The Gas Lantern Techinique!!!

• Thread starter caveman4.20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I am actually looking for someone qualified to enlighten me also...this is the limited amount that i know.
veg. 12 on 51/2off 1on 51/2 off =24hrs
Flower 11 on 13 off

id like to here experienced experimenters and those with an opinion...

I gotta do some research before jumping into this one, what got me interested is a Botany nerd friend mentioned it but i didnt want to reveal my interest. He claims this fills the plant with flowering hormones and that hour inturruption in the veg. keeps the plant from sexing. The flowering time removes that hour of interuption allowing the plant to sex and flourish with an overload of natural flowering hormones.

My main concern is how males grow in this environment i dont need no superfast growing male pollinating everything over night>?

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

I am actually looking for someone qualified to enlighten me also...this is the limited amount that i know.
veg. 12 on 51/2off 1on 51/2 off =24hrs
Flower 11 on 13 off

id like to here experienced experimenters and those with an opinion...

I gotta do some research before jumping into this one, what got me interested is a Botany nerd friend mentioned it but i didnt want to reveal my interest. He claims this fills the plant with flowering hormones and that hour inturruption in the veg. keeps the plant from sexing. The flowering time removes that hour of interuption allowing the plant to sex and flourish with an overload of natural flowering hormones.

My main concern is how males grow in this environment i dont need no superfast growing male pollinating everything over night>?

I've heard of this as well. I am not willing to try it on my crop, but am definitely interested in anyone's input. It's supposedly a trade secret in the flower industry.

lino

lino

my students will post experiments and thesis soon 0n webisers.com. I will be posting instructional material regarding superior breeding, grafting, tissue culture, embryo manipulation techniques and I will poss touch on gene modification but most of this is a little over the top for most of the site visitors here. People on this site are not wanting knowledge in botany and most dont take the time to even become a horticulturist... they're growers/gardeners and seed traders. If your work with Cannabis sativa L or most Cannabis sativa L ssp indica they are what is call not light sensitive plants with regards to nite and day in other words Most all of Cannabis sativa L and a majority of Cannabis sativa L ssp indica recognize hours of darkness not hours of lite. This is a subject that takes on many different concepts that you'll need to understand if your going to understand and manipulate plant hormones correctly. Hours of darkness and "candle foots power" of darkness have a huge impact on marijuana hormones. mistakes can cause the wrong and right kinda hermy's if ya dont know what your doing with plant hormones. Cannabis sativa L ssp ruderalis is not a darkness recognition plant or light hours sensitive this is one characteristic that separates it in to a different subspecies. And Im in the process of identifying a new subSpecies of Cannabis that you havnt heard of yet also. So read my next post for more insight on Cannabis hormones bro.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Well, I'd like to learn Tissue Culture, Lino. That is the skill I think would most help me become a better grower. How come I haven't seen more (or any, for that matter) people doing Tissue Culture on Cannabis Plants? Is it harder than it looks? It looks pretty easy.......

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
I'll agree about the light statement, Cannabis recognizes the night period. It doesn't care so much about the day, as long as there is less than or equal to, 12 hours of light, and at least 12 hours of dark, between light periods. There are people doing 6 hrs light, 12 hours dark, repeat, using 18 hours as a entire day period. That controller called the Harvest Master has a feature that will do this, but I think the reduced light affects the yield, although the crop finishes quicker.

lino

lino

bro , depending on your science and chemistry back ground you'll need to study all plants and all plant hormones for a year or 2, Next I would suggest research and hard study with Auxins and there effect on marijuana. Now you'll be ready to work with Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Botany, a slightly soluble crystalline plant hormone first isolated from the plantae, fungus Gibberella fujikuroi: a gibberellin. Formula: C19H22O6. Look into that .. Now that you have a mild understanding of palnt hormone manipulation and effect there of we can compare research and I will guide you through some more experimental design that might be of interest to you at this point in your study research. Chitosan, Steric Acid and Palmitic Acid will be help full to know thier effect on plant cellulose and embtyo's and know at what concentration and saturation level will effect microbes in the soil. mainly... Well anyway study hard , bro

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Okay, well, those plants are irrelevant to my MMJ growing. I just grow weed. One time I wanted to grow tomatoes, my wife said, "Do you get $4,000 a lb for tomatoes?" (It was awhile ago) But, she had a really valid point. I'm in my late 40's, I really just want to grow more weed! I need to get my offshore bank account full so I can retire in Belize! Can you help a brother out?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Fridgerator and forever is what ive read but never seen it executed just like this gas lantern schedule....

green punk

green punk

As far as the the 12 1 lighting shed. There is a guy at the shop who "claims " to be running this method. He says that he is getting identical if not better veg results. For me it always goes back to a " what if it doesn't work, and I waste a crop" thought. If it works, we should all be doing it.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

As far as the the 12 1 lighting shed. There is a guy at the shop who "claims " to be running this method. He says that he is getting identical if not better veg results. For me it always goes back to a " what if it doesn't work, and I waste a crop" thought. If it works, we should all be doing it.

I agree fully with you. If it works lets do it. Who's going to go first and share real non doctored proof that it works?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

You know this idea sounds like it has merit,while the science behind it is interesting im sure the high school dropout setting the timers in the commercial greenhouses doesnt know shit from shinola about plant hormones,has anyone heard of anyone else using this technique with mary jane?just the name "gas lantern technique" makes me think that it has been around for a while.

S

swisscheese

I've heard about what you are talking about caveman but think an easier way might be to do a flip flop so one side is flowering and the veg side has 24 hours of constant fluorescent light and 12 hours of hps light. I haven't tried it yet but a good friend is saying he loves it and runs a large grow so I give him some credibility when he says he likes it. Lino I checked out your site as well looks to have some good info and interested to see what you have to share about tissue culture.

Top Bottom