputed fact in my humble opinion.

Ocean Grown

Last edited:
Andybee

Andybee

Thai stick was the best I've ever had, but not seen that since maybe late 70s or early 80s. A friend grew some that was pretty close to the Thai.

I visited Laos a few years ago and had some smoke that was pretty close to the old Thai. Blew me away, much nicer than all the hybrids I have grown over the years and has sent me on a landrace seed journey.

Honorable mentions to Jack Herer, Mango Haze, Nanan Bouclou. I tend to like uplifting, euphoric, and intense highs, more often found in sativa genetics. I do like the odd Indica if I am in the mood. Favourite on the Indica side would be Lebanese blond hash, mild but happy.

josefrahl

josefrahl

OG Kush and UK Cheese (Never liked skunk much until Cheese was made)

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
chems are smalls
og's are bigs

Chems are bigs.
Og's are smalls.

proper means big. those are both smalls.
So there's a method to the madness, is what your saying?

• OG Kush is a cross between Hindu Kush and Chemdog
  • Those who hail from northern California believe that OG Kush comes from the Hindu Kush seeds from Afghanistan that were smuggled into the US. They were cultivated in the very hospitable cannabis growing climate known as the Emerald Triangle Grand Traverse which encompasses three routes. They include the Lost Coast, a remote and undeveloped part of the California coast, the Mendocino Backcountry Discovery Trail (BDT) and Six Rivers BDT.
  • The southern Californians believe that OG Kush is a hybrid of Chemdog, Lemon Thai and a Pakistani Hindu Kush landrace strain that was developed and cultivated by indoor growers in the San Fernando Valley.
  • OG Kush is a cross between a northern California strain with a Dutch Hindu Kush strain, bred in Florida.

The one thing I'll say is this, I've lived all over this country, and a lot of the costal areas, NC Outer Banks, St. Simon Ga, Chesapeake bay area in Va, DC, MD. Plus the entire West coast, from San Diego, to BC, and all spots in-between. Ocean Grown is a big deal, it's a real thing.

That's why places like Vancover: The weather is amazingly consistent, warm in winter, mild summers. Same can be said all down the coastline, and most spots 50-80 miles onshore, usually up to the mountain pass, then it gets dry again.

MonthHigh / Low(°F)Rain

December44° / 37°15 days

January44° / 37°15 days

February47° / 38°13 days

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom