The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
gainesville green has been talked about. i know tga had access at one point bmr might have some blood gifted bog those seeds from moonbeam'..... just a dank plant like we called everything kind bud back in the day.

Ive had what they call gainesville green back in the day. buds where more a spear shape. lime green with what looked like neon orange hairs. Ive talked to a few old cats that ran commercial plots in the swamp and they had no clue what it was made of. heard lots of different ideas on it. my personal experience the only thing that came close to what I remember was micanopy moonbeam.

edited. I lived in gainesville area for 5 years and trust me I tried my ass off to get to know everyone I could that was an oldtimer there that smoked.

lived in Orlando from 96 to 2001 as well. I dont know everything thats for sure. but ive grown and smoked all over this state and have a knack of making friends with much older cats. get em high and they talk for hours lol

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

This show backs my theory that this bud does come from original skunk. The timeline makes sense for both chem and og to have been s1 seeds of what was dubbed skunk, or rasta skunk. Really if you smoked roadkill then it's easy to see the relation between sour d, chem, og and skunk.

Secondly this has me thinking that some true breeding not just selfing og needs to be done to see what else is in her and help define the parents.

urban1026835

urban1026835

but one issue .....

the " og " craz' hit cali first in a big way and stayed that way. all the og heads popped in on raskals threads, swerv, the clone passing back in the day by docta ect .......

not one peep about fla ...... until t.k. ok ill buy that. great clone only from another state sure. and we found out it was a kush / thai cross so be it.

but noooooooo way can u take that any further in regards of source. the cali scene was it from the 60's-80's boel, even if some relocated your talking one or two special plants leaving cali, but still it was born in cali in some way shape or form.
Isn't that pretty much what the second guy was claiming?? He says socal is where he is from and these underground bunkers were westward so if the ogkush was actually a breeding project from the crazy numbers these guys were working with then yes the OG would have had nothing to do with florida.

That was the 2nd version of events and much much longer in explanation. You would have had to listened to the entire thing though and not shut it down after 2 minutes.

anyways really I dont care no horse/profit/fame in it for me, just some bored guy who likes the canna info is all.

sorry if I mispoke somewhere along the way.

PS. I do realize i am a little out of my league with present company but hey that's what akes the internet and growing great.

E

E.T.

don't get Dunn'd...

In the past six months they have created lineages for all sorts of plants. Dunn's made a bunch of hybrids cause his mom knows some peeps and hooks him up with elite cuts but the cat knows very little about actually breeding. So they like to make the story good for them, for selling seeds.

afghani x hawaiian?....sounds like nl5?
thcv in og?....

if it looks like it and smells like it.....call it what it is
...a story

SpiderK

SpiderK

ya i think micanopy moonbeam was born from a cross of gainsville green , then sub got it .... and passed it. Bog / BMR

SpiderK

SpiderK

sorry i was wrong ....

..... " The name Bluemoon came from me and was given to one of the plants of the first run. Subcool and I crossed a Micanopie Moonbeam with a male from a pack of Blueberry we had gotten from VicHigh. The first run only a few came up so while investigating the cups I ran across a seed that had germed and went the wrong way. I re-potted the shoot and it took off. The resulting plant was as strong a flavor of blueberry as we had ever encountered, a "once in a bluemoon" plant it was. This plant was cloned and re-crossed with the original father. The resulting plants were uniform in structure and taste. Subby and I gifted BOG with the beans, he in turn created BMR and theres where the multi pheno's came from. Great to see our work is still in progress. " ... ... ( Tommy Mag'-2010 )

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
but one issue .....

the " og " craz' hit cali first in a big way and stayed that way. all the og heads popped in on raskals threads, swerv, the clone passing back in the day by docta east/west ect .......

not one peep about fla ...... until t.k. ok ill buy that. great clone only from another state sure. and we found out it was a kush / thai cross so be it.

but noooooooo way can u take that any further in regards of source. the cali scene was it from the 60's-80's boel, even if some relocated your talking one or two special plants leaving cali, but still it was born in cali in some way shape or form.

the term OG came from cali for sure. Now I smoked shit that reminds me of OG back in the day and heard the term kush reffered to but always thought it was some hindu or master till I grew those out myself and knew it wasnt even close. pre 91 most pot here didnt have a name. unless you were with older cats that bred or got seeds from the old catalogs. I happen to be lucky and have a family member that grew in the swamp commercial from 72 thru 93. now I remember some of the first herb I smoked being called Kryptonite. around 86 or so. lots of it around for a few years then the term krippy was used by everyone but it wasnt the same bud at all.

dont forget florida was a major smuggling route and lots of genetics flowed thru here as well. not just cali. I remember the days when cubans moved coke and the rednecks and fisherman moved tons of weed. all over this state. or hearing stories from my uncle when he was drunk that turned out to match up with stuff steve lamb wrote wrote in his book. back then just like now the industry was a small world sometimes.

SpiderK

SpiderK

& don't ever take anything i say the wrong way ....

i just like research & " if something stinks in the wood pile " like hype or marketing b.s. i gotta hit the " books " and find out for myself.

like manic said, its all heads going round about little details but many still sitting on nasty clones. its all good ....

SpiderK

SpiderK

canna im 100% with u , when i post it comes across like im an ass ....

i know some old cat in s fla via friend, this cat ran outta mena ark running shit , huge fucking shit barges, the entire town was down. talk about mind bending stories .... & many boel member hit other states as the shit hit the fan. or like u said, fla has its own inroads via s america / mexico

if u like smoke in the 60's, 70's, 80's why not breed pollen chuck no matter the state. ? but with so many catz in cali into the herb it ground 0 for 90% of the classics easy.

E

E.T.

Pretty well understood og's lineage is touted to be Lem Thai x Hindu x paki hp.
Point being, this guy doesn't know his own shit.
To me, this dude has done some time and now wants to make some $$. Fair enough...

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Isn't that pretty much what the second guy was claiming?? He says socal is where he is from and these underground bunkers were westward so if the ogkush was actually a breeding project from the crazy numbers these guys were working with then yes the OG would have had nothing to do with florida.

That was the 2nd version of events and much much longer in explanation. You would have had to listened to the entire thing though and not shut it down after 2 minutes.

anyways really I dont care no horse/profit/fame in it for me, just some bored guy who likes the canna info is all.

PS. I do realize i am a little out of my league with present company but hey that's what akes the internet and growing great.

I think hes saying the building blocks of these genetics started from seeds collected in cali. didnt really hear him say I made og or dispute the first guys claim to have found the seed in weed from miami. just saying shit went from there to all over the us.

SpiderK

SpiderK

yes.

but did he read my post in the chem / loompa thread months back about boel & thai ? i know we've had thai rumors for years now but i posted tons of info regarding that.

and look at this swami organic - afgani/ thai x nl haze ..... ive seen these leaves pattern before.... tahoe ?

Uuuuuu

Uuu

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
canna im 100% with u , when i post it comes across like im an ass ....

i know some old cat in s fla via friend, this cat ran outta mena ark running shit , huge fucking shit barges, the entire town was down. talk about mind bending stories .... & many boel member hit other states as the shit hit the fan. or like u said, fla has its own inroads via s america / mexico

if u like smoke in the 60's, 70's, 80's why not breed pollen chuck no matter the state. ? but with so many catz in cali into the herb it ground 0 for 90% of the classics easy.

Ill tell you the difference in my opinion between the 2 states. florida we have always been smugglers or criminals when it came to this plant. some people shared genetics but for the most part most kept what they had in their crew. sharing could and has lead to jail time. for a plant that does so much it does create so much drama and greed among people. still happens today. if you dont know what I mean then you havent been around long enough.

cali has always been more open and liberal and I think thats why things have been shared more. everyone still thinks of cali as the free love hippie place.

what Im trying to say is like a child the scene/plant/genetics is a product of its environment. it flourished easier on the left coast. but unless you lived and put work in florida. dont dismiss this state so fast. lol

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
What I really wanna see is people taking land race's and combing them to create more interesting varieties. Unfortunately that's not what's happening.. Its far easier, takes way less time, way less space and way less effort, to simply cross the current Elite cuts, with other Elite cuts...

Now the result of those crosses are very nice. Don't get me wrong.. But to get something truly unique, different and special, we are going to have to get back to the basic building blocks... land race varieties..

I'm truly a hypocrite.. Because as I sit here typing this, what fills my genetic library is just that. Modern Elite crosses... Hopefully I can muster up the time and energy to change that soon...

toxic1

toxic1

just gave this a listen. theres def some interesting stuff in there but this is adam dunn's show we are talking about. dude hasnt been known to have the most solid info.

for those of you that say this seems true because it fits a time line and has facts....i say take a few facts and throw your own personal spin on them match them with a timeline and viola! you have a beleivable story. you might even be even to get a job as a script writer for james camerons titanic II.

but honestly at the end of the day the back story of these strains doesnt really matter at the end of the day. all that matters is that we have some kill herb for all to enjoy.

V

VEGBLOOMWSUP

would you care to expand on your opinion?
they have "truth" in the last 3 months of cookies, chem, og, what next, RKS and trinity? LOL. dude anyone that has been in the weed game for ten years think they know the "real truth" and shit. ORGNKID doesnt even know shit he was given the cuts. his opinion is as worthless here as anyone else because no truth was expanded on or proven. just the name of someone trying to hype shit by dunn.

furthermore, why is this is loompas section? he didnt create OG.

urban1026835

urban1026835

so the dude says the bubba cut hermd and hit up the kush cut and thats where bubba kush came from. whats the bubba cut? wish they asked that.
I just found an article with "bubba" saying the here copy paste from cough HT yeah yeah but same story..

"Fate was kind. On a trip to Mardi Gras, Bubba was gifted a bag of seeds for a Northern Lights cross from Humboldt County. “Naturally,” Bubba says, “I popped all of the seeds that looked healthy. After killing the males, I was left with about a dozen. Due to space issues, I picked six, cloned them and let them bud. One in particular was absolutely beautiful: It grew like a stumpy oak tree, with leaflets that were so fat they covered each other and blocked light from the bottom almost entirely. Obviously, I kept this strain and renamed it -- what else? -- the Bubba.

lizardwizard

lizardwizard

please forgive my ignorance but where does this all fit in with the og kush and bubba kush lineages on seedfinder that have been reposted many times in the forums? like the bubba story where west coast dog is mentioned? is seedfinder a reliable source for strain lineage info? another thing, that adam guy needs to let the bald guy do all the talking, he's actually pretty well spoken and information-oriented where as adam just seems to just talk about his own glory days or relate everything back in some way to give himself credit

Puffntuff

Puffntuff

I lived in the inland empire in mid to early 90s we used to get herb before 96 that was super similar to og they just told us it was an old afghani line. The difference between that herb and the og was the price and the og had more lemony flav. We've always assumed lemon thai/afghani.

Top Bottom