The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
midwestdensies

midwestdensies

D
The only part of the story I find hard to believe, is the fact he won't grow now and that he still has the original building blocks...

Sensi seeds has a fruity juice and a hashplant seedline.. I know hey lost the original genetics but if anyone was curious to see if the whole afghan/Thai x hashplant thing is a remote possibility.. Or perhaps someone has them preserved seeds from the 90s?

Only way we will ever know is if he remakes ogk, or someone has his genetics from the 90s...
Dankest herb I've EVER smoked was hash plant it came from a crew of kids that had something similar to Rks or something strait skunk. Bloomington Indiana. The hash plant exuded every quality he said. It was 50$, 1 bud 1/8th (all I ever got) it had every color with a rainbow appearance and tasted fucking insane. Interesting if that was in og.

true grit

true grit

So can someone lay down a summary? Spoilers please, i dont have time to listen to it all

FWIW a well connected homie of mine thats been in the game forever swears they were pulling OG "like" phenotypes outta different kush crosses in late 80's. Im curious to hear what the magic mix is

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

a couple things come to mind that say's david richards is telling a true story

#1 and foremost to most folks.....frank gegax had a huge operation that got shutdown circa 91.....chem,og,kgb,xmas bud all either went extinct or were found as bag seed around 91

#2... the thc leap that was referred as a high of 16% that all of a sudden was in the 20%+ range.....

#3...this one is a bit more personal... i grew a og hybrid a bit ago that was all og in form yet turned a dull brick red in a warm room....when i ran a sample through my gc...it had a large spike in thcv...i figured it must be a og crossed with a durban or something similar until the comment regarding the hash plant being red with high thcv....hmmmm

bottom line... i think this cat may be for real

fwiw

B

blaze 1

Either way i enjoyed the story.. lets only hope its all true right... i was cracking up thinking about woody harrelson and jack nicholson in this mansion filled with plants i had to google both those 2 big bust and i was surprised ive never came across them before in my searches online also cool to hear about the amsterdam days

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
IMG 8033
IMG 8032

urban1026835

urban1026835

which one is he saying is the truth @delae632 I would think the 1st since they mention the OGERS & somewhere in my mind i have the orgnkid and the ogers cut being intertwined

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
which one is he saying is the truth @delae632 I would think the 1st since they mention the OGERS & somewhere in my mind i have the orgnkid and the ogers cut being intertwined

No clue. He didn't elaborate. That's all that's been posted so far.

urban1026835

urban1026835

No clue. He didn't elaborate. That's all that's been posted so far.
I purposely deleted any FB accounts and never had IG/twitter etc so please let us know if anything that adds to the the LEGEND that is OG is posted up by any of the key players like Orgnkid and such.

20kwDreamer

20kwDreamer

so the dude says the bubba cut hermd and hit up the kush cut and thats where bubba kush came from. whats the bubba cut? wish they asked that.

Bubba I believe is a Grapefruit pheno but I might be totally wrong. Shiet, wish Overgrow was archived somewhere.

urban1026835

urban1026835

most of it is archived....how about a lot of it is, most is probably an overstatement

SpiderK

SpiderK

yawn , shut it down after two minutes .......

we had the " first " seed companies dropping landrace " kush " from asia in seed form back in the 80-90's doc'd. also see pine tar',pure, l.a. affy,bubba, ect ......, then u have org kids famous but never talked about " S1 " drop outta' overgrow...... then all the different og names started up .....

then we have peeps running around talking t.k. as the first " og " all of a sudden the last few months, years. then you have the guy who dropped " t.k. " saying in 2007 he spoke with the dude and its a three way cross w/ thai & kush/kush ( pine tar ) but all the insiders / buddies never passed on this info. t.k. was the original ......... and is it funny now 98% of the peeps dropping t.k. pics do not match the original pics, even breeders ..... !!!!

so many S1's running around now louie III'th, or the other 25 .... when does the b.s. stop ?

Last edited:
manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
I'd have to agree. At least 75% of the TK making the rounds these days are not the real TK. S1 maybe, but not the original cut...

As far as this story, sounds legit.. or it could all be BS. Doesn't really matter as it still just brings it back to bag seed. It doesn't shine light on the actual lineage..

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
I have no clue in the order of which came first the chicken or the egg. Ive grown all the major og cuts and TK from ricky and my personal opinion is TK has more flavor and more power when dialed in. a few others tend to agree. some dont. I agree a ton of pics and descriptions I hear from breeders dont sound like the TK I knew. No one claims theirs as an s1. A lot have argued with me they have the real deal cause krome passed it to them and he wouldnt give them an s1.. I asked krome for someone once if the cut he passed was the s1 or true cut and his response was he never passed the real cut.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
I'd have to agree. At least 75% of the TK making the rounds these days are not the real TK. S1 maybe, but not the original cut...

As far as this story, sounds legit.. or it could all be BS. Doesn't really matter as it still just brings it back to bag seed. It doesn't shine light on the actual lineage..

if Im not mistaken I believe dave said it should be Hashplant/thai /afghani

editd to add. like I said I know florida herb scene pretty well from miami to gainesville. dont know shit about cali but a lot in that show matches up to things I knew. or have heard.

SpiderK

SpiderK

but one issue .....

the " og " craz' hit cali first in a big way and stayed that way. all the og heads popped in on raskals threads, swerv, the clone passing back in the day by docta east/west ect .......

not one peep about fla ...... until t.k. ok ill buy that. great clone only from another state sure. and we found out it was a kush / thai cross so be it.

but noooooooo way can u take that any further in regards of source. the cali scene was it from the 60's-80's boel, even if some relocated your talking one or two special plants leaving cali, but still it was born in cali in some way shape or form.

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

gainesville green has been talked about. i know tga/sub had access at one point bmr might have some gainsville green blood he gifted bog those seeds from moonbeam'..... just a dank plant like we called everything kind bud back in the day.

but not sure if fla. was the launching point for og kush.

but the thing i find very interesting is the fact cali ( boel ) & fla underground breeders were crossing thai w/ kush ( indica's ) ..... or haze' so it seems many peeps thinking the same way !!! so really, who knows who else did the same and what un named tightly held shit produced what .....

Top Bottom