The history of chemdawg

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SunGrown

SunGrown

So, can you guys help me for sure ID my DOG as West Coast Dog?
dog.jpg

Lots more pics if someone will help fo sho ID her for me. She came to me just labeled as DAWG...

INbreed312

INbreed312

Oom pah pah, was not aware you lived on the right coast at one point.I was born and raised out of Portsmouth,NH

Used to get to Boston quite often. "Combat Zone" :)

Inbreed312 you are correct, the xmas tree bud there was a cut held coming out of Jerome, AZ in the early to mid 90's. Jerome was an old abandoned mining town that was revitalized by the hippies in the 60's. We used to get it in hermetically sealed clear packages and the stuff was as you said pure fire.
Thanks for that info! :woot: Happy to know that. Is that cut on lockdown?

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Last night when it started raining on me I decided to hang out and do some reading and Green Dots Post on
who what wheres here on this thread is too amazing where else would such great Knowledge be shared .
Thanks GD
FlyJ

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for that info! :woot: Happy to know that. Is that cut on lockdown?
As far as I know it is. I haven't seen anything from that particular farmer in many years now. But ya never really do know do ya :)

SunGrown

SunGrown

@SunGrown ~ That looks like the West Coast D.O.G. cut to me. :)
Thanks a lot for taking the time.

It came to me labeled as DAWG, but I knew it wasn't a chem or og Really.

Same general people/area it came from is also where I got my Betsy too.

@Nspecta

Do you have much info on the betsy? Like real lineage?

I guess real lineage on the West Coast Dog would be nice too.

SunGrown

SunGrown

@SunGrown ~ That looks like the West Coast D.O.G. cut to me. :)
I found your pic you posted up a couple years ago of your DOG and she is the exact DOG I have

SO thank you again for your time

Have you noticed that the way she grows indoors and outdoors that she comes out way different? (flower structure and smell wise)

Inside she smells very sweet, outside she has a very diesel type smell and even the structure of the flower outdoors has been similar to diesel, where as inside she is rock hard golfballs. Also inside she can finish really quickly.

Just curious on your experience with this awesome lady!

Nspecta

Nspecta

Breeder
Thanks a lot for taking the time.

It came to me labeled as DAWG, but I knew it wasn't a chem or og Really.

Same general people/area it came from is also where I got my Betsy too.

@Nspecta

Do you have much info on the betsy? Like real lineage?

I guess real lineage on the West Coast Dog would be nice too.
I found your pic you posted up a couple years ago of your DOG and she is the exact DOG I have

SO thank you again for your time

Have you noticed that the way she grows indoors and outdoors that she comes out way different? (flower structure and smell wise)

Inside she smells very sweet, outside she has a very diesel type smell and even the structure of the flower outdoors has been similar to diesel, where as inside she is rock hard golfballs. Also inside she can finish really quickly.

Just curious on your experience with this awesome lady!

Sounds like you might've gotten DOG & Betsy from folks not to far removed from me...as those were my two top outdoor bitches for the better part of the last decade. Betsy is definitely a mystery...posted all I really know on my thread...as for the DOG, just another mystery cut as well considering the source that originally hyped it were prolly not being to honest about its origins. I've seen different variations to the DOG inside vs. outside but usually I get super frosty sweet smelling outdoor DOG too at my spot...haven't personally had her come out diesely but have heard other who have...could be a microclimate scenario?

SunGrown

SunGrown

Sounds like you might've gotten DOG & Betsy from folks not to far removed from me...as those were my two top outdoor bitches for the better part of the last decade. Betsy is definitely a mystery...posted all I really know on my thread...as for the DOG, just another mystery cut as well considering the source that originally hyped it were prolly not being to honest about its origins. I've seen different variations to the DOG inside vs. outside but usually I get super frosty sweet smelling outdoor DOG too at my spot...haven't personally had her come out diesely but have heard other who have...could be a microclimate scenario?
Ya know, it may be a micro climate thing, but it is all I have seen of her so I have nothing else to compare it to. I mean, I have seen her in quite a few gardens around here, but all of them are between maybe 2500 feet and 4000 feet.

I did gift her to a buddy that is growing her at 1500 feet outdoors this year so we shall see how his turn out, but indoors they always come out rock hard and sweet frost covered flowers. I will be posting pics up this fall of the flowers so you can take a look at mine from the main outdoor and compare it to the dep/indoor to see what I mean.

