the great outdoors

• Thread starter sour power
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mickeyspliff

Tobar, your cheese finished much later than mine. Plants in pots were done by early october. Sour diesel was mold resistant in my experience. Real good info you shared.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Hey mickey when did the Sour Diesel finish for you outside? I have some SD ibl from rez I might try if you had good luck with them.

I was just checking my grow log and I had the Cheese all harvested by Oct 15. It was one of my favorites.

M

mickeyspliff

Sour Diesel was done right around 1st of october, nice chunky buds without much leaf. Smelled chocolate like to me outdoors.

I really like the cheese outdoors too. Large white resin coated buds, with a very pungent sweet smell, kinda grape like funk.

I've grown lots of og kush hybrids crossed with Sweet Blue and Fast Haze, a couple of real nice plants from those, many fuel dominant plants, none as nice as OG, though some better yielders. Not much mold either.

T

tenacious

Supporter
i've grown outdoors at 39N i've grown several varieties at once trying to see what grew best. the 2 that stood out as supperior were red dawn & amstel gold. i prefered the gold. although it finished last, it had the shortest flowering time.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
That's nice to know about the SD. There is a bit of unknown when doing some of these strains outdoors. Nobody knows if just a slight steady increase in darkness (that occurs outside) can trigger them to flower. Most people grow indoors and they just flip to 12/12 and start the count. Outdoors at around 41N it is 15 hrs day and 9 hours of dark by the end of June. At the end of July it is 14 hrs 15 minutes of light and 9 hrs and 45 minutes of dark. It happens everyday with a minute or two of more darkness each night. This can trigger some strains. But it prepares most strains. They sense the increase darkness. The transition phase is much better outdoors. Roots grow and get ready to supply food for buds. Then when August hits now it starts increasing to over 10 hours and in my experiences most strains will have some flowers showing by August 10th and be in full flower come September.

So there is a lot of trial and error with different strains.

Sour Power are you going to be doing outdoors in pots in guerilla locations or just in your yard. Pots are nice because you can move them around and make a good soil mix. If you have secure outdoor locations though in the ground will give better yields and be easier to care for. Pots dry out quick and have to be tended almost daily.

I had good luck using giant 50 and 100 lb bags of Miracle Grow organic garden soil. Just poke holes on one flat side and put the holes towards the ground. Then cut a big X in the center of the top side and mound the soil under there and plant your seedling. The bag holds in moisture and they won't need water unless it is hot and dry for several weeks. I put a fence around them and put a few rocks and limbs over each bag and mulched with vegetation. They didn't blow over and were very secure. Some of the plants got to be 5 and 6 feet tall. Most yielded about 4-6 ounces and were 4 feet tall. Some of the taller ones were 10 ounces. Not bad for no digging and not much watering at all. I used them were there was good sun but the soil was very rocky and impossible to dig.

P

ProGroWannabe

I had good luck using giant 50 and 100 lb bags of Miracle Grow organic garden soil. Just poke holes on one flat side and put the holes towards the ground. Then cut a big X in the center of the top side and mound the soil under there and plant your seedling. The bag holds in moisture and they won't need water unless it is hot and dry for several weeks. I put a fence around them and put a few rocks and limbs over each bag and mulched with vegetation. They didn't blow over and were very secure. Some of the plants got to be 5 and 6 feet tall. Most yielded about 4-6 ounces and were 4 feet tall. Some of the taller ones were 10 ounces. Not bad for no digging and not much watering at all. I used them were there was good sun but the soil was very rocky and impossible to dig.

That's some damn good info right there Tobor! Thank you!

P

pinekreek

Tabor,

Great information. Good luck with this years grow.

Top Bottom