The big C in Cannabis. How Carbon affects plant growth, yield and overall quality. Exploring various carbon sources.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Alright, I think it's a good subject for discussion. Most people are like I know plants take up C02 and that's about the end of it.

When we think of Nutrients, most people think about NPK ratio's and micronutrients, or ratio's, or organics, dirt, amendments. But were overlooking one key process here. These nutrients collectively take up less than 10% of overall composition of plants. Regardless of whether you know it or not, all cannabis growers strive to sink as much carbon in the plant as possible.

Carbon plays a key role in overall yield and quality, but it's ignored for the most part.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Alright, I think it's a good subject for discussion. Most people are like I know plants take up C02 and that's about the end of it.

When we think of Nutrients, most people think about NPK ratio's and micronutrients, or ratio's, or organics, dirt, amendments. But were overlooking one key process here. These nutrients collectively take up less than 10% of overall composition of plants. Regardless of whether you know it or not, all cannabis growers strive to sink as much carbon in the plant as possible.

Carbon plays a key role in overall yield and quality, but it's ignored for the most part.
What he said ^^^

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
The way I'm looking at it these days is CO2 in all it's forms....

What are the 4 major carbon sinks?
Carbon is stored on our planet in the following major sinks (1) as organic molecules in living and dead organisms found in the biosphere; (2) as the gas carbon dioxide in the atmosphere; (3) as organic matter in soils; (4) in the lithosphere as fossil fuels and sedimentary rock deposits such as limestone, dolomite..

lets pick apart the first one a little; organic molecules in living and dead organisms found in the biosphere; What exactly is a biosphere, that's a fancy $2 word. lol
The simple definition is; place on Earth's surface where life dwells
Carbon is found in the biosphere stored in plants and trees. Plants use carbon dioxide from the atmosphere to make the building blocks of food during photosynthesis. Carbon is found in the hydrosphere dissolved in ocean water.

About 500 gigatons of carbon are stored above ground in plants and other living organisms, while soil holds approximately 1,500 gigatons of carbon.

So the thing I've been doing lately is increasing that biome layer. ie. enhancing, encouraging microorganisms living in the plant, and in the soil layer. Increasing carbon sequestration, so the plant can uptake it more efficiently. Not only in the soil, but the plant itself. The closer to the plant this is taking place, the more efficient it's going to be. Especially if we can fuel, or supercharge these organisms.

Works a bit like a cross between a candy factory; a distillery; and making yogurt, or cheese. It's a biologically active process.

So the main choices in this vein are;
#1 types (different kinds) of organism
#2 types of fuels (stored energy).
#3 optimized conditions.

IMO, these are of paramount importance going into late flowering because the plant is in a fragile state of full bloom, and any single aspect can knock things out of balance. Having that biosphere intact, and hitting on all cylinders becomes synonymous with overall plant health.

It's like during lights off, all the organisms in there are throwing a big party, (I can sometimes hear them making noise) drinking, multiplying, having a fun time; then when the lights come on again, it's back to work. 😁 Plants really love being sprayed with things that make them thrive. It's almost like a living layer on the buds themselves, it seems.

So that leads me to my next question; what exactly are these microorganism doing on the plant that the plant likes it so well?

Last edited:
Top Bottom