'the Drug Whisperer' Coming To A State Near You

• Thread starter LocalGrowGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Drunk driving arrests are down sharply after decades of aggressive enforcement while drugged driving arrests are climbing. That’s why Georgia has more than 250 officers with special 'Drug Recognition Expert' training. But the 11Alive Investigators discovered those 'experts' sometimes put innocent people behind bars.

---
Officer Carroll: "You're giving me indicators that you have consumed marijuana, okay? So at this time, I believe that your failure to maintain lane was the reason for that -- so you're being placed under arrest for DUI, okay?"

The prosecutor filed a dismissal of the DUI-drug charge five months later: "Defendant performed well on FSEs (Field Sobriety Evaluations) and blood and urine were negative."

Three DUI drug arrests -- Three clean toxicology screenings -- One police officer: Cobb County Police Officer T.T. Carroll.

---

The DRE Evaluation involves a dozen observations that allow officers not only to pronounce a driver is on drugs, but to identify which of seven types of drugs are in their system.
---

Katelyn Ebner: "Sir, I can promise you, I have never -- please -- I have never smoked marijuana."
Officer Carroll: "Okay. Well, ma'am, you're giving me indicators -- several, several indicators -- that you have, okay?"
Katelyn Ebner: "Okay, so when I do a drug test, I'll be free to go, correct?"
Officer Carroll: "You're going to jail, ma'am. Okay? I don't have a magical drug test that I can give you right now."

"But he just did the 'magical drug test' that resulted in your arrest," Keefe said.
"Yes," Ebener said. "They're ruining people's lives."

Katelyn Ebner filed an Internal Affairs complaint against Officer Carroll.

Cobb County Investigators exonerated the officer and doubted Ebner's innocence, insisting, 'the marijuana could have already metabolized out of the blood.'

"When you brought up that you had a clean blood test when complaining to Internal Affairs, their answer was what?" Keefe asked.

"They said, 'Yeah, we see this happen all the time. Um, the test results come back wrong all the time,'" she said.

"So the test results were wrong?" Keefe asked.

"Yeah, that's what they said," Ebner replied. "The test results were wrong, and also, if I had a urine test, it would have come back positive for drugs."

But Katelyn got her own urine test the same week as her arrest -- scanning for any metabolites that would still be in her system. The urine test was also negative for marijuana -- or other drugs.

"This training is so powerful, that they believe they can detect drugs that a blood test will not detect," Keefe said. "Is that surprising to you?"

"That's extremely surprising," Princess Mbamara replied. "That's extremely surprising -- because this is my life that they're playing with."

Last week, Cobb County's DUI Task Force was awarded a trophy by Mothers Against Drunk Driving, and Officer Carroll was given a Silver Medal for 90 DUI arrests during 2016.

Dan789

Dan789

More of the "don't bother me with the facts I've already made up my mind" bullshit.
I've seen more cars with mad stickers with their operators driving-talking on the phone and stuffing food in their pie hole with five kids in the car, very responsible, Not.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Drunk driving arrests are down sharply after decades of aggressive enforcement while drugged driving arrests are climbing. That’s why Georgia has more than 250 officers with special 'Drug Recognition Expert' training. But the 11Alive Investigators discovered those 'experts' sometimes put innocent people behind bars.

---
Officer Carroll: "You're giving me indicators that you have consumed marijuana, okay? So at this time, I believe that your failure to maintain lane was the reason for that -- so you're being placed under arrest for DUI, okay?"

The prosecutor filed a dismissal of the DUI-drug charge five months later: "Defendant performed well on FSEs (Field Sobriety Evaluations) and blood and urine were negative."

Three DUI drug arrests -- Three clean toxicology screenings -- One police officer: Cobb County Police Officer T.T. Carroll.
---
The DRE Evaluation involves a dozen observations that allow officers not only to pronounce a driver is on drugs, but to identify which of seven types of drugs are in their system.
---

Katelyn Ebner: "Sir, I can promise you, I have never -- please -- I have never smoked marijuana."
Officer Carroll: "Okay. Well, ma'am, you're giving me indicators -- several, several indicators -- that you have, okay?"
Katelyn Ebner: "Okay, so when I do a drug test, I'll be free to go, correct?"
Officer Carroll: "You're going to jail, ma'am. Okay? I don't have a magical drug test that I can give you right now."
"But he just did the 'magical drug test' that resulted in your arrest," Keefe said.
"Yes," Ebener said. "They're ruining people's lives."

Katelyn Ebner filed an Internal Affairs complaint against Officer Carroll.

Cobb County Investigators exonerated the officer and doubted Ebner's innocence, insisting, 'the marijuana could have already metabolized out of the blood.'

"When you brought up that you had a clean blood test when complaining to Internal Affairs, their answer was what?" Keefe asked.

"They said, 'Yeah, we see this happen all the time. Um, the test results come back wrong all the time,'" she said.

"So the test results were wrong?" Keefe asked.

"Yeah, that's what they said," Ebner replied. "The test results were wrong, and also, if I had a urine test, it would have come back positive for drugs."

But Katelyn got her own urine test the same week as her arrest -- scanning for any metabolites that would still be in her system. The urine test was also negative for marijuana -- or other drugs.

"This training is so powerful, that they believe they can detect drugs that a blood test will not detect," Keefe said. "Is that surprising to you?"

"That's extremely surprising," Princess Mbamara replied. "That's extremely surprising -- because this is my life that they're playing with."

Last week, Cobb County's DUI Task Force was awarded a trophy by Mothers Against Drunk Driving, and Officer Carroll was given a Silver Medal for 90 DUI arrests during 2016.
Gotta love the oinkers.... just think.. in 10 years itll be illegal to blink or chew gum(granted gum will be legal but you still can go to jail for it). Gotta make more bs laws to keep these idiots employed. I say we just get rid of industry and education and just make everyone either a cop or an inmate!!! Murika!!!!

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

More of the "don't bother me with the facts I've already made up my mind" bullshit.
I've seen more cars with mad stickers with their operators driving-talking on the phone and stuffing food in their pie hole with five kids in the car, very responsible, Not.
Madd doesn't want to share the headlines on impaired driving.
Study on drug-impaired driving gets pushback — from other safety advocates
A report suggesting that drivers killed in crashes are more likely to be on drugs than drunk is getting pushback from a surprising direction — other traffic-safety advocates.

A week after a report suggesting that drug-impaired driving is moving to the fore of concerns in traffic safety, Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) jumped in Monday to express concern that the report could lead the public to believe the country has turned the corner on drunk driving. There is still much work to do, MADD officials said.

There is no way you can say drugs have overtaken alcohol as the biggest killer on the highway,” J.T. Griffin, chief government affairs officer at MADD, said Monday. “The data is not anywhere close to being in a way that would suggest that … We’re doing a lot of good things on drunk driving, but the public needs to understand this problem is not solved.”

MADD officials also questioned the methodology of the research in the report, noting that there is no scientifically agreed level of impairment with drugs such as marijuana. There is also no uniform test, roadside or otherwise, to determine such a level.

ha ha ha

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Gotta love the oinkers.... just think.. in 10 years itll be illegal to blink or chew gum(granted gum will be legal but you still can go to jail for it). Gotta make more bs laws to keep these idiots employed. I say we just get rid of industry and education and just make everyone either a cop or an inmate!!! Murika!!!!
We are almost there........... :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom