The Heathen Farmer‘s Beautiful Disaster

• Thread starter HeathenFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HeathenFarmer

HeathenFarmer

Room has A/C. Temps in tent controlled with heater. 24c-27c. Rh 45-50 with heat. Like u, 60-70 with lights out. Temp drops, as heater is off, 10-15 degrees. Soil grow, 3rd week of flower. Didn't mean to hyjack your thread. Tks for info guys.
Can you dial up the exhaust fan at night? I have to turn mine up to keep humidity in check….. otherwise it sounds like you might be okay without buying a dehumidifier.

Panhead59

Panhead59

I guess i could turn up fan at night. I think somebody makes a timer for that purpose. Screw it, I'll just get the dehumidifier. Like ComfortablyNumb said, I'm gonna also need it for drying. Your plant looks great. Happy chopping !!!!! Tks
For helping me.

HeathenFarmer

HeathenFarmer

Timmmmberrrrrrrr!!!!!!
Watermelon Gushers is down!
A14EB9AB 4819 480E 8B49 299C18CE3284

They’re in a closet while I set up the drying area. Temp is 70 and rh is 60. the trichomes were almost all white, with very few clear and a few turning a creamy yellow. She also drank hardly any water yesterday. She absolutely reeks of sweet and sour candy and gas. Lots of gas. I trimmed all the big stemmed leaves and put them in the freezer. They’ll get made into hash when the other two come down.

Also thank you so much to both @GNick55 and @ComfortablyNumb for making sure I didn’t do anything stupid and helping me keep my grow dialed 🙏🙌🏻

Definitely the best I’ve ever grown 😁 1 down, 2 to go……

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Timmmmberrrrrrrr!!!!!!
Watermelon Gushers is down!
View attachment 1140215
They’re in a closet while I set up the drying area. Temp is 70 and rh is 60. the trichomes were almost all white, with very few clear and a few turning a creamy yellow. She also drank hardly any water yesterday. She absolutely reeks of sweet and sour candy and gas. Lots of gas. I trimmed all the big stemmed leaves and put them in the freezer. They’ll get made into hash when the other two come down.

Also thank you so much to both @GNick55 and @ComfortablyNumb for making sure I didn’t do anything stupid and helping me keep my grow dialed 🙏🙌🏻

Definitely the best I’ve ever grown 😁 1 down, 2 to go……
YEEEEHAWW! Yeah baby, those look extra juicy! You did it man!

HeathenFarmer

HeathenFarmer

Week 9
7058F842 E52A 467F A618 A3D680E9649B

Meat Pie
6110DC0A 42A6 4856 8B67 36197EED34CD

Larry OG cross
EEC55000 3ECC 4D0C 9CE0 2D89D186ED9B

Also I bought some flat black paint and painted a bunch of stash jars. Came out pretty cool….
FE4DB3C2 5B8B 48A0 966B 46EF0765B883

Watermelon Gushers is all trimmed and jarred and curing nicely. No off smells and smelling better everyday 😎

HeathenFarmer

HeathenFarmer

Fall colors
1C9FDA5A 6EB0 447E BEE7 0579E557AC88

D01EC395 1330 4FD0 ABCB 999448B037A8

E9D2754A D294 4D83 A34F 492A69EFCE65

Meat Pie is slowing down drinking and most trichs are cloudy, won’t be long now……

HeathenFarmer

HeathenFarmer

Welp yesterday was the day. Both plants were done and got the axe. Busy day so I didn’t take any pictures. Here they are….
3B29FEC8 340C 47BF A259 AA8241C29C0A

Also my mini hygrometers aren’t here yet, so I put a Boost 2 way humidity pack in the bottom of the jars that are curing. Good idea? Bad idea? The watermelon gushers buds are dry and dense but have a tiny bit of give…..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Welp yesterday was the day. Both plants were done and got the axe. Busy day so I didn’t take any pictures. Here they are….
View attachment 1143707
Also my mini hygrometers aren’t here yet, so I put a Boost 2 way humidity pack in the bottom of the jars that are curing. Good idea? Bad idea? The watermelon gushers buds are dry and dense but have a tiny bit of give…..
it’s not like a good or bad idea, to me kinda depends what the buds are like when you put them in there..
are the buds to you kinda wet or dry..
if on the dry side a humidity pack is fine as you’ll probably open the jars like once a day for a sniff anyways😋
but wet id due a proper cure..

HeathenFarmer

HeathenFarmer

it’s not like a good or bad idea, to me kinda depends what the buds are like when you put them in there..
are the buds to you kinda wet or dry..
if on the dry side a humidity pack is fine as you’ll probably open the jars like once a day for a sniff anyways😋
but wet id due a proper cure..
They’re definitely on the dryer side. I put my big hygrometer in the bigger jar overnight and it said 61%, so I think I’m in the zone. But I do open the jars a few times a day to smell 😀 and the ambient humidity is around 50%. I guess I’m more worried they’ll get too dry.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
They’re definitely on the dryer side. I put my big hygrometer in the bigger jar overnight and it said 61%, so I think I’m in the zone. But I do open the jars a few times a day to smell 😀 and the ambient humidity is around 50%. I guess I’m more worried they’ll get too dry.
your fine.. kinda what i do..
i control the humidity and temp during drying and let the branches hang for hopefully 10 days before trimming and jarring so the buds are not crispy dry but kinda like a marshmallow maybe a bit dryer so when i jar i can throw in a pack, i use 58%.. no biggie either way.
the first week i’ll give them a shake and than open up for a sniff daily, also looking to see everything is fine but after that maybe a couple times a week i’ll check them out.. because i don’t smoke weed i’ll leave in the jars for months and the smell does get better..
i have some now from outdoors from last year so about 9 months curing and the smell is magnificent!!
the smoke is smooth and tasty is what i’m told, long lasting high.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Nice grow!

I love variety and you've proven it can be done in a 2 x 2.👏

HeathenFarmer

HeathenFarmer

your fine.. kinda what i do..
i control the humidity and temp during drying and let the branches hang for hopefully 10 days before trimming and jarring so the buds are not crispy dry but kinda like a marshmallow maybe a bit dryer so when i jar i can throw in a pack, i use 58%.. no biggie either way.
the first week i’ll give them a shake and than open up for a sniff daily, also looking to see everything is fine but after that maybe a couple times a week i’ll check them out.. because i don’t smoke weed i’ll leave in the jars for months and the smell does get better..
i have some now from outdoors from last year so about 9 months curing and the smell is magnificent!!
the smoke is smooth and tasty is what i’m told, long lasting high.
Perfect thanks! They hung for 8 days and "marshmallow" is the perfect way to describe the feel. I'm gonna try to set aside some for a really long cure. Not something you can experience with dispensary weed!

HeathenFarmer

HeathenFarmer

Nice grow!

I love variety and you've proven it can be done in a 2 x 2.👏
Thanks buddy! I've always wanted to try a multi strain in a 2x2 just to see. Kinda surprised it went so smoothly. 4 plants and 6-8 ounces in a 2x2 is definitely doable I think.

Top Bottom