The Borg

• Thread starter cway
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cway

Yup.. After 5 years of never having more than a Gnat Inestation, I have the Borg.. Hardcore..

Bought some no Hot Shot No pest strips... Next Alt is Floramite...

how far out from harvest has anyone used floramite..?

im like 10 dayz away

lilzayne

lilzayne

Yo man...don't use that floramite ever in flower. i try and avoid using it all together even in veg, as it pretty gnarly stuff. I wouldnt spray anything if your only 10days form harvest.
Try and hold the sticky trap inbetween plants and shake them.
For future reference look into using some azatrol...good stuff.

B

bigleek

cut your losses and chop them now empty the place and sterilize everthing

C

cway

Thanks for the Reponses guys...I have some plants that are 10 days away and another batch that is only 3 weeks in... So here is my plan..

Hot SHot no pest strips till I harvest everything then clean out room and sterelize and blast with a Smoke Bomb prior to refilling room with plants..?

Sound like a good idea?

purpleberry

purpleberry

Prepare for war............
Ive had them twice and got ride of them. In flower i just use sm90 and wipe the leaves down by hand every 5-7 days if its hot. once you chop you can clean the room. In veg (some might not like this) i used a miticide that will stop them from reproducing, and also use neem oil or sm90 ever week, clean everything spray everything and they will go away since they cant reproduce. I never use the miticide on anything thats in flower are getting ready to, best to clean most everything out of veg except your mothers you have to keep. Myfreind does sea of green style and I try and tell him he will never get rid of the mites like that, they are always in the flower room. Ive also used the hotshots and they work, but i dont like them in the flower room, that stuff could be toxic.

C

cway

Prepare for war............
Ive had them twice and got ride of them. In flower i just use sm90 and wipe the leaves down by hand every 5-7 days if its hot. once you chop you can clean the room. In veg (some might not like this) i used a miticide that will stop them from reproducing, and also use neem oil or sm90 ever week, clean everything spray everything and they will go away since they cant reproduce. I never use the miticide on anything thats in flower are getting ready to, best to clean most everything out of veg except your mothers you have to keep. Myfreind does sea of green style and I try and tell him he will never get rid of the mites like that, they are always in the flower room. Ive also used the hotshots and they work, but i dont like them in the flower room, that stuff could be toxic.

Thanks for the info man..

But shit i grow in a modified SOG... ANyhow heres the new plan

GEt some sm90 and use it and wipe down all my leaves and walls and soil beds, Put up NO pest strips ( Is it ok to leave in sealed room with buds) and keep cleaning with sm90 every week.. Once I harvest everything I will clean whole room with Bleach and Change out soil and start again with the no pest strips in the room from the get go..

Sound Good?

C

cway

Bro check this out on Avid Pesticide..

Hey doesnt seem like the most credible guy but makes sense..

C

cway

Seems like today when i went to my spot, that the Hot shot killed all those little fuckers off....

Dont want to count my chickens before my eggs hatch, but they might be gone

Shit just did..

mace

mace

I dunno how no pest strips work with current infections, i always thought they were better to treat minor infestations or prevent them.

Personally, if i ever see the fuckers, i get out the pyrethrium and blast all the plants. Stops the little guys in their tracks. At that point i would neem or use the no pest strips.
Pyrethrium can be used up to harvest, basically. It will break down as you dry the plant.

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

Neem oil works great with little critters..now there's this new organic oil called Wipe-Out that I got at the hydro grow store and it kills all bugs in sight. Including powdery mildew. The only thing is that it smells like fish oil..but that goes away soon. Try it!

The Joker

The Joker

I had spider mites in my mother box and I tried everything organic and it all sucked.

I was about to get avid when I found Master Nursery Pest Control Oil. They have a 3 day cycle of egg hatching. I sprayed every 3 days for 9 days and they were gone. Cheap and effective. But on flowering plants I dunno.

I had some on one plant my last grow and didn't find them til harvest. Bombed the room.

D

david98686

I had spider mites for years, tried organics, predators, in the end Floramite was my solution. Only useable in the veg state unfortunately, Avid is easier on the plants but doesn't kill the eggs, pyrethrums don't do much to mites.. +

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Avid has been the only thing that worked for me.Totally eradicated them!The trick is you have to treat every 3 days for 2 weeks to kill the mites cycle....

G

grizz

I would never spray avid on my plants, although I do spray outside all around the grow area with it and spray the inside walls and floors and every crack and cranny with avid. floramite works great in veg for me, the pest strips don't faze the borg in my area for some reason,

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Why wont you use Avid?The No Pest Strips did nothing for me either...

C

cway

well everyone..No more borg... :party0044:

Dont know how but the No pest strips killed off the whole infestation within 48 hours...

Been over a week with no signs of the little fuckers..

Thanks for all the input everyone..

G

grizz

watch them little fuggers close cway, hope like hell your right.

Manic from everything I have read and what I have heard from other growers its really got some strong shit in it, It was reported in cali that a trimmer got pretty sick just from handling the buds, It deffinatly works but it scares me to think about someone croaking or getting sick from something I did.

Top Bottom