The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SinCity

SinCity

i'm just gonna say one more thing--well, two more things. because geography is geography is geography and history is history (and peoples' bullshit is peoples' bullshit). Kush was a kingdom that arose about 1000 BC in the southern region of the Nile. they were eventually conquered by the Egyptians. The Kush people are also known as Nubians, and they live in what is now called Sudan.

The Hindu Kush is an entirely separate thing. The Hindu Kush is a range of mountains running across what is now Afghanistan and Pakistan. The Hindu Kush is also known in Sanskrit as Pāriyātra Parvata and in Ancient Greek as the Caucasus Indicus.

Just sayin'.

Seeds in bags. That's probably best.

Youtube link cause their site is a little slow...

SinCity

SinCity

that's just about the best response to this strain lunacy i've ever heard. thank you.

ooohhhh, now i know why you're saying that about strains...it's a good attitude, but for all the wrong reasons man...

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I'm sorry but I just can't. This kid is actually claiming to have bred OG. I can not, will not, allow that kind of bullshit. Dude, that is just not ok. If you ACTUALLY think that about yourself, well, there just aren't enough adults around I guess. Do you really think your the first generation to breed pot strains? REALLY???
Ummm, who are you talking to???

SinCity

SinCity

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Whats your opinion on where the original og kush came from?

My 'opinion' is that OG was one parent strain and Kush (which was long named Hindu Kush) was another, separate, parent strain from the same geographic locale. (I'm on board with not saying where geographically these parent strains were themselves originally bred). Admittedly, OG as a name was not necessarily that genotype's 'original' name. 'Kush' had always been 'Hindu Kush' and that name was never changed. It was shortened to Kush when the cross was bred. They were bred together in a long process to come up with a true genetic cross that was stable in phenotypical expression. That's my 'opinion' on where the 'original' OG Kush came from.

SinCity

SinCity

Its fun to have a comparative genetic profile, but you are left with which OG resembles the next OG, results speak less to origin and achieves relatives. I'm fascinated with the folklore pointing to a Pakistani plant used in the OG Kush when structure, terpene and affect point to Afghanistan.

I can't stand it. I have to say something. Please. For God's sake, go google 'kush' right now. Oh my god. Where are your parents?!?!?!

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

My 'opinion' is that OG was one parent strain and Kush (which was long named Hindu Kush) was another, separate, parent strain from the same geographic locale. (I'm on board with not saying where geographically these parent strains were themselves originally bred). Admittedly, OG as a name was not necessarily that genotype's 'original' name. 'Kush' had always been 'Hindu Kush' and that name was never changed. It was shortened to Kush when the cross was bred. They were bred together in a long process to come up with a true genetic cross that was stable in phenotypical expression. That's my 'opinion' on where the 'original' OG Kush came from.

This speculation has a pretty major hole blown in it by the fact that most CA folks recall it circulating under the name "The Kush" long before it became known as "OG Kush" to differentiate it from the fakes that followed.

W

wasgedn

its just og for original kush....original mean in that case...bubba crew og kush..
i believe josh d tory...and karma genetics too supposedly cause he did a joh d line..
watch hash church 52
legendary....
bubba and josh speaking..
sam skunk too..and others..

W

wasgedn

but we got a lot of more landrace kush which not from hindu...
pvk e.g

sry should have done all in one comment

E

Elsydro

The weed from Nepal to my knowledge was saty looking but actually Indica dom plants, considered by some to be one of the most potent smokes on the planet!! I read somewhere that bodhi's Nepali OG was actually Tahoe .......???!! Dunno how true that is but it maybe explains why he calls it an OG in the 1st place!
Yes I’d read a few books about smugglers going to Nepal, one said there were chem like phenos to be found in Nepal, but who the hell really knows!

E

Elsydro

I've heard about high cbd strains..but I knkw1 nothing about em. And with my patients..I dont see a need. But sure as shit there is one. Have you or any other caregiver out there smoked a high cbd strain? What's it like? I know its more for medical but non psycho active relief. But Iam still curious as to what the strains are like in effect and/or taste?
Depends, harsher, taste way leaguer and somewhat cherry for almost all the ones I’ve had, my girl like rubicon and harlequin, harlequin was kind of sweet I remember but still kind of leafy I find cbd is way better for edibles and topical as cbd too much can cause me to have some not fun psychoactive effects like anxiety, so if I do cbd which I am medical, I ONLY GO 2 THC-1 CBD and that’s for medical purposes only!

E

Elsydro

The member whom you seek went by the handle of ghost1 back in the day of overgrow. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the ghost og cut was purchased by ghost from orginkid for a stupid amount and he passed it out I know orginkid has a insta
You are correct it’s was $5K and like a couple of pounds to boot!

Top Bottom