The Borg

• Thread starter cway
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cway

watch them little fuggers close cway, hope like hell your right.

its all good bro.. last grow here at this spot and last harvest is like 3 weeks away.... Hope they dont follow me to my new spot.. .. lol.. that would piss me off..

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
watch them little fuggers close cway, hope like hell your right.

Manic from everything I have read and what I have heard from other growers its really got some strong shit in it, It was reported in cali that a trimmer got pretty sick just from handling the buds, It deffinatly works but it scares me to think about someone croaking or getting sick from something I did.

Must be from people spraying Avid during flowering witch is a no no!The Avid has a half life of about 3 weeks, so its strickly for veg.I would never spray my flowers with poison.As you said I would could never do that and sleep at night....

J

Jalisco Kid

Sorry for my short post earlier I was without my pain meds.
It gets me when I read that someone quotes that a product can be used the day before harvest. Those companies assume you are going to wash what you used their product on. Also when you burn herb you change chemicals on the herb from the heat.
Cway the mites have not gotten the name the BORG for nothing. One thing most people do not realize a female will go into hibernation in a heartbeat when the environment is just not right. I grow for sick people so their is no way I could use anything that will really knock out the borg.I have to harvest where I was or make hash out of it. I have only had them once from some clones I believed a serious breeder gave me. Always quarantine new plants and never wear street clothes in your room especially your shoes. I am a firm believer in floramite. I have that and avid in my first aid kit. Even the manufacturer of floramite tells you do not use it twice in a row as the borg will adapt and turn it into food. I would spray/soak all your equipment in floramite before I left your growroom and pack it off to your new place. You have just pissed of those females with those pest strips, they will return when the environment is to their liking. They are the borg. JK

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
It gets me when I read that someone quotes that a product can be used the day before harvest. Those companies assume you are going to wash what you used their product on. Also when you burn herb you change chemicals on the herb from the heat.
Cway the mites have not gotten the name the BORG for nothing. One thing most people do not realize a female will go into hibernation in a heartbeat when the environment is just not right. I grow for sick people so their is no way I could use anything that will really knock out the borg.I have to harvest where I was or make hash out of it. I have only had them once from some clones I believed a serious breeder gave me. Always quarantine new plants and never wear street clothes in your room especially your shoes. I am a firm believer in floramite. I have that and avid in my first aid kit. Even the manufacturer of floramite tells you do not use it twice in a row as the borg will adapt and turn it into food. I would spray/soak all your equipment in floramite before I left your growroom and pack it off to your new place. You have just pissed of those females with those pest strips, they will return when the environment is to their liking. They are the borg. JK

Im glad you mentioned that JK.I use both also.If you only use one they will build a tolerance, and none of us need that....
:fighting0003:

G

greyfx

hotshot pest strips are the best man, I had a bad case of the fungas gnats attack my clone box, maybe it was because the door was always left open but man they multiplied fast, made my plants leaves curl that's about it.

I would shake the cups the clones were in and they would crawl out of the soil like crazy.

F

Fear

F-ck I hate bugs I am taking notes on all this shit to get rid of my thrips. I get goose bumps when I think of these bastards hurting my girls. I love removing leaves and dipping them in bleach water Muhahaha! That name the BORG kills me. LOL

C

cway

man dude you scare me.. fuck those bastards better not follow me.. GUess I need to start being more careful in my grow area.. do they hibernate in the soil? =fuck that means I need to change my soil.. Fuck this soil is so sweet by now.. third cycle in it.. damnit.. Damn you BORG.. DAMN YOU BORG..

Solidopc

Solidopc

I had to shut down my grow for 6 weeks and clean everything down to the nute bottles, ec/ph pens, pots/trays. Ripped down the grow room and cleaned that too with surgical sprit and milton steriasing liquid. Only way i could get rid of them completly.

Best thing i found for really fucking them up is to lower your temps as much as you can. If you can keep it low enough, below 24C lights on, and as cold as possible lighs off, it really slows them down, allmost too a halt, and then the sprays, and sponging the leafs works quite well. But i could never quite get rid of every one of them until i shut down. Now i'm super careful about everything. Keep the growroom as clean as possible and all equipment clean. And i never go into my growroom in clothes i've been wearing out. I have my special jogging bottoms and t shirt for the growroom. Who knows what could of hitched a ride on your clothes on the way home. LOL.

thinman

thinman

another way to reduce their numbers on flowering plants: buy a pair of white gloves from an army or police uniform shop (dress white gloves); white so you can see what you're doing; mix some clear ivory liquid soap or insecticidal soap if you have it; soak gloves in soap solution; put on gloves; now simply rub every leaf you can get at, top and bottom, and the stalk and stems; be gentle; you can monitor your progress by looking at the gloves from time to time. when the gloves get really dirty from the borg filth, take them off and resoak and start again. leave the soapy solution on overnight, rinse with clear water next day. this will reduce the numbers quickly without harming the sweet buds.

if you have webbing going on, wet a Q-tip with water, stick it into the web and roll the Q-tip around in the web like your making cotton candy. you will see the webbing start to gather on the Q-tip. repeat. repeat.

these are the most effective treatments in flower that i know of.

B

Budhog

OK.

I just entered the final phase of borg busting and have been VERY successful. As evolution makes these little fraggers damn near impossible to eradicate, you have to take a "variable attack method". Borgs will become immune to some treatments after just a few applications. So, here is what I did (both right and wrong)that got rid of 99% of them:

Neem: Didn't really work on these guys. I sprayed during lights off. I still got a little leaf burn and it made my room smell like dead fish.

Azamax works really well. It is OMRI approved and eveporates COMPLETELY. Can be used (supposedly - i was too scared in week 6) up to day of harvest.

Doktor Doom This is a must for all growers. CANNOT be used after 3nd week of flowering, imho.

Hot Shot No Pest Strips - Just another gun in the holster

During veg or up to probably 3rd week of flower (just my observation), use a combination of all of these methods above.

I got them during 6th week of flower. Webs and all. At this stage, you are pretty much limited as to your options. The best option I found that late into flowering was a vacuum cleaner. Don't use a high powered shop vac as it will remove too many trichs. Use one of those cheap ass car vacs. You know, the kind that doesn'twork too well on your car :). Anyway, use that to remove the webs/eggs. It draws just hard enough to get the webs and SOME of the eggs, but leaves trichs behind. This option is about as organic as you can get. DO NOT CHOP THEM PREMATURELY. It ain't the end of the world.

After you harvest, hit em with everything above and you wull have a good handle on those mites.

Remember - pest control is a daily chore. It can get outta hand pretty quickly.

buttonpusher

buttonpusher

Hey Everyone,

I am 4weeks into flowering, and used Floamite about 7 days ago. The Borg are back:mad0229: So, I am trying Preditor Mites. 2000 of them cost about $70.00 .They arrived today, so I took out the NO Pest Strips and put about half of them into my current grow. Anyone else tried this method?

BP

T

the Rock

floramite is the only thing that has ever worked to permanently remove the mites I spray in veg if I need it or not. let us know if your predators work= I tried them acouple times and they were a joke, i think if conditions are perfect they may work but not for me. again floramite has worked wonders for me and BTW the no pest strips were a joke also

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Anyone ever try neem oil mixed with hot pepper wax or pepper tea? Kills mites but not the eggs.They don`t get used to it though so if you keep it up every 7-10 days.If you keep em down good until 14 days before harvast they don`t harm quality or yield.When you dry the bud any live ones crawl off anyway! Best thing is not to get them in the first place!

D

darookie2000

Hey Everyone,

I am 4weeks into flowering, and used Floamite about 7 days ago. The Borg are back:mad0229: So, I am trying Preditor Mites. 2000 of them cost about $70.00 .They arrived today, so I took out the NO Pest Strips and put about half of them into my current grow. Anyone else tried this method?

BP

One treatment is not usually enough, you have to hit them with a followup because they lay eggs right before they die (which is why they bounce back). Good luck! I've heard good things about the predator mites, especially if you can lower the temps so that the predators can reproduce faster than the prey.

2broke2smoke

2broke2smoke

I'm to the point of using floramite now on a three prong attack, first i hit with neem oil then 3 days later azamax, and 3 days later im going with the floramite. I figure that should do the job I will do this 2 times.

2b2s

2broke2smoke

2broke2smoke

Well I ended up going and spending the big bux and bought FORBID 4F, also known as JUDO or Oberon depending on which division of Bayer is selling it.

It works by affecting the ability of the mite to control water balance, and they dry out. U also need not spray the bottom of the leaves as it has translaminer action. It is pricey i paid 229.54 for 8 ounce bottle. U mix it 1/8 to 1/4 tsp per gal. I have a lifetime supply of Forbid now lol

2b2s

p.s. it has a 40 day residual effect not to be used in flower

Top Bottom