the effect of phenotype on terrepenoids

• Thread starter elzatal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
elzatal

elzatal

I want grow a purple kush or any strain rich in linalool for its relaxant effect and am doing study in future to make some pills I have some bleending of strain I want to experiment , I read some books mainly cannabis pharmacy and I get confused about something because I dont know about breeding , if every breeders have its own genotype and cannabinoid and terpennoids are phenotype depends the environement when plant cultivated , how to be sure to plant a purple kush and allways the linalool is dominant example because the odor change depends the phenotype and the terrepenoids are the plant odor , sorry for newbie question just I need some clearance

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Unfortunately unless the strain is fully stabilized to grow homogenous plants from the seeds each plant will be a bit different likely. You have to keep clones of your flowering plants so you can keep the right one for you once you have finished flowering them.

elzatal

elzatal

example of lavender kush its name lavender so the terpenes that is dominant is linalool it is possible if growing it in different environement will have limonene as dominant terpenes , its bit confusing , or if both from different breeders who have stable strains it could change the terpenes profil also , if its that case how people who use cannabis for medical purpose do if every phenotype change the cannabinoid and terpenes profil

elzatal

elzatal

Unfortunately unless the strain is fully stabilized to grow homogenous plants from the seeds each plant will be a bit different likely. You have to keep clones of your flowering plants so you can keep the right one for you once you have finished flowering them.
sorry i need to edit or change the question mate its not so clear i think

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

sorry i need to edit or change the question mate its not so clear i think

maybe you dont like the answer. I am telling you you have to grow many plants in your own environment and wait to see how they come out. Then grow the clone from the plant you pick as your medicine. This is known as a mother plant.

elzatal

elzatal

maybe you dont like the answer. I am telling you you have to grow many plants in your own environment and wait to see how they come out. Then grow the clone from the plant you pick as your medicine. This is known as a mother plant.
if example I grow a hindu kush plant with the right hindu kush mountain climate it will be near the terpenes profil that is metioned , myrcene will be dominant , or growing a sativa in infica climate it could survive and have different cannabinoids and terppenoids ?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

if example I grow a hindu kush plant with the right hindu kush mountain climate it will be near the terpenes profil that is metioned , myrcene will be dominant , or growing a sativa in infica climate it could survive and have different cannabinoids and terppenoids ?

the answer is still only maybe.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

but about the clonage you have right you convinced me you try the effect with your self and the plant that have the effect that you are looking for keep their clones and plant many of it ?

yes that is how you get a crop of the meds you desire.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Don't worry about any climate but the one you grow in.

Grow out a bunch of seeds from a likely strain for the effects you want and take a cutting of each and root it. When you flower the plants, harvest, dry and cure. Which plant or plants are best? Keep them and throw the rest away. Grow using clones from the good ones.

Many of us are ALWAYS looking for something new and special. (And by "many," I mean me and I assume everyone else is like me.) So we grow clones of our favorites along with plants from seed.

elzatal

elzatal

Don't worry about any climate but the one you grow in.

Grow out a bunch of seeds from a likely strain for the effects you want and take a cutting of each and root it. When you flower the plants, harvest, dry and cure. Which plant or plants are best? Keep them and throw the rest away. Grow using clones from the good ones.

Many of us are ALWAYS looking for something new and special. (And by "many," I mean me and I assume everyone else is like me.) So we grow clones of our favorites along with plants from seed.
ill do it that way thanks a lot !

Top Bottom