The Cold Garden

• Thread starter coldgarden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

coldgarden

Grow Area- 11 meters sq. ( appx. 120 ft. sq.)

2x 600w HPS

3x 40x 4 foot cwf

mylar

soil

57 seeds

Schwagg (genetics unknown, perhaps N. Mexican sativa

Okay, this is my second grow. I am starting with seeds now. I will switch to clones when they get big enough. I have never worked with clones before, and am excited to try my hand. Since this is only my second grow, I am using schwagg seeds until I work out the kinks and can move to better genetics. I must admit, I have seven already started. The first true leaves have just shown. I dicided to add more. I just starting germinating the other 50 seeds today. I hope the time descrepency will not harm, since it has only been about a week since the first seven germinated. I have kept the seeds frozen for almost 2 years. I don't know who is interested, but I will keep updating, and have pics as soon as they start looking okay. The first grow turned out really well, so I hope I have some talent. I have chosen to keep this diary in hopes that it will be a learning experience for me and others. This is also the first time I have used HID's. My first was done mostly outdoors with supplemental lighting inside since I started late in the season. I am using a plate with papertowels and tepid water for germination. I check to see if the water is cold often, and put more tepid water on them. I will allow water to stand in the plate for the first 24 hours, then I will drain the water from the plate and use only the water the towels are holding until the root appears. I use soil, and yes, I use chemical fertilizers. I would like to move to hydroponics and organics after I get some more experience. For now, chemical fertilizers seem to be the best choice for now. When cloning for sex, I hope to get 25-30 healthy females. I will also experiment with mother plants. After this harvest I cannot wait to move to better genetics from the auction. I will update soon. Happy growing!

Latest posts

Top Bottom