The First Coco Grow of Many (Hopefully)

• Thread starter iTurniGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Does kinda look like a male pod. Do you have any better pics of it still on the plant?

I thought that it could be or that it was forming calaxys or whatever they're called maybe early stage calyx ?
I'll try get better pics soon . Seems odd.. bad genetics ?
We have been pulling off fan leafs here n there
Is it better to pull them off or cut them in your opinion ?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I thought that it could be or that it was forming calaxys or whatever they're called maybe early stage calyx ?
I'll try get better pics soon . Seems odd.. bad genetics ?
We have been pulling off fan leafs here n there
Is it better to pull them off or cut them in your opinion ?
Gonna need to see pics of the plants before I can say.
Wrt pinch or cut, if your thumb nail is long enough, I like to sanitize it with some hand sanitizer and pinch the petioles with my thumbnail and sanitize hands between plants. If you've got short nails I'd say cut with sanitized scissors, and sanitize in mild bleach between plants.
Just don't twist and pull them off, you can end up peeling off the epidermis layer of the stem below it by accident

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Update time :-).
They are just exploding day by day.. it's unreal.

I've not added Epsom salts at all yet. Just mailed aqua for his advice. Does it matter which brand you guys use for these salts ? Had a look on Amazon. Loads of different ones. Hit me up.
I had some security issues so need to PM the email again bro. Wiped a ton of my stuff.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Update .. reveg into male but turning back into female crisis
Due to light leak for a week.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Another update
Male parts dead/falling off within a slight touch.. nanners didn't get big either, like a lime green dead look.

Growth of female coming through all male parts also

No idea how it'll play out.. within a week if no nanas coming thru top buds etc we should be good ?.

@Dirtbag
@Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Another update
Male parts dead/falling off within a slight touch.. nanners didn't get big either, like a lime green dead look.

Growth of female coming through all male parts also

No idea how it'll play out.. within a week if no nanas coming thru top buds etc we should be good ?.

@Dirtbag
@Aqua Man
Think your good brother. First time I see that but yeah it appears the reveg was the culprit

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Welcome to the coco fam! I think you'll like it here. Personally I don't think worrying about a steady ph is as important as a steady ec in coco, meaning it's ok to drift a bit. That's my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Update
None of plants were pollinated. Learnt about pollination. Happens within 24 hours of a bud being affected
Yes they hermied with weird growth but none of them have came through the buds at all.

Plus new growth is all female again.
Anyway week 6 now of flower for both.

Cropped halve the video out due to issues.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Raised lights up a bit. Definitely no signs of pollination, buds fattening up more 😁
7 plants left, wonder how much we'll get outta them

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Update

4 soils and 1 Coco harvested, hanging now.

Had budrot only on one bud in the Coco tent, it got chopped off, ones below it all fine. Not sure how it happened, maybe high intensity heat or lack of airflow as our airflow was quite low (will be sorted for next time). Took majority of all fan leaves off that we could see. Opened it up to prevent more budrot/pm

Will soon all be ready I think, week or two for some.

Can't wait to solve all our problems for next grow. Will have two setups.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

So lost two buds tonight.. had mold inside it on two different plants. Cut them and down a bit.. shame one of them weighed 32g wet

First time dealing with mold inside big buds but increased airflow by adding a few more fans and having dehuey running during lights out.

I assume the rest of the buds will be fine @Dirtbag ?. Have checked the rest. No sign of mold.

Can't wait until the new cloudray clipon fans come out (ac infinity)

IMG20220116224444
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So lost two buds tonight.. had mold inside it on two different plants. Cut them and down a bit.. shame one of them weighed 32g wet

First time dealing with mold inside big buds but increased airflow by adding a few more fans and having dehuey running during lights out.

I assume the rest of the buds will be fine @Dirtbag ?. Have checked the rest. No sign of mold.

Can't wait until the new cloudray clipon fans come out (ac infinity)
You will want to break up anything bigger than an 8th to make sure but it should be fine. Botrytis usually spreads within the plant and doesn't spread to surrounding plants until you see obvious infection on the exterior of the bud.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

P.s this is on the plants that are still in the Coco tent growing, not the ones that were harvested. The harvested ones are all fine now and curing inside jars (which I will post an update on soon and how much we got for all plants)

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

You will want to break up anything bigger than an 8th to make sure but it should be fine. Botrytis usually spreads within the plant and doesn't spread to surrounding plants until you see obvious infection on the exterior of the bud.

I know what to look out for now, once the bud starts going crispy/dying look.. I have my suspicions and was right both times thankfully, I've checked all the rest and couldn't see anything but will keep an eye out. Humidity won't go above 50percent in room now.

Top Bottom