The 'Chair... Maybe

• Thread starter altitudefarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm impressed with how you got her to stack, even if she isn't the holy grail cut you're looking for. If it's good smoke, that's a valuable cut.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Damn. I had my fingers crossed for ya.

thanks for the show/effort/for spinning "The Wheel"....

I was really counting on you to chime in :-) I never grew her; had no idea what to expect. The search continues; hopefully this will at least be some great smoke.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I'm impressed with how you got her to stack, even if she isn't the holy grail cut you're looking for. If it's good smoke, that's a valuable cut.
Looking forward to 'testing' her; if she's any good, I will probably give her to a patient. She was a breeze to grow; another indication (from Sky High) that she was an imposter, haha. Something that easy, that stacks that well under t5 can't possibly be the quality smoke I'm looking for, but I'll be sure to letcha know! :-)

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Trich 001

Trich 002

Not the crazy mess of long-stemmed trichomes I usually achieve, but I've learned to never judge a book (or a plant) by its cover.

cannabeans

cannabeans

Are the buds dense? From your description, and the way the pictures look, kinda resembles a plant called "Kong".

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I am not sure what to call the cut any more. It is definitely not the Chair I remember. I would say it's a hybrid, though, based on the buzz. It can go either way; the couch-lock only occurs after 6-7 puffs. I can be happy at 3-4 puffs, so it has some potency. I'll post a smoke report tonight if I have time. Super fruity.

Cannabeans, the buds were not super dense, but that I believe was due to flowering under t5 until the plant's final 2 weeks. I am sure this cut would throw nice dense colas under HID lighting. What I'm not sure about is whether I'll keep her or not. With some work, she might be special. I have lots of other things to work on, though. I ended up with about 50 seeds of this cut crossed with my Kushdee male. They would be very interesting to run. Someday maybe someone will get around to it.

Dynamite

Dynamite

wheelchair we had in Portland OR was G13 X NL#5 , my uncle spread the pheno .. been lost for many years , but was well known and well circulated in the 90's .. piney spicy herb , lots of frost , grew very indica dominant , fast finisher , grow room would turn gold at day 60 , at the time we knew that meant done , but not why , because of the trich's ! LoL

good luck on the hunt !!

edit: the first 20mins of the high were straight "shut-up" herb , people didn't say much , after 20min's the high relaxed into a very pleasurable couple hours .. not sure if it matches the profile of what your chasing , but just a description of the one we had

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

wheelchair we had in Portland OR was G13 X NL#5 , my uncle spread the pheno .. been lost for many years , but was well known and well circulated in the 90's .. piney spicy herb , lots of frost , grew very indica dominant , fast finisher , grow room would turn gold at day 60 , at the time we knew that meant done , but not why , because of the trich's ! LoL

good luck on the hunt !!

edit: the first 20mins of the high were straight "shut-up" herb , people didn't say much , after 20min's the high relaxed into a very pleasurable couple hours .. not sure if it matches the profile of what your chasing , but just a description of the one we had

That has got to be the Chair I've been looking for. Described to a T what I remember, and that lineage is not surprising. I'd still give my eye teeth for that cut. Give your uncle big thanks from a guy who really enjoyed his work! If you come across any info on the original Chair, please holler!
Thanks for dropping in and shedding some light on the subject.

sky high

sky high

Interesting. The cut I held for 15 years ('91-2005) was sourced from the Boulder/Ned area. I was told at the time i got her she was M-39 (SSSC) Skunk #1 X Basic 5.

description from here:
Some of the strains mentioned above were also sold under the flag of the Super Sativa Seeds Company carrying different names. Some might remember the M39, which was made up of a strain called Basic 5 and Skunk #1. The Basic 5 was apparently Northern Lights #5, which means that this hybrid was similar to the Shiva Skunk offered at the Seed Bank, now known as Sensi Seeds. The Brothers Grimm also offered their version of the Aurora Borealis but it has since disappeared from the market

Either way...whatever it was...i echo altitude's sentiments and tip my hat to whomever found her...and more so....those who spread her. My cut never yielded much....so i did hundreds of them at a time..LOL. Sure wish I could grow her now...with all the equipment and toys of today and see where she'd go.

I KNOW where she'd take me....if I could just get a ride again. LOL.

thanks for the show, alt...and for the info Dynamite

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Hey guys, I have finally found the Chair!!!!
This cut has been held for a bit by some guys in the area, and I recently was gifted a cut. I've already sampled the flowers; this cut is almost exactly what I remember from the late 90s. So, I have this plant that is about to get cloned and transplanted. I get 'em burly in 1-gallon pots...lol

pic shortly

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Some say there is Skunk in the lineage, depending on what story to which you choose to believe. There's also the possibility that there was more than one "wheelchair" strain. Given the name; that would not really surprise me.
I will journal my first bloom session with this cut, so in the end there will be something to discuss...

Top Bottom