hiboy

hiboy

Tits set up uc
Love seeing such success with just keeping it simple with ya nutes
Still trying to figure out your water system:wondering
h

N

noWon

The UC works well for Pro's and newbies alike, it is a high performance car, and it may take a lil time to master the road but once you do it is very easy to maintain and thrive.

I think the system you were refering to with the overflow was Jack's and he had to do that for two reasons:
1. His overall length was very long.
2. His plants are f**king huge and have massive roots filling the modules.

Regular root sweeps and the handy filter now included with the UC help prevent back ups. To me it is the gift and the curse, my plants blow up therefore I have to root prune every once in a while. Not a bad trade off!

I am still on the fence about buying one of these systems. They look cool.

But my main concern is roots clogging the pipes.

When you say "his overall length was very long" are you referring to veg time or the total grow time?

Also you state his plants were huge, to me that is the purpose of the system is to grow huge. I believe that is why the xl13 was born with 3" pipes? But I believe that system is flawed as well. I also read somewhere you talked of a PRO system, what is that?

Jack had the right idea with the gravity feed but IMHO the 3" feed tubes should be on the top of the buckets rather than the bottom or both. This would give the roots just a little while longer to figure out the water flow. And if both top and bottom feeds were used, a much longer grow time could be achieved IMO. Also slowing down the speed of water flow might help. but i dunno. I wanna get a system so I can play.

What do you think? Your experience is important to me. Also, sorry to have come across as a newbie before but sometimes it is better to play dumb.

Finally, I wanted to know if you have tried running the system with faucet water or is it always ro water? I prefer ro water as well but my city water eats ro units for breakfast as the water is so bad. Just really wanna know if success has been had with faucet water or no one has gone there?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience

noWon

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

I think it would be beeeyotch having 4 uniseals on each bucket, and then trying to put it together. If you had the pvc at the top, how would you drain the system?

B

Bud Head

I can't imagine running city water in the UC. I am on my first run and have 50ppm well water. I know it's hard to believe, been tested and both my Hannah and echo meters show the same.
If the city water is so harsh that it kills RO systems, do the girls have a chance, of survival? Let us know how that works for U. Good Luck

N

noWon

Chronic Monster, I have no experience with this system building it. I hear it can be a bitch with the uniseals but if it takes 4 seals to prevent clogging. I am on it. Just put a drain at the bottom of each bucket.

Bud Head, why cant you imagine running city water? Whats wrong with 50ppm well water? Confused. The city water is just harsh on the ro membranes and prefilters. I not only run RO, I use de-ionized water which leaves you with pure water. Shit gets very expensive.

UCMENOW, sorry for stirrin up things on your thread as it is not my intention at all.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

"noWon"

"But my main concern is roots clogging the pipes.

When you say "his overall length was very long" are you referring to veg time or the total grow time?"

Those plants were on 50" centers in 8 gallons, with 2" pvc in runs of 8X length (30feet) in total. The plant size (longer vegged plants) relative to container/conduit, plus length of run combined to necessitate an over flo which Jack said was recommended by CC. Seems he realized he needed a larger container than an 8 but they weren't yet available...so he rocked 1-2 lbers out of 8's, what a pimp

"Also you state his plants were huge, to me that is the purpose of the system is to grow huge. I believe that is why the xl13 was born with 3" pipes?"

No overflo was needed when Jack grew in 13's, hence the improvement.

"But I believe that system is flawed as well."

Running the system before assessing it flawed might be a good place to start

"Jack had the right idea with the gravity feed but IMHO the 3" feed tubes should be on the top of the buckets rather than the bottom or both."

No offense, but that statement really under scores how unfamiliar you are with the system design, which is ok. Just get your hands on one and go from there.

"This would give the roots just a little while longer to figure out the water flow. And if both top and bottom feeds were used, a much longer grow time could be achieved IMO."

Check out MPB's, as they incorporate more of a drain back style which might work better for you.

"Also slowing down the speed of water flow might help."

Slowing the flow is a standard technique for maintaining system flow once roots get unruley.

"What do you think? Your experience is important to me. Also, sorry to have come across as a newbie before but sometimes it is better to play dumb."

Newbie u may not be, but unfamiliar with the dynamics of the UC u certainly r. The only way to learn more about the in's and out's of the system is to run one and go from there.

"Finally, I wanted to know if you have tried running the system with faucet water or is it always ro water? I prefer ro water as well but my city water eats ro units for breakfast as the water is so bad. Just really wanna know if success has been had with faucet water or no one has gone there?"

If your water is shit then it's either RO or avoid water culture.....no 2 ways about it. Start with a water test and go from there. As for whether to get the system, I would hold off until your confident you can make it work for you, hope my input helps :bow

N

noWon

Sorry for my choice of words as it came from assumption and sometimes I can be a little baked. Well most of the time LOL

Thanks for your response as well. I hope I didnt upset anyone as it is not my intention. I was just hoping for honest answers from users of the system.

I understand better now what you are saying is Jack's cycle was very long which eventually ran into problems clogging or backup or whatever that issue was.

You are right I need to get my hands on one. I dont know what the mpb's are, but I do know there is something about the under current system that "turns me on" if you will.

And your 100 percent sold on having to run RO water? Not to be a wise guy but why is that?

noWon

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

No worries NoWon, offense taken is zero....ur all good.

If your water is bad enough to foul membranes easily than it's likely full of questionable inputs. Water culture is extra sensitive to water quality, so it's not a matter of grower opinion as much as what the plants tell you.

Only way to know is to run sum water culture and let the learning curve begin ;)

N

noWon

Thanks, I am pretty much sold on the 13 gallon system.

Can you comment where you get that size filtration system? The one I use is only 200gpd and wont work unless I can get a holding tank big enough.

Also I am interested in your UV. Is that to help eliminate pythium?

Thanks for your time and sharing your knowledge my friend. It is much appreciated.

noWon

S

StinkyPete

Premium Member
Supporter
Wow! Quite impressive UC, waited a long time for this thread and you did'nt disappoint. Lookin forward to some more shots from your slice of heaven.

four20 bliss

four20 bliss

Hey so a question regarding your African Kush, I have smoked something sold to me as Nigerian Kush, it was from a very high quality delivery service in NYC. I only say something because to this day I might have to say that the Nigerian Kush is the, in the words of James Franco, 'the dopest dope i ever smoked'. Anywho, just wondering if you knew of that strain being similar to the Nigerian Kush, or the same or that the boys in NYC have no idea what they are talking about.
On another note, been trolling these forums for a few months now and you have always given sound advice, along with all your UC buddies and it sure is great to see such an AWESOME grow setup. Perfectly clean, and done right. Putting your nug on my next letter to Santa, considering that Santa Claus was recently reported to be fake, I doubt I'll be getting any, but worth a shot. Keep up the awesome work.

Your my hero? ~!

M

MediMary

:surprised:joint:

One sick room you got :bow, couldn't find the "egg on my face smiley".

P

phup

I've been lurking on this site for a few years now and have been wondering if you were going to show us your stuff. Beautiful set-up. Do you think you'll be able to achieve similar results with a significant reduction in your plant count?

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

I've been lurking on this site for a few years now and have been wondering if you were going to show us your stuff. Beautiful set-up. Do you think you'll be able to achieve similar results with a significant reduction in your plant count?

I'm optimistic, but only time will tell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom