The history of chemdawg

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StoneyPufnstuff

StoneyPufnstuff

I recall when i first heard of West Coast D.O.G., sounded like the Western response to The Dog. This is where the lines blur as I believe there was rumor of the Bubba in W.C. lineage. Not being close to the creators of the W.C. D.O.G. I do not know if there is any truth to that. Educated speculation to the lighter colored pistils on a dawg/dog reminds me of Chemdog #4, the quick finish/tight nugs hints at Bubba genes (if I had to guess). I just smoked my last of The Dog about a month or so ago or i'd send you a sample. I smoked thadocta out with her a couple years ago and he titled it "more diesel than diesel," and i agree but an OG head would say "more OG than OG."

My experience with smoking the Blue Dragon goes back 3 years. I recall some talk of other "Dragon" hybrid strains, maybe even a "Wizard" grown outside, but not much else stands out in my memory.

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

Working on a weed family tree. Its kind of cool if you have a few minutes and want to check it out.

http://www.myheritage.com/site-family-tree-253882921/dog

username: [email protected]
password: chemdog

zoom in and look for unknown bud from co and click the little pink and blue buttons right above it to see the whole picture. Definitely can't know that its accurate for sure but its my take on it at least.

william76

william76

I
Gifted my good friend 9 - 96' Super Skunk seeds. All 9 sprouted. He is going to hit my TK cut with some SS pollen if he finds a male...super stoked to see this project come to light!
96 ssk,ive been lookin for that,that is pure fire,grew it for a while years back,cant seem to. Source it now,any pics?all the best,76

MemphisSol

MemphisSol

pretty much all I wanted to hear, was what PBud and JJ had to say..the one guy missing in that conversation was Weasel, I'd like to hear what he would have to say. Keep in mind PBud isn't from the East Coast and JJ is..gives different perspectives. From what I have grown, there is much more to Sour D than just Chemdog(DogBud). At least in the last 15 years, the one we call SourD from NY to FL resembles a more skunky, more sattie, more sweet, all around better high than chemdog alone. Her being sensitive makes me wanna believe the herm story about the DNL. I've heard someone say at some point they thought it might simply be '91 got hit by the Daywrecker. The main story promoted seems to be that the DNL hermed and hit the '91. Hearing all of this I think Sour Diesel has been an interchangeable moniker of sorts, especially in the Burroughs. I've seen pictures of some people's SD that looks just like '91 nugs or even smaller. What people call AJ looks closer to this type and looks closer to Daywrecker budshape wise. All I know is the white AJ SD, is putting out massive sativa plants with huge ass colas..so I don't know...could mostly be just different phenos most people have. The most widely known SD that I have seen on the Atlantic Sea Board has fit the Hawaiian profile. It's all very interesting..lol...seems a lot of good strains came to be, from reasons of hoarding and bagseed finds.
I lived with JoeB last year-I am trying to get ahold of him-he told me all about the pbud in colorado back in the late 80s-Joe B its Sol-I cant get ahold of you, I got some important news to tell you,

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

P78

Thai Stick: Surfers, Scammers, and the Untold Story of the Marijuana Trade

Mike Ritter dropped out of the University of California, Santa Cruz, in 1967 and set off on the Hippie Trail to Afghanistan and India, where he began smuggling hash and marijuana in 1968 and continued for eighteen years. He recently graduated from the University of Hawaii with an undergraduate degree in astronomy and physics.

This book was really an EXCELLENT read. It starts out a little slow with "overview info". Then it gets super detailed with all kinds of nuggets of good information. I highly recommend ordering this book, the level of details it goes into regarding the growing operations is absolutely worth its weight in gold. It seemed at some point when the worldwide demand became HUGE... very intelligent smugglers were working with a main Thaid native broker "Lek" to make sure that only the highest quality herb was brought to the commercial market. Lek had developed a huge network of local best Thai growers and he pushed them to keep improving their techniques so the quality was uniform and good. There are insane tales of multi-ton shipments of excellent quality getting sidetracked, lost, pirated, etc. The book describes why the Thai people originally wrapped it in sticks, it seems simply to make the product easy to sell in a "known unit" in local markets and to GI's (kind of like a pack of cigarettes).

Another tail was how at some point some aggressive American smugglers actually set up their OWN whole large-scale commercial grow operation that they "planned" and trained the workforce to use best practices while growing - carefully pulling all males (ie sinsemilla). Loose supervision by the Americans. A corrupt Thai military general used military heavy machinery to clear the lands and supply security. Read the book!

The book is written by a very serious journalist, the detail is outstanding and not just "fluff" high level detail you see in so many other books. The footnotes are like 25 pages and worth the cost of buying the book. The book is co-authored by Peter MacGuire who has authored another good book on warcrimes in Cambodia and SE Asia.

If you love THAI, Vietnamese, Laos, and Cambodian strains get this book!

I attached one of the interesting pages!

Last edited:
MemphisSol

MemphisSol

B.O.E.L

" It's 2 a.m. in New Delhi, halfway through a hot night in August 1967, and Mike Hynson is still awake and sweating in his hotel room. The pressure is on it's a feeling of impending doom that Hynson, a fearless surfer whose quest for the perfect wave had been captured in the 1966 cult classic The Endless Summer, has never encountered before, certainly never while simply working on a surfboard. But this is no normal surfboard-repair job.

Using a spoon he borrowed from the hotel restaurant, Hynson has carved a giant chunk of foam out of the bottom of one of the boards he'd delivered to India a few weeks earlier. He's filled the hole with a watertight bag of hashish oil that he and a friend from Laguna Beach obtained in Kathmandu. He seals the compartment shut with carefully concealed tape and resin. But time is conspiring against Hynson. He still has two more boards to go before dawn, when he has to catch a return flight to California. The trio of hash-laden boards he's busy preparing are supposed to arrive on a cargo flight a few
days after him. "

" For several years, their psychedelic activities were underwritten by selling high-quality marijuana. As business expanded, they decided to see if they could build a national distribution network. Farmer John and Chuck Scott bought a new station wagon, loaded it up with kilo bricks of marijuana and drove from Laguna Beach to the Holland Tunnel. They took almost six weeks to move the load because New York's hippie market for marijuana at the time of their arrival was small and informal. Distribution of the Brotherhood's first wholesale load began the creation of an entirely new market and sales pyramid. After sales prospered, the Brotherhood began to send researchers around the world to look into purchasing opportunities. Red Lebanese and black Afghan hashish were favored because of their strength, perfumes, and popularity among buyers in the USA. Other varieties of hashish were also purchased and imported in volume. At a certain point, the cash flow was more than sufficient for them to set up their own laboratory in which to manufacture LSD. The elder chemist was the bright and quirky Owsley Stanley, nicknamed Bear, who favored "cocktails", mixtures of LSD and small amounts of amphetamine, though there was no amphetamine in Owsley's acid. It was pure, and much of it was actually made by Nick Sand. "

View attachment 402786
Just finished reading Orange Sunshine The Brotherhood of Eternal Love...

E

Elsydro

Thai Stick: Surfers, Scammers, and the Untold Story of the Marijuana Trade

Mike Ritter dropped out of the University of California, Santa Cruz, in 1967 and set off on the Hippie Trail to Afghanistan and India, where he began smuggling hash and marijuana in 1968 and continued for eighteen years. He recently graduated from the University of Hawaii with an undergraduate degree in astronomy and physics.

SpiderKid what is the difference between the blue orca and the one as I know they came from same parents, is one more Sativa to indica? That you kindly love reading about the stories from the old scammers and such, keel the BoEL coming!!!!

E

Elsydro

Good to see you here @JJ-NYC!!

I always thought the P-Bud was herb from Paonia , CO. At least that was the story from the dude. We were seeing that product on the reg in my area every fall through out the 90's.
Paonia Paralyzer is a purple strain FYI, I’m in Colorado and my fiancé lived near paonia, from what I understand it’s goes by many names Many I don’t recall, the story about Paonia Paralyzer in and of itself is a great story hope helps a lil

E

Elsydro

Man O man. Miss that lime green with dark red hairs and a mint taste Xmas tree from the late 80s early 90s. Who's holding that cut ?
I hold a pack of leans Vi e. As freebie ‘79 Xmas Bud ibl csi Humboldt has and sells it I believe or seedvault Cali can’t remever I hunk I got my beans from seedvault ca at the IndoExpo 2018 can’t wait also some black triangle and old Hashplant Bodhis and got the Xmas as freebie

Wolfe

Wolfe

Paonia Paralyzer is a purple strain FYI, I’m in Colorado and my fiancé lived near paonia, from what I understand it’s goes by many names Many I don’t recall, the story about Paonia Paralyzer in and of itself is a great story hope helps a lil
I don’t remember it being purple( could have been) I just remember the distinctive taste and smell that was different than anything around at the time. It was unmistakable when you smoked it you knew. “That’s the p bud” and yes it was grown and made famous in Paonia.

Oregonbus

Oregonbus

You never hear about the part of the story how the Lemon got into the mix. The guy Putz had a male called the secret ingredient wich was lemon thai x paki kush. And he crossed that to the chemdog cut. Nobody ever talks about that. Its all about G making that Chemdog D kush and thats the whole story and then something or other about chem 1-4. Which are seeds made from seeds. The chem and og kush lines were around long before the 'chemdog history' story goes on and seems like it is being told after the fact. Watever story you tell it has to match up genetically and the right time frame.
My two cents on it is the dog bud /diesel is like a NL x shiva skunk x afghani hawaiin. And that the lemon didnt come into the picture until Putz (sunset beach). Crossed the dog bud to the secret ingredient. (Lemon thai x paki kush). In 93. Im just wondering how someone was saying the Chemdog D Chemdog's Sister and 91 all came from the same bag seed. If so. What were the parent strains? Inquiring minds want to know.....
Someone gave me an og kush clone in 2000. Northern Arizona and the two strains I mentioned before were distinct in the cross. Secret ingredient and some sort of afghani dog bud. The defining characteristics of the leaves were every leaf had 5 fingers. And the bottom two were small and the middle vein on the leaf went straight across. Evergreen in color. Very thick. The diagonal lines on the leaves were very distinct and the tops of the leaves were very shiny like a thick coat of grease. All im saying is if you take away the lemon thai /paki kush. Thats the chemdog. Very high quality leaves with like a nail polish/ high quality leather purse smell. That seems like the weed P bud on IG has. Except crossed to that hindu kush. Just my 2 cents here it would be nice if there was more chem genetics available to the public that more closely resembled the real mccoy. Peace.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

fascinating, back story. i was with u in spirit, but pot wasn't the focal point, at that time, for me. I'm still stuck on jusdas priest, rush and some other names, as u reminisce... i was gettin way better bud, than i deserved, at the time and my #1 "guy", didn't concern herself, with the names of the strains, she was growin. so now... i get those, "aha moments ", when i have a quality strain, that brings back memories via flavors n terps... and i miss THAT "GUY", terribly;D . .."so THAT'S S#1"... ;P

Oregonbus

Oregonbus

fascinating, back story. i was with u in spirit, but pot wasn't the focal point, at that time, for me. I'm still stuck on jusdas priest, rush and some other names, as u reminisce... i was gettin way better bud, than i deserved, at the time and my #1 "guy", didn't concern herself, with the names of the strains, she was growin. so now... i get those, "aha moments ", when i have a quality strain, that brings back memories via flavors n terps... and i miss THAT "GUY", terribly;D . .."so THAT'S S#1"... ;P
😂😂😂 there is no story. Im just matching up what other people said to weed I actually grew. Og kush the strain. Idk it just seems weird that someone wants to call themself Chemdog wen they arent even the breeder. Thats like a hack of hacks.

Top Bottom