The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FooDoo

Fine. I'll admit it. I'm from the middle east and when I imgrated to the states I settled.in Florida and brought seeds with me from my village. I grew my seeds and gave Matt his bag that had his first "og" seeds in it

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

If you have not listened to the podcast give it a spin. Comedy gold stories with huge bunker grows with megawatt generators, Hawaiian surfers with the original cut stuck in a Florida airport, Jack Nicholson, police chases, etc. :) orgnkid sounds like he has smoked more weed than anybody on the planet, a true stoner.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

If you have not listened to the podcast give it a spin. Comedy gold stories with huge bunker grows with megawatt generators, Hawaiian surfers with the original cut stuck in a Florida airport, Jack Nicholson, police chases, etc. :) orgnkid sounds like he has smoked more weed than anybody on the planet, a true stoner.

Without a doubt. I've never seen anyone dab like him. I got a bad yelp review once because of him. Some Valley Girl was pissed that the tattoo studio I worked at reeked of weed. orgnkid was getting tattooed that day......and had just gotten a 710 pen. Hell I think I wound up getting a contact high that day.

MJ Indicator

MJ Indicator

Most modern OG Kush examples show reminiscence to Afghanica, plenty of breeders and growers were working Afghan lines in the U.S. circa 70's & early 80's. Some folks probably felt awkward using terms like Afghani to describe an "alleged" illicit due to the Soviet war in Afghanistan, that random zenophobia and connective risk of lost sales for said cannabis might give reason in a shift towards using a term like kush. A clever due diligence would be to find a more true name, an exotic name i.e., Kush for Hindu Kush which was also a common breeding stock back then, but arguably not as common in vernacular as Afghani.

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

Interesting thread though, I am heading to the Hindu Kush region specifically to learn the history of the region and to enjoy the culture and of course collect some genetics, I am optimistic I will find similar traits.

filmore

filmore

Update - I communicated with the daughter of Frank Gegax and she told me that DAVE HAS NEVER MET her father Frank, that her sister went to school with Dave Richards and that she thinks that Dave did go loot the grow site AFTER the bust, but what he may have found/stolen/looted from the DEA raided grow site is unknown. I have to go back and actually listen to his whole story - I just couldn't bother to listen to him go on, but now that I know the premise of his story is totally fabricated I want to give it a listen.

Thank you for the kind words - we are all making the world better by just resisting the oppression.

Hugs n Hash - Todd

View attachment 478146

Wow its crazy that Dave Richards has so many people fooled. It is beyond obvious he is fabricating a huge unbelievable story. He must be absolutely crazy. And i assume it is just in time for his new seed company. Its sad to me the adam dunn show is supporting and helping dave spew his lies. The history of cannabis is confusing enough and to have some idiot claim he knows and was involved with all major strains is a joke. People stop sucking his dick. He is a narc. the book supposedly written by frank gegax, that dave said he is going to have published is a joke. How are you going to publish a book written by a man who is still living. Adam dunn show needs to distance themselves from this informant pathological liar. It is suspicious to me they have not reached out to mccormick or gegax.

J

johnjohnn

Two of Frank Gegax's daughters just came on The Adam Dunn Show and confirmed Dave's story. He got the seeds from them, who got the seeds from their father. Same with the stories about their father. They also called out Todd McCormick for being a liar with no real proof about Dave being a snitch. They also apparently never told Todd that Dave was a liar, which is what Todd has been saying this entire time. Dave's story is 90% true, end of story.

HEMPxxx

HEMPxxx

Hi guys - I would be happy to post the original facebook messages from Kristi to me on Facebook where she told me Dave had never met her dad. I am only listening to this now, but wow, to hear that Frank's daughter Missy stole half the seeds she was to give someone else and she gave them to Dave! Wow! What trustable people they are! Turns out that Dave's story IS a total lie, as Dave has gone from in his story being Franks apprentice and right hand man, to us now learning that Frank has NEVER MET DAVE! Dave was a 18 year old high school boy that went and looted a raided grow on the instruction of the busted guys dishonest (by her own admission) daughter.

And as for me having proof that Dave cooperated in the 1997 case against me, well that is a matter of public record if anyone cared to dig through the old case. I did 5 years because I would not cooperate, Dave did 8 months because he did cooperate, it is really that simple. I had 3 friends who were also my defendants and flatly refused to cooperate, one of them, Renée Boje, became very vocal about her noncooperation, as to some of us, cooperation was not a path we could ethically take. I showed up on time to self-surrender for a five year sentence, stoned while wearing a suit. I was not about to compromise my integrity in anyway whatsoever. Prison was nothing but boring and I've never regretted facing it like a man and not trying to squirm out of it as so many cowards do.

As I listen to this I feel that Dave did nothing more than study Frank's manual and color a fantastic fantasy of his involvement around it. Dave wants credit for work he did not do and had nothing to do with. The reality is that Dave was an 18 year old boy when Frank was busted in 1990 with no growing experience. Which is too funny considering the hours of detailed bullshit I sat through back in Amsterdam listening to Dave's total bullshit stories of being in the grow - all lies! And now I hear I met Frank's daughter Missy, as she says she met me! Which is also a total lie! Fuck these fucking fucks - seed and credit stealing pieces of shit. I think they were just on Adam's show looking for a publisher - that was an info-mercial and not much more.

As for OGK, yesterday I met Josh - on instagram as @TheRealOGKushStory - who new the name behind the nickname of the guy who gave it to me and informed me of who it was that wanted me to have OGK and I was extremely touched, he showed me a photo of the brother who is now deceased and I almost cried. That brother was an admirer of my activism and extended his kindness to me by having a common friend give me OGK. He passed away 10 years ago but before he did, he re-gifted me the plant upon my release from prison. I am honored to have been given the plant and I appreciate the love that was behind it.

J

johnjohnn

DAVE NEVER SAID HE MET FRANK.

sorry for the caps but you keep spouting this bs everywhere as some kind of proof of him lying.

Dave never said he worked as an apprentice for Frank. His story was admittedly (and now understandably) vague, but basically it consistented of him going around and collecting seeds after certain grows were busted, and holding on to those seeds. At no time did he claim to have any more involvement than that, the stories he told on the show were largely about Franks original crew, stories that we now know were relayed from his daughter (who he was protecting with yes, some justifiable lies), and Franks book.

Frank's own daughter literally just said 90% of his story was true. You keep refuting points and facts which were never made or claimed.

as for dave ratting on you, prove it? not just talk, actual proof. if you're going to throw around such accusations, surely the burdens on you not the reader? maybe you did more time because you're the poster boy for mj prohibition and the gov wanted to send a message?

Last edited:
HEMPxxx

HEMPxxx

John, Dave has been saying since the beginning of my meeting him in 1996, that he worked directly under Frank, ask Arjan, or Shantibaba (Scott) if you can, he said the seeds came from Frank and never mentioned that the truth was that Frank's daughter gave him some stolen seeds. The fact that Dave has no personal contact with Frank proves that everything Dave is saying is nothing but fantasy.

I also went back and listened to Dave's fairy tail again, and heard Dave admit to telling the DEA about the "Laurel Canyon House", Dave clearly explains that he "told the DEA to pull back the carpet in the garage..." when the DEA came back to him and told him that his information was no good because they did not find signs of a grow - have a listen yourself:

He admits to cooperating at 1:38:00

As for the evening of July 29th, 1997, the evening I was raided, I know that Dave was not coming to my house to have dinner with Woody, who was in Australia, and Jack freaking Nicholson. I now think Dave came with the DEA who was waiting down the street if you really want to know what I feel. Now that I know in Dave's own words that Dave turned in Peter McWilliams Laurel Canyon home, I think Dave did a LOT MORE cooperating than is making it onto YouTube.

HEMPxxx

HEMPxxx

Here is a 1999 LA Times story about the man who lived in the "Laurel Canyon house" that Dave so proudly turned in:

Peter McWilliams passed away before the government could put him in prison.

If it were not for Adam Dunn making a backhanded cynical comment, I don't think Dave would have admitted to cooperating with the DEA in such a detailed fashion as he did, but Dave is that stupid and quick to tell on even himself.

So thank you Adam– as you just accidentally uncovered a lot of understanding to a very difficult time in my life. As in his own words, Dave talks about cooperating with the DEA and even getting return phone calls from them when his information was proving useless; good to know...

Hearing Dave confess in his own words is more proof than I could have ever imagined.

J

johnjohnn

Still no proof. You say in the communication with his daughter you have proof he ratted on you directly, so why are you holding it back? You're angry that he admitted to the grow house that he was running? After two guys ratted him out you wanted him to be loyal to them?

You went around saying everything dave was saying is fabricated lies, EVERYTHING. Not just something he heard from someone who heard from you. The important details of the story are Frank Gegax, what he was doing, and the potential origins of OG. You continue to spread the direct bullshit that he said he met frank.....again....he said he didnt even know of him until AFTER he went to prison, so how would he have met him then? The info got to him while Frank was in prison obviously, the missing piece was it came through his daughter. 90% of his story was true, the details about you are barely relevant to anyone other than you, and him.

Last edited:
HEMPxxx

HEMPxxx

Still no proof? WHATTHEFUCKAREYOUTALKINGABOUT?

You can HEAR Dave saying that he told the DEA about the Lauren Canyon House - not only was it Peter's 2nd home, it was where I lived before and after moving from Bel Air, as I lived in the Laurel Canyon house from 2/1998 until 11/1998. I was also charged with building the grow on in the Laurel Canyon house.

Dave is saying a lot when he admits to telling the DEA about the Laurel Canyon house and then giving them more information to bolster his claims. Dave is talking about the DEA calling him back when his information was no good! Dave was so cool with the DEA that he took their phone calls and continued to cooperate.

The true time line is that we were not charged with a conspiracy until July 23, 1998, but Peter's two Laurel Canyon homes were raided twice before then. Now in Dave's own words we hear that he sent the DEA to the house because they didn't charge him with that one? And when they did not find the grow, the DEA CALLED DAVE BACK and he gave them further information to look deeper.

The irony is that there was a generator in the garage at the Laurel Canyon house, but it was for the houses backup, Peter was wealthy and had a lot of computers. But unfortunately LA had a mild earthquake in early 1998 and it caused the exhaust to shift slightly and when the generator came on for its weekly charging, it caused a fire in the garage and out it went. So there was in fact a generator in the garage when Dave visited me there before I moved to Bel Air, but it was never used for cultivating Cannabis. I am absolutely blown away to hear that Dave thought the generator in the garage was for the grow– because he is literally that stupid.

OGK has and had NOTHING to do with Frank's grow, nothing to do with Dave and that is truly the bottom line.

J

johnjohnn

at first you said dave directly ratted you out, now you're yelling that he admitted to his grow house. you surely see the difference? i'm not saying he's not a rat or whatever, but you haven't provided any solid proof, proof you claim in your correspondence with franks daughter, that you have.

all you know about OGK is that you got it from a guy 6 years after chemdog got his genetics. cmon man....

because i have major respect for you i'll stop, i just feel you're blinded by (your justifiable) hatred of dave

HEMPxxx

HEMPxxx

John - Dave did NOT ADMIT TO TURNING IN HIS OWN GROW HOUSE!

Dave admits to turning in Peter's house on Mannix Drive in Laurel Canyon, which ironically, Dave DID NOT SET UP, HE VISITED THE HOUSE IN JANUARY, 1997, and he saw that I was growing in the garage and saw the generator and obviously thought the two were connected. The DEA NEVER found plants in Peter's possession, but obviously thought that Peter was growing due to Dave's own admission of cooperation. Up till now I always wondered why they went back and looked at Peter's house the second time, well, now I know that they got extended information from Dave Richards and that's why they returned to the house the second time.

I can't say that I really hate anybody, I actually find this all interesting. As a plant that had nothing to do with my bust, ends up being a vehicle of truth almost 2 decades later. Thank you OG Kush! This has been a puzzle to me and to think that 18 years later the puzzle pieces would finally come together with a slip of an admission on a YouTube radio show– just blows me away.

Last edited:
J

johnjohnn

He definitely said that when he got popped that was the only grow he was responsible for, but if what you say is true then he's definitely a liar when it comes to that at least. Doesn't change the stories about Gegax but that does sound fucked, for sure man.

HEMPxxx

HEMPxxx

Fucked for sure! I got chills when I heard Dave say that he told the DEA about Peter's Laurel Canyon home, as it means Dave was cooperating with the DEA as early as October and November of 1997, because, as Dave says, Peter was raided twice; the first time, in December 1997 and then the second time in Jan 98, 1 month later. Peter, Dave and the rest of us were not charged in the conspiracy until July 23, 1998, which means that Dave was cooperating, by his own admission, long before he was even indicted.

I am so glad that you asked for proof as I had not even listened to Adam's whole show because it was so nauseating. I can not believe I missed Dave's own admission of cooperating with the DEA. Thank you John!

HEMPxxx

HEMPxxx

Hey guys - look here, if this is correct, ol Frank Gegax didn't know much about growing, so much for him being a master breeder as depicted in Dave's imagination:

"Yerger said he helped Gegax build an underground marijuana nursery and seed the first crop. "When the first crop began to grow out of control--plants growing as high as the ceiling--I told Frank that I had a friend that might be able to help," Yerger said.

The friend--David Duanne Larson, 28, of Lake Havasu, Ariz.--had years of experience growing marijuana in Lake Tahoe, Yerger testified.

Larson also has testified, saying he was brought in as "a good caretaker of the business . . . somebody to manage the growth operation."

Larson said he taught other defendants, including Gegax, how to distinguish between male and female marijuana plants and oversaw six harvests.

In 1990, Larson said, he moved to Mohave Valley to begin development of a 10,000-square-foot operation under a house with nine basement rooms for plants."

FULL TEXT:

Trial Resumes in Marijuana Farms Case : Courts: Proceedings were delayed while the defendant, accused of a multimillion-dollar operation, recovered from a car crash.
May 30, 1991|Special to The Times
The trial of Lancaster contractor Frank Edward Gegax on charges that he built large underground marijuana farms beneath desert houses in California and Arizona resumed Wednesday after Gegax recovered sufficiently from a traffic accident.

Gegax, 48, suffered a deep ankle cut and head cuts when his car hit a bridge abutment May 21 as he drove from Lancaster to his federal court trial in Prescott, Ariz.

He was hospitalized in Prescott for four days and is still receiving treatment for head injuries, said his lawyer, Allen Kyman of Phoenix.

U.S. District Court Judge Paul Rosenblatt granted a defense motion last week to continue the trial to Wednesday to allow Gegax time to recover.

pixel.gif

Gegax, owner of KMG Construction in Lancaster, had been free on $400,000 bond. But he was jailed following his release from the hospital when his father-in-law, who had posted property as collateral for the bond, asked that it be withdrawn, Kyman said.

Gegax pleaded innocent in November to one count of conspiracy to distribute marijuana and two counts of possession of marijuana for purposes of sale. He was accused of masterminding a marijuana-growing ring after federal and local law enforcement officers raided an underground plantation east of Lancaster and two others in Mohave Valley, Ariz.

Officers seized about 20,000 marijuana plants worth $50 million, a sophisticated underground nursery containing sunlamps that cost $500 each, and a sprinkler system that kept the marijuana watered.

The plantation bunkers were capable of producing $75 million to $150 million worth of plants a year, officials said.

Although 14 people originally were charged, Gegax is the sole defendant in the trial that began May 14. The others--except for Roger Miller of New York City, who is still at large--pleaded guilty to conspiracy and marijuana possession charges under agreements with the prosecution that they would testify against Gegax.

Richard (Rick) Yerger, 28, of Long Beach has already testified that Gegax persuaded him to buy a Lancaster house to be turned into a marijuana farm.

Yerger told the court that in 1984 he began working with Gegax in Palmdale to learn the plumbing trade. Two years later, Yerger said, Gegax asked him to buy the Lancaster home in Yerger's name.

"He said he wanted to grow marijuana underground," Yerger said, adding that he agreed to buy the home.

Yerger said he helped Gegax build an underground marijuana nursery and seed the first crop. "When the first crop began to grow out of control--plants growing as high as the ceiling--I told Frank that I had a friend that might be able to help," Yerger said.

The friend--David Duanne Larson, 28, of Lake Havasu, Ariz.--had years of experience growing marijuana in Lake Tahoe, Yerger testified.

Larson also has testified, saying he was brought in as "a good caretaker of the business . . . somebody to manage the growth operation."

Larson said he taught other defendants, including Gegax, how to distinguish between male and female marijuana plants and oversaw six harvests.

In 1990, Larson said, he moved to Mohave Valley to begin development of a 10,000-square-foot operation under a house with nine basement rooms for plants.

pixel.gif

Both Yerger and Larson still face a mandatory seven years in prison as part of their pleas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom