the gray zone

• Thread starter ozarkgrey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
Start Here,

Been giving this some thought and decided to share some of them with you guys and gals before i got to stoned to or busy today with cooking and family.
So here goes. when a state becomes legal as my home state just did, how do they think the cultivators got their gentanics? the riddle being no cannabis can cross state lines
under federal laws, that would include seeds and clones of course. also any product sold in the state must be grown in the state. i enjoy watching the government break its own laws when it finds it convenient. is there a magic place in the great state of missouri where we grown missouri durban poison or bc big buds etc etc. cause if thats the case you underground guys have been killing it!!! otherwise the state is playing the game of don't ask don't tell. i wish the man gave each of us the same lead way in our daily lives as he does himself. 100K for a license and your in bed with the biggest drug dealers ever! breaks the fucking heart when you think of all the brothers that are down as i type this away from their people for the holidays for years to come for doing the same shit the state is doing now, operating in a gray zone thumbing its nose at the federal government. at first i was excited for dispensivers and such. now that i've started here and have my own 'missouri lemon haze' 'missouri bc bud' missouri og kush' 'missouri blackjack' etc etc and so forth growing i don't see myself using their services as much as i thought i would have, now the goal is to be as self sufficient as possible.
hope everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving

OG

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

once the market fills up it gets cheaper to buy weed than to grow it, at least that's how colorado works.

Quality goes to shit though and now people are trying to charge pre legalization prices for "Boutique" quality and idiots who just moved here are buying them so...
Some doucher will put the local strains into dispensary rotations too.
one of my cuts that I shared with someone I shouldn't have now has a completely new name and is in every dispensary. Pisses me off every time I see it.

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
i don't see medical being all that cheap in missouri personally. colorado's medical prices are kept low by the rec sales. everyone i know in a state with medical only complains about the price being so high they return to the black market. i was more pointing out how the state government will thumb its nose at the federal level when it meets their needs. by federal laws all genetics would have to originate and be grown in the state its sold, which would be impossible to achieve .

FourthCity

FourthCity

once the market fills up it gets cheaper to buy weed than to grow it, at least that's how colorado works.

Quality goes to shit though and now people are trying to charge pre legalization prices for "Boutique" quality and idiots who just moved here are buying them so...
Some doucher will put the local strains into dispensary rotations too.
one of my cuts that I shared with someone I shouldn't have now has a completely new name and is in every dispensary. Pisses me off every time I see it.
Ozark, the Missouri Emergency Rules for personal and caregiver cultivators makes no mention of or restrictions on acquiring seeds or clones. I think the restrictions you are mentioning are for the large scale cultivators but I haven't read entirely through their section of the laws. There are countless additional restrictions on them that the state has been wise not to burden us personal cultivators with.

Been to Colorado many times, cheap ounces are around $100 with the better stuff going closer to $200 (before 25% weed taxes), and I agree any place charging more is probably just trying to rip off tourists. Still seems like it would be way less expensive to grow your own even at those prices. Right now we don't have dispensaries in Missouri but Illinois does, their prices are higher than standard Missouri black market prices, about $60 for 3.5g and $350 an OZ before taxes. It will be interesting to see what happens when that state becomes recreational next year. Like Ozark said, we probably wont be seeing Colorado retail prices here for many years.

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

More than a few places run specials for 100 otd. Lots of places have swapped to out the door pricing and the tax is worked in.
The 200 dollar stuff isn't 2 times as good almost ever and I am cheap ass that can't ever justify it. Give my wife something to buy me for xmas I guess. When I moved here I was getting 250 wholesale from dispensaries per ounce, those were the days. I think my perspective is skewed a bit from that.

I know for me growing it costs more but I enjoy it so I keep doing it. With growing little stuff adds up fast, cat shits in my dirt and now it's outside soil and I have to replace it, walk into a grow store high and spend 100 on nutes I didn't need, just bs like that adds up for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom