The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Judaz

Judaz

And the shape of the leaves were like footballs. Very oval finger leaves and the bottom two leaves were straight across. Very thick leaves with a Greasy sheen on the top sides of all the leaves. Woody stem.

That’s the myth story that goes around. The real Og kush came from Florida. It’s been backed up by many already. Whenever I hear this story, I think of someone writing fairytales. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure there were cuts going around from s1 seeds but not the legendary Og kush clone that we refer to, the one made famous in LA. It has no lemon terps. And the plant structure is not a short plant either. Seems to me you are describing more of the Larry OG type of pheno

Judaz

Judaz

The plant looks like this. While it can express itself in different ways depending on environment. Most quality Og cuts tend to have more of a sativa like structure versus an indica plant structure. The serations of the leaf blades are very defined. The leaf has a strong odor in itself. If your rub the branch it should also produce a strong odor that signifies, this is quality. The nug structure is dense indica like. Could be round or cone shaped. Depends on the environment. The smell is earthy, pungent,sweet. Has a very rich flavor and taste. If you look at the TK cut or the sky walker cut, they look more like this and grow and stretch like a sativa. They thrive in humid environments but are prone to pm. Very sensitive plant but once you dial her in, she can produce up to 3.5 pounds per light.

E9B92AA3 AB79 4E5B 9AB4 A74802AEBD28
Oregonbus

Oregonbus

That’s the myth story that goes around. The real Og kush came from Florida. It’s been backed up by many already. Whenever I hear this story, I think of someone writing fairytales. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure there were cuts going around from s1 seeds but not the legendary Og kush clone that we refer to, the one made famous in LA. It has no lemon terps. And the plant structure is not a short plant either. Seems to me you are describing more of the Larry OG type of pheno
Interesting......im not exactly sure which strain I had but I believe it was from the cross mentioned in the story. And as far as the OG without the lemon Terps. Is that the og that apothecary has ? AP kush. It used to be listed as a chemdog S1 by seedsman. Seems like it. 4 bills for 10 seeds. Many thanks for the info and feedback.

BigCube

BigCube

Yeah, words are easy to type and say. Facts are harder to prove.
I reserve my judgment until I see something resembling evidence.

So funny now how I see people claiming strains that have been around for so long.
I believe nothing without proof.

Besides OG kush has to be one of the shittiest kushes around. 🤭

Judaz

Judaz

Interesting......im not exactly sure which strain I had but I believe it was from the cross mentioned in the story. And as far as the OG without the lemon Terps. Is that the og that apothecary has ? AP kush. It used to be listed as a chemdog S1 by seedsman. Seems like it. 4 bills for 10 seeds. Many thanks for the info and feedback.

This Og I’m referring to exists as a clone only cut. There are no seeds and if there were seeds then it would be most the brothers and sisters that carry the name og. All S1 phenos that have been derived out the clone only cut through self pollination methods. Atleast the older ones that are 10-15 years old. Nowadays anyone adds the og to their strain as a marketing scheme. It’s been diluted

Oregonbus

Oregonbus

The plant looks like this. While it can express itself in different ways depending on environment. Most quality Og cuts tend to have more of a sativa like structure versus an indica plant structure. The serations of the leaf blades are very defined. The leaf has a strong odor in itself. If your rub the branch it should also produce a strong odor that signifies, this is quality. The nug structure is dense indica like. Could be round or cone shaped. Depends on the environment. The smell is earthy, pungent,sweet. Has a very rich flavor and taste. If you look at the TK cut or the sky walker cut, they look more like this and grow and stretch like a sativa. They thrive in humid environments but are prone to pm. Very sensitive plant but once you dial her in, she can produce up to 3.5 pounds per light.
The only way I can truly identify is if you send a clone. Lol joking. No the plant Im talking about is nothing like your clone. The plant Im talking about had shorter finger leaves, evergreen color, thick leaves, and the bottom two leaves were short and tge middle veins went straight across( like how a thai leaf is. And the tops of the leaves were very greasy. Like a sheen of oil. The plant you have looks like p bud mike on IG Chemdog D where it has the hindu kush in it. The plant I had was all chemdog quality and lemony funk, thick lemon like a high quality lemon car wax, but grew like the A1 afghani. Short textbook indica. The only plant Ive ever seen since with that oily sheen is the member og I have right now from Ethos genetics. And they say they have something called the 1992 og kush which ironically might be the OG Florida cut. I thought I read somewhere. Peace.

Oregonbus

Oregonbus

Yeah, words are easy to type and say. Facts are harder to prove.
I reserve my judgment until I see something resembling evidence.

So funny now how I see people claiming strains that have been around for so long.
I believe nothing without proof.

Besides OG kush has to be one of the shittiest kushes around. 🤭
Facts are facts and genetics dont lie so if there is someone who had the same plant as me they would say yea to what Im describing. I realize there are people who lie online about weed and watever else but I have no reason to lie. Its all about the weed with me. My names not on here and Im not trying to sell anything. And by the way. The only people Ive ever heard say og kush came from Florida, were from Florida lol. Thanks for the feedback. Peace

Judaz

Judaz

The only way I can truly identify is if you send a clone. Lol joking. No the plant Im talking about is nothing like your clone. The plant Im talking about had shorter finger leaves, evergreen color, thick leaves, and the bottom two leaves were short and tge middle veins went straight across( like how a thai leaf is. And the tops of the leaves were very greasy. Like a sheen of oil. The plant you have looks like p bud mike on IG Chemdog D where it has the hindu kush in it. The plant I had was all chemdog quality and lemony funk, thick lemon like a high quality lemon car wax, but grew like the A1 afghani. Short textbook indica. The only plant Ive ever seen since with that oily sheen is the member og I have right now from Ethos genetics. And they say they have something called the 1992 og kush which ironically might be the OG Florida cut. I thought I read somewhere. Peace.

Would be nice if you can link up some pics to these other posts with pictures. I’m curious to see what it looks like. The Larry cut looks like this.
94C08787 44E6 4BA8 86F5 D5204AA5F44B

A0C88796 B787 44DD B12F 0127BBCA60E8

BigCube

BigCube

I have pictures of plants I grew almost 30 years ago, I logged them too, but never kept the logs for more than a year or so.
Hell I have a book that has a pressed fan leaf from a plant I grew 20 years ago. I'm not a breeder, but if I was, I would have pictures and logs from those days, it would be the easiest thing in the world to prove.

Date the paper, date the ink. Come to a consensus as to the authenticity of the claim. Without anything approaching that level of evidence, all you have is words from people.

Judaz

Judaz

I have pictures of plants I grew almost 30 years ago, I logged them too, but never kept the logs for more than a year or so.
Hell I have a book that has a pressed fan leaf from a plant I grew 20 years ago. I'm not a breeder, but if I was, I would have pictures and logs from those days, it would be the easiest thing in the world to prove.

Date the paper, date the ink. Come to a consensus as to the authenticity of the claim. Without anything approaching that level of evidence, all you have is words from people.

I’ve personally been working with this clone for 20 years. My boy got it back in late 99. I was his apprentice growing it. He finally gave it to me in 2003 after managing his grow spots for some time. But I’ve been working with it since 99. I got it from the guy who taught me how to grow indoors. He was an electrician and also a music producer and was linked up with B-real and that whole scene. We got the cut from his boy Kenji (https://twitter.com/killdrama?lang=en) who gave him the cut. He also knew Josh as well as he had setup some electrical work on his rooms. He was responsible for doing the electrical work of many of the underground growers of back in the day. He knew how to tap and that was how they would stay under the radar from the cops and the department of water and power. Back then the story was it came from Florida before any of this surfaced today with the Adam Dunn show. It was only passed around to a select group because they controlled the market and the demand was high and it was the kush back then. In LA OG refers to "original". You are OG when you are original with something. But OG means original gangster. And was termed OG Kush to differentiate it from all the new Kushes that were emerging back then. I’m from the San Fernando Valley and know many of the pioneers who started the first dispensaries and were linked up in the game. I was 21 in 99 and most these dudes that pioneered this game were like 5-6 years older than me. Plus if you go back on the history of this thread you'll see I'm responsible for tying lots of the information here on the original OG kush topic.

Last edited:
Judaz

Judaz

@BigCube Some proof for the real Og kush clone only strain...Back in 2013 before people found ways to manipulate THC % in testing, the original OG Kush clone only strains tested for its THC profile it registered at 24%

Screen Shot 2019 11 08 at 102521 AM

When I tested the buds I did on a commercial grow of mine in 2015 using rockwool and with no intention of trying to raise THC and just wanted to see how my avg grow would perform. and I didn't even give it time to cure. a week after drying took a sample and sent it to the lab THC. it came back at 24.02%. CBD could have been a little bit higher if cured properly imo.The original og kush clone only strain has a consistent THC profile in the 24% range and CBD less than 1%. If you don't know what you are doing you prob score 20% THC. If you've mastered it 24%+

Thc og

Screen Shot 2019 11 08 at 104211 AM

Screen Shot 2019 11 08 at 103255 AM

Last edited:
Judaz

Judaz

I dont get it. Proves what?

That I have the legendary Og kush clone. Based on my history and relationships with the group of people that made the original cut popular in LA and that the testing done on the flower of the clone is in correlation to what other reputable sources have tested it and described it as. Obviously you can take it all with a grain of salt and say that I’m a bullshitter and making all of this up. But I know what’s true and I know what I have and at the end of the day that’s all that matters to me. Wether others want to believe me or not is up to them but I’m just here writing what I know about the history and origin of the original cut

Judaz

Judaz

@BigCube seems like you have also been growing for a while. Any old genetics you holding on to?

BigCube

BigCube

@BigCube seems like you have also been growing for a while. Any old genetics you holding on to?

No, I wish. Had a span of about 10 years where I couldn't grow. I was out of the country. I had some nice Hawaiian stuff back then, some orginal skunk too. But sadly I havent been in one place long enough till recently to hold anything longer than a couple years.

BigCube

BigCube

That I have the legendary Og kush clone. Based on my history and relationships with the group of people that made the original cut popular in LA and that the testing done on the flower of the clone is in correlation to what other reputable sources have tested it and described it as. Obviously you can take it all with a grain of salt and say that I’m a bullshitter and making all of this up. But I know what’s true and I know what I have and at the end of the day that’s all that matters to me. Wether others want to believe me or not is up to them but I’m just here writing what I know about the history and origin of the original cut

Oh I dont doubt you do. That's not what I was asking g for proof of though. 😆

the rrock

the rrock

my first og kush came from socal(the real deal) although the hindu kush I got from sensi(catalog) in 79 was still the strongest pot me or anyone i sharerd with had ever smoked.

Judaz

Judaz

Oh I dont doubt you do. That's not what I was asking g for proof of though. 😆

lol. What you mean by proof then? What kind of proof stamped pictures with dates? dont know who prob would before forums were invented and back then it was more like the less you have that can tie you to growing the better. So most of us never kept anything that could have been incriminating. Now that it’s legal here Cali it’s not a problem. Working with licensed establishments gives me the freedom to say whatever the hell I want.

BigCube

BigCube

I'm not asking you for proof. I thought we were talking about the original guy who first bread OG kush.

Judaz

Judaz

I'm not asking you for proof. I thought we were talking about the original guy who first bread OG kush.

got ya. I guess we have to take that for what it is. For me it’s the time factor. Being around those people and hearing those stories back in 1999. Matt claims that he wasn’t the one who created the cut but part of a small click who popped a seed he found in a sack in the early 90’s. So who knows what the true origins really are. The only thing I can vouche for is being in the growing game around those times and knowing what was being talked about in the streets. And knowing what was being sold for 8000+ a pound and $600 an oz and relating it to that cut that I have.

In the early 90’s I got to sample some
of the best cannabis in my life. Those skunks and indica/sativa hybrids that were going around from all the crossing of land race strains of the best indica and sativa genetics. Something that got lost until today where most the crap out there is fruity and mixed with Dutch genetics. Not a fan of today’s Cannabis even with all those exotics going around. Every time I taste a new one I pass on those genetics and appreciate the og cut I have even more. It’s just got that smell and taste that’s has old school written all over it. Taking me back to
those early 90’’s moments where I had the chance to sample some of the finest cannabis ever produced. I kick myself in the ass for losing a few good cuts I had back then picked up from sacks that I grew outdoors in my backyard. My boy who started growing in the late 70’s in the local mountains here in so cal l, tells me all these great stories of Thai sticks and all these other skunks he had the chance to sample. When I showed him the cut and he sampled the weed, he told me don’t lose this because it’s special. Clearly then I knew I could never lose any strain like this again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom