The history of chemdawg

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I'm not sure what holes you are talking about? The story has always been the same to me. Maybe a few changes over the years after learning the real truth. Yes I know we've had this conversation before and your theory doesn't make sense to me. Why lie about it? The only point you made to me was why there was so much difference in the original seeds. The 91, D, and Sister were all from G and were very different from the Chem 1 2 3 4's that JoeB found.
Will Thcbay see more Top Dawg beans ? Soon ? Danks in advance

green punk

green punk

Good to see you here @JJ-NYC!!

I always thought the P-Bud was herb from Paonia , CO. At least that was the story from the dude. We were seeing that product on the reg in my area every fall through out the 90's.

jlr42024

jlr42024

C'mon you guys are the best in the biz and you know who you are, does it really matter because in the end my patients just want your wonderful creations that relieve there many ailments and when history is the focus our patients suffer today. this energy could be used in a collaboration between a few master breeders resulting in a strain far superior in every way intended for every mmj patient rather then the best medicine never reaching patients hands. Just my opinion but if you few top guys got together it might just be what it takes to compete with big biz when that inevitably happens. Positive vibes farmers we're all going to need one another more and more as this industry progresses the way it's gonna.

Stick.Figure

Stick.Figure

I asked Pbud Mike this very question about the lineage of the dog bud not 2 days ago and his answer was that " we just got dried flowers, never knew the lineage. came from norther Cal Oregon border back in early 90's"

S

ssteely71

I was a FL resident for 20+ years and grew outdoors in NW fl for several years very successfully. We worked "the Pine" for about 3 years in large crowded plots, I think from about '92-95 always making (sometimes unknowingly)enough seed for next year, I agree that what we had then looks and smells alot like Sfv in ways, but its obvious imo that what we had was a pre kush version ( as in before kush was crossed into it) . It was lanky without ever bulking and buds always cured flat. I had no real knowledge of strains then past what was in high times mag, but if I had to guess now we were working a Lemon Thai x Skunk cross of some sort. I know that in my circle of acquaintances , there was a semi~active trade of genetics between Fl and NorCal. Some of our best times were after Holiday packages from Humbolt. Great thread.

Shamus

Shamus

a friend is working some heirloom XMAS bud seeds.. cant wait to run a few hundo ;)

any info on this line? ive heard it mentioned but always assumed it was just an OLD NL line similar to my "gramps" NL cut from the early 80s (STRAIGHT PINE) which was sourced via canadian bikers in wisconsin.. when id ask what cut it was hed look at me like im dumb AF n just say ITS NL. lol. aint got a number!

ik the pine you speak of...

its not like an OG.. at all
one it yields way fuckin more, and has more frost (than most OG's)

completely different somehow even tho pine is a main trait of OG
theres no acetone fuel to it.. literally just pine..
ik this cuz ive smoked A LOT of it.. grown 10ft trees of it.. hell i was bred to be a lil ganja G on it

sorry if this is off topic

but ferreal tho i cant wait to work the xmas bud.. gift it to everyone and their brother

Power OG

Power OG

a friend is working some heirloom XMAS bud seeds.. cant wait to run a few hundo ;)

any info on this line? ive heard it mentioned but always assumed it was just an OLD NL line similar to my "gramps" NL cut from the early 80s (STRAIGHT PINE) which was ksourced via canadian bikers in wisconsin.. when id ask what cut it was hed look at me like im dumb AF n just say ITS NL. lol. aint got a number!

ik the pine you speak of...

its not like an OG.. at all
one it yields way fuckin more, and has more frost (than most OG's)

completely different somehow even tho pine is a main trait of OG
theres no acetone fuel to it.. literally just pine..
ik this cuz ive smoked A LOT of it.. grown 10ft trees of it.. hell i was bred to be a lil ganja G on it

sorry if this is off topic

but ferreal tho i cant wait to work the xmas bud.. gift it to everyone and their brother
Love the xmas bud I grew up on It.
Respect

urban1026835

urban1026835

I always assumed xmas bud was something that got tossed around since fall/winter indoor crops tend to be way better without heat issues..especially back when I remember xmas bud being thrown around my area (94-97? I think could be off)

curious to what the lineage would be

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Glen Lynd & Marilyn, Southern Oregon, 1968 The Lynd's fled to Oregon after the troubles in Idyllwild.

" Glen and Marilyn Lynd, circa 1968. Lynd had just returned from Afghanistan on one of the Brotherhood's earliest smuggling trips. He went on to play a cataclysmic role in the group after he and his wife moved up to the Idyllwild ranch with Leary. He testified, revealing the inside workings of the BOEL. He spent his later years in Southern Oregon, passing in 2002.
Lynd took his listeners from the early days in Anaheim to the Mystic Arts World Store, his hash run to Afghanistan, the purchase of the ranch, the dealings with Sand, the creation of Orange Sunshine, Griggs' death and on into the 1970s. Although Lynd spent much of his life in Oregon, he still travelled to Laguna occasionally and was trusted by both Andrist and Randall. At the ranch, Lynd had known Leary quite well and regaled the jury with stories of their conversations telling how Leary had helped to shape the Brotherhood. "

" In the latter part of 1967, Glenn Lynd and two other brotherhood members traveled to Afghanistan in search of a permanent source of supply for brotherhood hashish. Thev purchased 125 pounds of high-quality Afghanistan hashish from their suppliers in Afghanistan for $15 a pound and smuggled it back into California where they sold it for $900 a pound. This was to be the first 125 pounds of nearly 24 tons of hashish smuggled into the United States from Afghanistan, Lebanon, and India by the Brotherhood of Eternal Love. By March 1969, the Brotherhood of Eternal Love was the largest supplier of hashish and LSD in the Ignited States.

The center of their operations was still Laguna Beach, Calif., although they were fast becoming international travelers and were purchasing property in Hawaii, Canada, Central America, and several States neighboring California. From 1966 to 1971, members of the brotherhood traveled throughout the world using false identities with passports obtained under assumed names. Their operations were virtually untouchable during this period of time. Because of their mobility, because no one was really aware of the extent of their activities. "
Thank You for clearing a debate between Loompa and I. A group of Surfers (A.K.A. the Brotherhood Of Eternal Love A.K.A. Hippie Mafia) did catapult the cannabis movement into the high grade sensi we all have come to love. I do think they were based out of Orange County in Santiago Canyon just a few miles from where I was raised.

urban1026835

urban1026835

if there is a specific cut then I would assume quite a few people hold it.

The bud was way too available back then out east for it not to have been coming from many sources.

straydogOG

straydogOG

XMAS bud for me in the mid 80`s - early 90`s, when it dried up for us here in north IL.. was straight pine smelling... and straight fire! All I know is at that time, I looked forward to having the xmas bud at the end of the year... more that the xmas gifts under the tree :)

SunGrown

SunGrown

This caught my eye, if you are speaking of florida/Geaorgia xmas bud...we used to get that in Bainbridge, Georgia from like 94 to 97

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Yeah, great to see talk of the FL and MA weed scenes during the 90s as I inhabited and consumed cannabis in both areas during that time. 80s too.

Wasn't weed sourced in Crested Butte part of the chem story?

outwest

INbreed312

INbreed312

I am confident my first experience with decent herb was this 'pine'. Northern Indiana circa '95,'96. Went around as just 'the kine' or 'kind bud' depending on the circles. I have no idea where it was sourced though word was Colorado and some came in with the limey mids via Arizona.
No one really had names outside the NL or some Hawaiian that both still circulate to this day if you know where to look. Both of those are very floral in phenotype and are usually not grown or finished properly so a decent presentation is rare.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Oom pah pah, was not aware you lived on the right coast at one point.I was born and raised out of Portsmouth,NH

Used to get to Boston quite often. "Combat Zone" :)

Inbreed312 you are correct, the xmas tree bud there was a cut held coming out of Jerome, AZ in the early to mid 90's. Jerome was an old abandoned mining town that was revitalized by the hippies in the 60's. We used to get it in hermetically sealed clear packages and the stuff was as you said pure fire.

Top Bottom