The First Coco Grow of Many (Hopefully)

• Thread starter iTurniGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

I'm gonna up feed to 600ppm. That's massive included also. Think it'll be decent ? Upped lights to 40k lux also. Hitting them hard.

@Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Update :-).
Kicking ass brother but some concerns here.

That wetness on the leaves if lasts for 2-3 days can be exactly how you end up with pm even when humidity is good.

Hkw was it caused? It was from leaves stacking (by that I mean laying on eachother) leaves transpire from the bottom side, exchanging gases and releasing water vapor. When a leaf is partially laying on another the water vapor released will condensate and pool on the bottom leaf.

This is where pruning comes in and is plant specific.

So you always remove the biggest oldest leaves when pruning. In order how I suggest doing so.

1. Biggest oldest leaves that are close to or are touching or resting on other leaves.

2. Biggest oldest fan leaves at the bottom or growing into the middle of the plant not getting light.

3. Biggest oldest fan leaves shading new more photosynthetically efficient growth.

Remember you don't want to remove growth that allows light to be wasted by passing through the plant so this can be done as you go on a regular bases especially in coco with such fast growth they don't miss a beat.

Tip: when plants are young direct airflow is a problem and as they grow an oscillating fan that has intermittent direct air flow can help ensure leaf stacking is less of an issue by wiggling thw leaves around to reduce or eliminate condensate.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Kicking ass brother but some concerns here.

That wetness on the leaves if lasts for 2-3 days can be exactly how you end up with pm even when humidity is good.

Hkw was it caused? It was from leaves stacking (by that I mean laying on eachother) leaves transpire from the bottom side, exchanging gases and releasing water vapor. When a leaf is partially laying on another the water vapor released will condensate and pool on the bottom leaf.

This is where pruning comes in and is plant specific.

So you always remove the biggest oldest leaves when pruning. In order how I suggest doing so.

1. Biggest oldest leaves that are close to or are touching or resting on other leaves.

2. Biggest oldest fan leaves at the bottom or growing into the middle of the plant not getting light.

3. Biggest oldest fan leaves shading new more photosynthetically efficient growth.

Remember you don't want to remove growth that allows light to be wasted by passing through the plant so this can be done as you go on a regular bases especially in coco with such fast growth they don't miss a beat.

Tip: when plants are young direct airflow is a problem and as they grow an oscillating fan that has intermittent direct air flow can help ensure leaf stacking is less of an issue by wiggling thw leaves around to reduce or eliminate condensate.

Understood. Its a first time seeing it. I'll remove as many low ones as possible, removed quite a few tonight.

Hopefully don't end up with PM.. humidity has been high recently though.. told my friend to try keep ontop of it and not let it get so high

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Understood. Its a first time seeing it. I'll remove as many low ones as possible, removed quite a few tonight.

Hopefully don't end up with PM.. humidity has been high recently though.. told my friend to try keep ontop of it and not let it get so high
Humidity is not to much of a concern with good airflow... thats an absolute must and pruning is part of that... good idead to move leaves around daily and look for condensate on leaves. If any if found remove the largest oldest of the 2 leaves involved.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Are you having any problems with that type of bubbler system? I have a few but the green type and they clog up a lot.
Just curious what nutrients or additives you running with and using any enzymes periodically?

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Update :-)
I was talking during it but the file was too large to be uploaded so here's 1.5x speed video with no talking.. you can probably imagine what I was saying with the sizes etc

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Update with talking in video this time.

Binned 5 plants, there was just no space for them. They were tiny anyway.
Really nice bud, happy to see you pruned them up and thinned things out a bit.
One way to drop humidity is pull some big leaves for sure.

Cool to see folks growing full term in the 1 gal pots. I was super impressed with the growth I got in such a small pot. There was a few doubters on here when I first ran a show that way but they were swiftly silenced. Lol

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Really nice bud, happy to see you pruned them up and thinned things out a bit.
One way to drop humidity is pull some big leaves for sure.

Cool to see folks growing full term in the 1 gal pots. I was super impressed with the growth I got in such a small pot. There was a few doubters on here when I first ran a show that way but they were swiftly silenced. Lol

Love 1 gals so far but we're gonna do 6 and 6 plants next time - in 2 gallons with 70/30 - based on aquas recommendation. I'm definitely impressed with Coco. Also since I started using mega crop in the soil grow we have.. well, it's just turning out amazing. Yeah I can imagine, been learning from aqua on waterings etc. Can't believe how easy Coco is. Soil was harder (because of the crap feed we were using).

I'll do an update within the next few days on the Coco and Soil.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Right on, 2 gal 70/30 is perfect for slightly bigger plants for sure. And you can't really go wrong with simple nutrients. I had a problem getting megacrop V3 to dissolve properly, but most people seem to have good success with it.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Right on, 2 gal 70/30 is perfect for slightly bigger plants for sure. And you can't really go wrong with simple nutrients. I had a problem getting megacrop V3 to dissolve properly, but most people seem to have good success with it.

Think we're part 1, will have to check. ours dissolves okay. I mean there's little bits here and there but it's not that bad, not noticed any negative watering issues with it ( I know some people get clogging issues etc )

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Update time :-).
They are just exploding day by day.. it's unreal.

I've not added Epsom salts at all yet. Just mailed aqua for his advice. Does it matter which brand you guys use for these salts ? Had a look on Amazon. Loads of different ones. Hit me up.

Top Bottom