Probably a descent chance we know folks that know folks that know us, lol

these circles tend to be relatively small but tight. So even if I don't know you or your buddy, my buddy may know you or your buddy.

You get it

If ya wanna get into the Blue Dragon heritage with me I would love to discuss her too, she is one of my all time faves and HIGHLY sought out, and I share her sometimes, but I am selective especially with that special lady! ;)

Shit who doesn't want really awesome huge resinous and stinky flowers done full term in september!

Thanks again for taking the time to discuss this with me.

SunGrown

SunGrown

That blue dragon sounds like the bees knees. Got pics?
The blue dragon is the bees knees, tits and ass!

I will go thru and see what pics I saved, but I have an outdoor garden full of her this year, I have a lot of clones/ mamas I could show off, but we have all seen plants.

I will see what I can find for you, but either way by about sept 20 I will have full term pics to share. I didn't used to take many pics, but my position on that has changed now

SunGrown

SunGrown

That blue dragon sounds like the bees knees. Got pics?
Here are a couple pics for you @INbreed312

My apologies they are not the best example of the plant, but it is all I found on this hard drive, Like I said though, more in a few weeks of freshies to look at

This flower pic is shitty, but maybe you can see how bue she gets, and if you could smell the fruity pebbles you would drool, this flower was cut at day 43ish, no later than day 48 I am sure

blue_dragon_flower.jpg

And a small plant to see the structure on her

blue_dragon.jpg

T

TOOTS

Thank You for clearing a debate between Loompa and I. A group of Surfers (A.K.A. the Brotherhood Of Eternal Love A.K.A. Hippie Mafia) did catapult the cannabis movement into the high grade sensi we all have come to love. I do think they were based out of Orange County in Santiago Canyon just a few miles from where I was raised.
Brotherhood was from Laguna Beach, Ca from laguna canyon to be exact!

INbreed312

INbreed312

Here are a couple pics for you @INbreed312

My apologies they are not the best example of the plant, but it is all I found on this hard drive, Like I said though, more in a few weeks of freshies to look at

This flower pic is shitty, but maybe you can see how bue she gets, and if you could smell the fruity pebbles you would drool, this flower was cut at day 43ish, no later than day 48 I am sure

blue_dragon_flower.jpg

And a small plant to see the structure on her

blue_dragon.jpg
Looks fantastic! I like the way she builds out. Thanks for sharing.

StoneyPufnstuff

StoneyPufnstuff

@SunGrown, that looks like the West Coast D.O.G. to me, not The Dog (or at least what me or my folks know as The Dog). Thanks for bringing some light to the fog, i've tried to grow everything with any kind of dog/dawg to the name and so far only kept one. Long ago I suspected there were different versions but my experiences, and your combined reports with Nspecta provide some insight. It can be confusing as so many good plants have similar "dog/dawg" namesakes, the finish time and sweetness are the separating factors. I have kept The Dog since '02, grown her from Washington to SoCal (in and out) and she consistently comes through heavy lingering diesel/hash in flavor, NEVER sweet, and dense but not rock nuggets. The first time I heard of West Coast D.O.G. was '06; The Dog I hold is not a west coast native and goes back to the 80's in the midWest. West Coast Dog finishes considerably faster and has more resination on the leaflets than The Dog. Rock hard nuggets, lots of frost, quick flower time, sometimes a little purple tinge, and lighter pistil color is the signature of West Coast D.O.G . I have found The Dog to be danker than West Coast D.O.G.; but the West Coast D.O.G. is more suited to commercial production; when smoking The Dog people would always ask "what was that?" but would be on to the next after smoking West Coast D.O.G.

I have smoked the Blue Dragon and some related hybrids...nice smoke. I have never grown her but that stout structure is appealing.

SunGrown

SunGrown

@StoneyPufnstuff

Thanks for the insight and I agree with all you have said. I unfortunately have not had The Dog yet then, but I should track her down!

I love the West Coast Dog, I wonder if the two really are related at all? Too many names for strains, esp similar names for things that are not related at all

The Blue Dragon is an amazing strain. I have some outside that will be done in about 5 weeks.

The strain GameChanger, I think must be related to Blue Dragon, you know anything of that one by chance?
My buddy has her outside this year and I feel they must either be the same, or very similar

Last edited:
Top Bottom