The effects of GABA in cannabis plants

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Frankster's stoned version... dubbed verson.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I want to make a clay or stone structure; I really think the ancients had better ways of doing things; than what where doing now. Head starting to ache from the music; probably time for some rest. Your brain can only handle so much bubba; then we either stay imbalanced; or we press the reset button.

Or simply perish in ignorance. ie. we create our own cages in life, then become a slave to it.

Last edited:
GYOweed

GYOweed

I want to make a clay or stone structure; I really think the ancients had better ways of doing things; than what where doing now. Head starting to ache from the music; probably time for some rest. Your brain can only handle so much bubba; then we either stay imbalanced; or we press the reset button.

Or simply perish in ignorance. ie. we create our own cages in life, then become a slave to it.

I see your testing the effects of GABA.
I put a gram under my tongue once it seemed relaxing but could be placebo as it's kinda sweet tasting. Ill have to try it again.

bibbles

bibbles

Can cause severe burns; blindness and respiratory problems. ie. severe chemical burning of the lungs....

...Fucking bomb brother; I bought another pound of GABA and some other simple amine's also; been working them all; plugging in many different sour and sweet flavors. It certainly is a viable solution.
Did you consider acetylsalicylic acid? Regular SA is more than soluble enough for direct mixing, but in terms of a stock solution it's probably a solid alternative, cheap too.
What concentration of GABA did you end up using?

bibbles

bibbles

I put a gram under my tongue once it seemed relaxing but could be placebo as it's kinda sweet tasting. Ill have to try it again.
GABA can't cross the blood-brain barrier alone, it has to be bonded with niacin, and the only way you're gonna get that is a grey market Russian import, which... probably isn't the best plan these days; however, you might find 5-HTP interesting, unlike tryptophan it's immediately converted into serotonin, which in turn is converted into melatonin at night (yes, blue light filters actually do something). Might take the edge off the lack of smoke. Good luck with the job.
>dihydrogen monoxide
Bruh.

GYOweed

GYOweed

GABA can't cross the blood-brain barrier alone, it has to be bonded with niacin, and the only way you're gonna get that is a grey market Russian import, which... probably isn't the best plan these days; however, you might find 5-HTP interesting, unlike tryptophan it's immediately converted into serotonin, which in turn is converted into melatonin at night (yes, blue light filters actually do something). Might take the edge off the lack of smoke. Good luck with the job.
>dihydrogen monoxide
Bruh.
12ppm GABA mixed with SA for plants per study. Niacin is vitamin b right? Plants dont seem to need anything and gaba can be digested by humans.
Lol yea that's h2o for the cnn viewers. Speaking of, it's not a problem as sanctions are bs and i have nothing against Russia. I had enough of lies and propoganda.

GYOweed

GYOweed

Did you consider acetylsalicylic acid? Regular SA is more than soluble enough for direct mixing, but in terms of a stock solution it's probably a solid alternative, cheap too.
Pure Salycilic acid doesn't dissolve in water. You can dissolve it with certain bases or iso if know what u dong like basic reading of chemistry.
Asprin is not used in any real studies just granma blogs.
GABA solicits a similar response to SA triggers different terps. Dont tell the clowns at shmud factor$ that u know they charge 20bux for 2 cents worth of chemicals.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Read a study on the effects of SA on pepper, seemed promising for high/harsh irradiance settings. Though there's no guarantee on Cannabis but man plant species show similar responses.
This one:

@Frankster
how did you run your UV-B lamp? This can also create lots of harm in terms of destroying chlorophylls and whatnot....

You may find this also interesting:

Cheers ;)

GYOweed

GYOweed

Read a study on the effects of SA on pepper, seemed promising for high/harsh irradiance settings. Though there's no guarantee on Cannabis but man plant species show similar responses.
This one:

@Frankster
how did you run your UV-B lamp? This can also create lots of harm in terms of destroying chlorophylls and whatnot....

You may find this also interesting:

Cheers ;)
Learn to convert mol/L to ppm then u know what the studies use for ppm.
There is a study for bap, IAA, NAA, Ethephon, Salicylic acid (thc and cbd tested plants), and GABA.
All of these should be stopped by mid flower except ethephon maybe and gaba is such low ppm it seems safe enough to test. Many of these have synergy but many dont work will together like IAA and Triacanatol per tests i cant find now.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

This is the one I use in that vein. Not for the weak of heart. It's a nightmare to work with around, as it will peel your face down to the bone, blind or kill you. ☢️⚠️☠️ Plus it needs a carrier, because SA is not water soluble. This acid is prone to particulate in air, so I don't use it often. Sometimes will mix up a batch in early flower, if I have a few drifting though. It sits on the biohazard shelf w/lid tight.

Covering arms/eyes/cloth face covering is mandatory.
Put into 2 tbsp veg glycerin, then solubilized in aqueous. ---->1000 ml h20 then pH balance.

As for ppm, I don't have much idea's, I've been using "a little" because it's exceptionally acidic in vitro, the plants have limitations. Small enough it not kill da plants. Certainly not 5000 ppm, more like 5000 ppb (billion) = (0.5)ppm Maybe 1/32->1/64 tsp (tiny, tiny pinch) per liter, (do not use your fingers) 🤣 and requires rebalancing. And that often has to be diluted further.

No question it increases the bud setting process, but so do a few different ways, it seems. (ie. humic/fluvics) Bottom line, It works, but it's certainly not my favorite chemical to work with. My skin burns just looking at that bottle, lol.

face peel anyone? 👀 Salicylic acid is in many wash-off and leave-on products in concentrations between 0.5% to 2%. Salicylic acid breaks the bonds that hold the cells together
View attachment 1163790View attachment 1163791.

I think that is in willow trees,if you cut willow branches into pieces then add water and use it for clones it is said to promote rooting

bibbles

bibbles

12ppm GABA mixed with SA for plants per study. Niacin is vitamin b right? Plants dont seem to need anything and gaba can be digested by humans.
Lol yea that's h2o for the cnn viewers. Speaking of, it's not a problem as sanctions are bs and i have nothing against Russia. I had enough of lies and propoganda.
Plants don't need niacin to process GABA, but GABA cannot pass through the blood-brain barrier in humans without it, which doesn't mean that it's useless, but it does mean that the things GABA does in the brain are irrelevant to supplementation; however, it does do stuff in the rest of the body, and perhaps one might argue that if it's already there, the brain will keep more for itself, but this seems unlikely.
It's just tell me you watch Tim without telling me, lol. :P

Pure Salycilic acid doesn't dissolve in water. You can dissolve it with certain bases or iso if know what u dong like basic reading of chemistry.
GABA solicits a similar response to SA triggers different terps. Dont tell the clowns at shmud factor$ that u know they charge 20bux for 2 cents worth of chemicals.
It's water soluble, it's just not very water soluble, but you can get like a 0.2% solution at room temperature, IIRC?
There are multiple ag studies which compare the effects of salicylic acid and acetylsalicylic acid on various crops, virtually no difference; however, we're talking about 100% acetylsalicylic acid powder, not aspirin tablets.
BFX is (was?) salicylic acid and chitosan, not GABA.

GYOweed

GYOweed

Plants don't need niacin to process GABA, but GABA cannot pass through the blood-brain barrier in humans without it, which doesn't mean that it's useless, but it does mean that the things GABA does in the brain are irrelevant to supplementation; however, it does do stuff in the rest of the body, and perhaps one might argue that if it's already there, the brain will keep more for itself, but this seems unlikely.

It's water soluble, it's just not very water soluble, but you can get like a 0.2% solution at room temperature, IIRC?
There are multiple ag studies which compare the effects of salicylic acid and acetylsalicylic acid on various crops, virtually no difference; however, we're talking about 100% acetylsalicylic acid powder, not aspirin tablets.
Right I use Tidal for chitosan and citric good stuff, yes BudFx is those and some say harpin which i buy separate barely use it.
Good to know about aspirin thanks good SA is so cheap ill never care about using a ton outdoors every few weeks drench and foliar.
If i may, so there's a few immuneboosters (many we mentioned), and triggers IMO from patterns in my experiments and studies ill list:
Simulate:
bacterial attack...
fungal
wind/animal
inspect
UV sun burn
Ozone/chemical

Did I miss any or "myth" any? ;)

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

BFX is (was?) salicylic acid and chitosan

Some old growers say acetylsalicylic acid causes hermies,at one time it was claimed to do that to make selfed seeds

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yea; I usually eat like 1/4 tsp at a time; very therapeutic; and healing for the tissues in your mouth and throat bubba.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
99.9% pure pharma grade

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
>dihydrogen monoxide
Bruh.
Yea; I throw in multi B's occasionally; and been experimenting with B5 also; but keep in mind the organisms and plants can synthesize these molecules as well.

Bacteroides fragilis and Prevotella copri (Bacteroidetes); Ruminococcus lactaris, Clostridium difficile (Firmicutes); Bifidobacterium infantis (Actinobacteria); Helicobacter pylori (Proteobacteria); and Fusobacterium varium (Fusobacteria) possess a vitamin B3 biosynthesis pathway

On an interesting note; Only a limited number of bacteria are known to produce vitamin B12, three of which— Pseudomonas denitrificans , Bacillus megaterium , and Propionibacterium freudenreichii —are used for commercial production. This is the type of B vitamin that we cannot produce ourselves; and rely solely upon our symbionts to manufacture in human tissues.....

Keep in mind these compounds are bioactive in our very skins.... ie sensitive and reactive to light; and energy. Highly energy sensitive and guide things like hormonal responses... it's a very intricate process at work here.

all life is interrelated; and there is no good; or bad; or evil even.... it's symbiose; or it's pathogenetic... ie. out of balance.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yes; I use either 100% pure glycerin; then into water; or could use the tween 20 probably; although I haven't used that one... It needs a proper surfactant added in so it can bridge the water into a homogeneous suspension; or something as near to that; as possible...

The bugs can also slowly digest the acids; but if your spraying.... you need the chemistry of it.

Watch your ppm; but don't go too light either; you want a firm stressor. 😁

Also; fresh cut soaked willow branches work everyone; always remember this.... use the resulting waters.... it's the most natural sources of this materials... can be done easily; just needs to be regulated. might need to scale the ppms up if your using meters; cause it will surely different....

Or you could just test it by sticking some in your nose or up your kazoo's... 😉 🤙 feel the burn...🔥🔥🔥

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
So here is the mixture today; and sometimes I use the liquid type multi B's but this time it's the solids; they will dissolve just fine; but it's always the last of the ingredients..... everything in correct order... the enzymes.... the gaba; then B's... then it's done...

Shake....
PXL 20220418 001525281

900+ ppms... 3 gallons... stronger nutrients + medicine for the plants all at half the strength of 2000 ppms.... but MORE STABLE; AND BETTER. exactly more precise; and can be titrated to every cultivar; and dialed.... maybe 90%+ efficient is my estimation; and requires only minimal non-organics.... so like a broth; and it can be scaled...

PXL 20220418 001935859
PXL 20220418 001941116

I've got this down finally; not just this one formulation feeding; but an entire regime from beginning to end stages; w/various ratios. spray's foliar and whatnot... I think I can grow outside and fully control the bugs or pathogens now; it's within my grasp finally... I understand how to keep it balanced. This is like the tip of the spear; IMO; proper formulations cuts a whole lot deeper into the DNA>RNA>Protein pathways as they unfurl themselves.... as you get into the specifics of the timelines... ect; light regimes; and other environmental precursors.

ie. endless opportunities.... for optimization; or tweaking this or that... depending on the resources available at any given moment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom