The Curing Poll - How long do YOU Cure?

• Thread starter ReelBusy1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

How long do you cure your buds?:

• Cure it? I smoke it right off the stalk....

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • 1 Week - no Dilly-Dallying here....

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • 2 Weeks - I have bills to pay....

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • 3-4 weeks - I'm a pro bitch....

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • 45 Days - Major League cure for Major League taste

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • 60 Days - Patience Grasshopper, we're going Zen on your ass.....

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • 90 days or more - I am an ganja artist, leave me alone!

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • It's never done. I just sit here and stare at the jars all days.....

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
R

ReelBusy1

How long do you cure your buds after harvest?
Paperbags?
Glass jars?
Burping frequencies?
Vote and then Talk it out....

S

Sirius

I do a quick compression cure (reynolds handy vac) for 24 hrs after the nugz have dried completely... check for moisture then reseal and suck all the air out again... then they sit in bags for a month and when they come out... they get smoked..

L

l33t

I cure for a month for the buds to become smokable and ideally cure the stash for 3 months minimum for a perfect tasting product. A six month cure will improve the taste for certain strains like some sativas but 2-3 months is fine for most plants as long as they were harvested after they were left to yellow a bit / consume the N in the fan leaves.

I use glass jars , first weeks I open the jars every day or so but after that I go slowly and open them once a week or so. BTW a slow drying process is very important as well.

R

ReelBusy1

I cure for a month for the buds to become smokable and ideally cure the stash for 3 months minimum for a perfect tasting product. A six month cure will improve the taste for certain strains like some sativas but 2-3 months is fine for most plants as long as they were harvested after they were left to yellow a bit / consume the N in the fan leaves.

I use glass jars , first weeks I open the jars every day or so but after that I go slowly and open them once a week or so. BTW a slow drying process is very important as well.

that's from a farmer who knows kids....

TortureKill

TortureKill

I like to keep a personal stash of the best outdoor nuggets and cure them til the holidays. Bust a nice nug out for thanksgiving and by christmas and newyears the organic herb gets quite tasty

D

draksensi

10 -14 days to dry, then into jars and 3to4 weeks( stash depending) to cure burping every day for at least 2 weeks then every other day. But if stash low then only cure for 14 days as needs must!:D

F

FastForward

"Cure it? I smoke it off the stalk" - that's me generally...

I do what I call a "rolling cure", which means I smoke it out the jar as it cures :)

Venom818

Venom818

I like to cure as long as possible I do get so taste in to c where they are at but ive noticed some strains got alot better after 2 to 3 mo of curing they smoked and tasted to perfection

R

Rolln J

"Cure it? I smoke it off the stalk" - that's me generally...

I do what I call a "rolling cure", which means I smoke it out the jar as it cures :)

yeah no kidding. its nice to see the progression too

S

seventhchild

Hang dry for 10-12 days then into 2 1/2 gal jars lying on their side, rotate 1/4 turn and burp daily for 1 hour until stable[1-2 weeks depending on density of bud],stand up jars and burp weekly until finished [4-8 weeks].then it's into 40* freezer for stash[smaller jars] or 1 gal zip-locs for my "Friends"

L

livinglegend

30 days max to be honest.
2-3 weeks is cool with me. my buds taste wonderful, and the smoke is where i want it, heavy. so F it, run with it right?

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

I like to dry for 5-7 days when the buds are mostly dried on the outside and just a little moist on the inside. Then I manicure the buds into a glass mason jar, burp once a day for an hour, then leave for a week to cure.

Then I smoke it it gradually and love how it just turns fruitier and sweeter as time goes on. I just can't wait too long..the high is the same at least.

R

redroot

lol. i hang for 10-12 days. depends on size of buds. then i lay in cardboard boxes for 3 days. then all gets cured for 4months. some strains. can take half that too taste at there best.

M

Mother Chucker

I usually cure between 30-60 dyas.
Mother says patience is a virtue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom