The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
So far OG Kush is a bag seed from Florida in the early 90's.

What was those buds that originated the seeds? No one can tell.

Some said it's from the crippy, well my lil investigation have shown me that the crippy I saw have nothing to do with the Original Kush.

Now I have a few questions for Big Ricky but he ain't answering. Is TK as old as he claim it to be?

If TK was a breeding project done in Florida in the late 80's, then they would of been plenty of seeds. Which lead me to think many OG clones phenos could of been from that project... And the Ghost cut could of been a bag seeds from buds originated from the TK breeding project. Still how many chance there's is for that to happen? Probably not even one...

Funny how Kailua Kid bullshit story about OG Kush lineage, match the same breeding line as Big Ricky story about the TK lineage. Both mentioned Lemon Thai and Paki strain... KK is the first to mention LT and Paki, long before BR came with his TK story. PPL in the know, told me KK story is bullshit, if so, what if BR story is bullshit too then?

KK OG Kush lienage:
Chemdog 91 x (Lemon Thai x OW Paki Kush)

BR TK Lineage
Lemon Thai x Indu Kush x Pakistan

So far other than from BR, we have no prove that the TK is really from late 80's. According to Nspecta, he have sources that let him know that they knew TK since 97/98 in the swamp. Still far from 1988...

Only Matt and Josh story have proven to be true so far. All the other people claiming they have a cut from way back when blabla, can't bring no external sources to back their claims.

The only reasons why a lot of OG clones popped out in Cali around 97 to the 2000's, are this:

1) The clone Matt brought from the swamp was highly requested, so Matt and Josh got top dollars for it. Clones when out and female seeds where made.

2) People as ORGNKID sold a lot of fem beans in the 2000's, people bag seeds too, this brought new clones again.

3) People giving all sorts of name to the same clone, renaming it over and over, to the point people think they are different cuts that grow almost the same.

So far the top 3 strains out of USA are all from bag seeds.
OG Kush bag seeds from Florida
Chemdog 91 bag seeds from Oregon.
Sour Diesel some kind of bag seeds too, from NYC.

We have to reconsider hermie plants and accidental breeding I guess...

Wisher619

Wisher619

from my understanding both Diesel and chem both came from bag seed from a dead show and the buds were dog bud comming from Nor Cal and South Oregon from some old crew....most of those are all from similar parentage as they all grow similar....IMO....

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

Brother coolest laying it all out... :)
Only thing is just recently The Weasel shed some light on the sour diesel and underdog lineage, and said it was planned chucking/breeding done around 1993/1994...

Underdog aka Original diesel, headband is chemdog 91 clone x northern lights male from early 90's Sensi Seeds. Pheno selected from 100 seed run by The Weasel in Staten Island, NY.

Sour Diesel aka ECSD is 86' Super Skunk from SSSC aka Mass Super Skunk x underdog male. Pheno found from a half pound of seeded herb sold to kids in the Catskills, NY.. It's not clear how many seeds were popped..

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Brother UNITED thx for the clarification. I was considering SD as a bag seed somehow, although it was a done as a breeding project, Weasel let go the pound full of seeds, or patially full of seeds. He sold the buds seeded, which make it bag seeds somehow. The AJ's crew who got it are the ones who selected the SD out of those seeds. Seems like weasel didn't really care about those seeds at all or maybe he had to much to select from.

I heard those kids wanted the seeds more than the buds...

A lot of people think the 91 and the SD are over rated cuts, and don't compete with real deal OG Kush. To each is own but I agree with this too, even if both 91 and SD are very good IMO and have the legend statut in my book.

TK and the Original Kush need to be DNA tested see if there's any mom/sis link between those two. Wish we could date those clones to the day the seeds was germinated. Hopefully one day science will offer that...

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Brother UNITED thx for the clarification. I was considering SD as a bag seed somehow, although it was a done as a breeding project, Weasel let go the pound full of seeds, or patially full of seeds. He sold the buds seeded, which make it bag seeds somehow. The AJ's crew who got it are the ones who selected the SD out of those seeds. Seems like weasel didn't really care about those seeds at all or maybe he had to much to select from.

I heard those kids wanted the seeds more than the buds...

A lot of people think the 91 and the SD are over rated cuts, and don't compete with real deal OG Kush. To each is own but I agree with this too, even if both 91 and SD are very good IMO and have the legend statut in my book.

TK and the Original Kush need to be DNA tested see if there's any mom/sis link between those two. Wish we could date those clones to the day the seeds was germinated. Hopefully one day science will offer that...
I'm quite sure when we can start genetically mapping the strains that there is a common parent in chem, og, and sour d. They are all elite cuts with certain traits of the old school skunk, my nose tells me that the original rks is the grandmama to all of them!

J

johnjohnn

im with ya on the chem and og having the dogbud or whatever in common, but sour diesel always struck me as some kind of haze, i'd put money on it. it does seem like most good genetics trace back to sensi seeds stock doesnt it? i think nevil himself claimed og was a random sk#1 bagseed. i'd bet there's skunk genetics in there for sure.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

im with ya on the chem and og having the dogbud or whatever in common, but sour diesel always struck me as some kind of haze, i'd put money on it. it does seem like most good genetics trace back to sensi seeds stock doesnt it? i think nevil himself claimed og was a random sk#1 bagseed. i'd bet there's skunk genetics in there for sure.
Sour d can be grown to smell and smoke like old school skunk. She needs a specific regimen though, for instance, indoors she is her skunkiest when grown with no co 2, high heat (82-85), and with plenty of nutes. I have never gotten any haze from her except that she grows like a badass sativa.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Sour d can be grown to smell and smoke like old school skunk. She needs a specific regimen though, for instance, indoors she is her skunkiest when grown with no co 2, high heat (82-85), and with plenty of nutes. I have never gotten any haze from her except that she grows like a badass sativa.
You just described my room during most times ( I manage 78 degrees sometimes) and my sour diesel is real skunky almost a nasty cheese skunky with no haze influence at all. Except maybe time as she needs at least 84 days
@TheCoolestMan you have been on this topic since like 09 as far as I can tell and usually are right on point IMHO ...

J

johnjohnn

i know the skunk you speak of, but i think sour diesel and original diesel are different. those original diesel traits are definitely present in somas nyc as well, and he supposedly used the original diesel or an s1 of it. definite fuely funk. the sour diesel i've seen, is much more hazy, thc in the 22% range. thinking it might be a haze cross. definitely a lot of confusion in the name.

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

i know the skunk you speak of, but i think sour diesel and original diesel are different. those original diesel traits are definitely present in somas nyc as well, and he supposedly used the original diesel or an s1 of it. definite fuely funk. the sour diesel i've seen, is much more hazy, thc in the 22% range. thinking it might be a haze cross. definitely a lot of confusion in the name.
They are different for sure but directly related. Sour Diesel has Original Diesel male in it, no Haze. If you take a look at my post above the linage is broken down.

@TheCoolestMan You're spot on bro, although The Weasel did keep a bunch of beans but didn't want to be stuck with a whole half a P full of beans. He did pop some of Super Skunk x Underdog beans but didn't find a pheno quite like the Sour Diesel they handed back to him.. According to him indeed "the Kids" wanted the beans and swooped up the half a P with the quickness.... I'd assume they probably knew that The Weasel had been coming with some heat (Underdog) so they probably figured the'll find something nice in them beans, and they sure did...

On another note, The Weasel did mention he gave out many of the different phenos of his initial cross of the Chemdog 91 x Northern Lights, so this explains the different cutting of the Underdog/Original Diesel going around.. The same can be said with the different Sour Diesels, even though its unknown how many beans were popped to find the Sour D.....
Its always good to know the source of these cuts because you never know if you're working with these old gems or some recent seed finds from planned chucking or hermies..

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

They are different for sure but directly related. Sour Diesel has Original Diesel male in it, no Haze. If you take a look at my post above the linage is broken down.

@TheCoolestMan You're spot on bro, although The Weasel did keep a bunch of beans but didn't want to be stuck with a whole half a P full of beans. He did pop some of Super Skunk x Underdog beans but didn't find a pheno quite like the Sour Diesel they handed back to him.. According to him indeed "the Kids" wanted the beans and swooped up the half a P with the quickness.... I'd assume they probably knew that The Weasel had been coming with some heat (Underdog) so they probably figured the'll find something nice in them beans, and they sure did...

On another note, The Weasel did mention he gave out many of the different phenos of his initial cross of the Chemdog 91 x Northern Lights, so this explains the different cutting of the Underdog/Original Diesel going around.. The same can be said with the different Sour Diesels, even though its unknown how many beans were popped to find the Sour D.....
Its always good to know the source of these cuts because you never know if you're working with these old gems or some recent seed finds from planned chucking or hermies..
Here I have to cordially disagree. There is only one cut of sour d, I have been growing her for a very long time and yes she came from the east coast and is now available from sf to boston but there is only one cut or pheno that is the really sour diesel.

@johnjohnn somas diesel has very little original or sour diesel in it. She is awesome and I have smoked some of his personal, it's a ruby red grapefruit with an electric hairspray back. Not sour d at all

Power OG

Power OG

I grow AJ's Sour Diesel and its a filter buster, loves her N and 80+day finisher. Skunk Funk to the max. She's in my top 2 favorites. Im pretty sure she is (Mass Super Skunk x Chemdog 91 x NL) and possibly a Hawaiian pollen doubtful but still possible according to The Weisel.
Positive Vibes & Respect

Power OG

Power OG

Here I have to cordially disagree. There is only one cut of sour d, I have been growing her for a very long time and yes she came from the east coast and is now available from sf to boston but there is only one cut or pheno that is the really sour diesel.

@johnjohnn somas diesel has very little original or sour diesel in it. She is awesome and I have smoked some of his personal, it's a ruby red grapefruit with an electric hairspray back. Not sour d at all
Is the AJ's the same cut , the only cut? Just curious bro.
Respect

Wisher619

Wisher619

what is funny to me is that all these cuts as well as the parent cuts go all the way back to Landrace Mexi/Columbian/Afghani/Thai....asthat's what all are pretty much made of......If you really think about it....when we finally map all this shit....and what's crazier then that is the fact that those landraces actually originated from the Asian continent...as all those strains came from Afghanistan/Pakistan during the cannibis medicine rush of the late 1800's early 1900's...as company's like Bayer imported seeds and contracted Mexico and some countries in central and South America to grow these specific drug strains in the Americas as it was to hard to import these strains from the Far East in cargo ships which the buds would rot and whatnot....so it all boils down to basically the Himalayas....IMHO

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

I hear ya brotha.. I thought that my self for a long time.. The consensus is the dude that found the Sour D passed out 1 cut of it; According to AJ, dude claimed there was only 1 seed from the bag he got from weasel, This is considered to be the original Sour D aka AJ's Sour D...

But if you listen to the story Weasel told, he is certain there were more than 1 Sour D, this debunks the story only 1 seed was found in that bag. The dude that found and popped the bean is known to be a shady character/thief so its hard to take his word.. Maybe the Weasel isn't remembering things right but then again, he's the only person that can make this claims since he's the guy that created it.

I myself have came across several different version of Sour D through out the years which came from reliable sources. A few came with ECSD tag others with Sour D tag and another one my bro has with the DHK tag which also looks to be different. But the few i grew side by side in the same environment were close but not the same, it could have been do to genetic drift but who knows.. So considering Weasels claim its definitely possible there are/were more than one cut out there of the Sour D.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
I have a cut of Rezdog sour diesel IBL that is spot on ECSD, people who don't know they are two different cut, swear it's same one.

When Swerve came and added the Asshole Joe tag to the SD, many started to think that it was a new old cut coming up to the scene. This brought confusion as in fact it was just the ECSD. Now UNITED is correct, there's the DHK cut, which is not ECSD, and I highly doubt this is from Rezdog, but it is know as a Sour Diesel familly too.

From what I understand there's many Original Diesel clones around, which is Chemdog 91 x Nothern Light, maybe some of those got renamed Sour Diesel too, but it's just speculation from me. People could have switched from Underdog to Diesel or Sour Diesel tags cause those name brought top dollars.

In NYC top buds were often called Diesel. Even the Chemdog 91 was renamed Diesel when it reached the city. Diesel, Original Diesel, Sour Diesel and New York City Diesel. I don't know where does the DHK cut fit in here...

Soma's cut could be a different pheno, yet still from Weasel seeds or cut selection, who knows... But on a hundred plants selection u get all sorts of phenos, one could of came out more grappy and reddish...

Some suggested that the OG could be Pakistan landrace. They said that in Pakistan strains, burned rubber fuely phenos are highly present. Anyone with knowledge of Pakistan landrace strains here could shine some light maybe...

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I have a cut of Rezdog sour diesel IBL that is spot on ECSD, people who don't know they are two different cut, swear it's same one.

When Swerve came and added the Asshole Joe tag to the SD, many started to think that it was a new old cut coming up to the scene. This brought confusion as in fact it was just the ECSD. Now UNITED is correct, there's the DHK cut, which is not ECSD, and I highly doubt this is from Rezdog, but it is know as a Sour Diesel familly too.

From what I understand there's many Original Diesel clones around, which is Chemdog 91 x Nothern Light, maybe some of those got renamed Sour Diesel too, but it's just speculation from me. People could have switched from Underdog to Diesel or Sour Diesel tags cause those name brought top dollars.

In NYC top buds were often called Diesel. Even the Chemdog 91 was renamed Diesel when it reached the city. Diesel, Original Diesel, Sour Diesel and New York City Diesel. I don't know where does the DHK cut fit in here...

Soma's cut could be a different pheno, yet still from Weasel seeds or cut selection, who knows... But on a hundred plants selection u get all sorts of phenos, one could of came out more grappy and reddish...

Some suggested that the OG could be Pakistan landrace. They said that in Pakistan strains, burned rubber fuely phenos are highly present. Anyone with knowledge of Pakistan landrace strains here could shine some light maybe...
I blame swerve for most of this mess, with people thinking there is more than 1 sour to "ajs" sour, he did this with og too as he didn't want to take the time to actually breed and started namin a bunch of f1 under different names. My friends from Santa Cruz had a homie who was very well connected on the east coast and they got some sour d clones around 05. That was the earliest I've seen it and it's the same clone worldwide. (The cut is finally in Spain and Amsterdam). Somas was an admitted s1 off of a bag of sour and when crossed with his Hawaiian male it made for an amazing strain, but he made the mistake of calling in NYC diesel, and since his strain was in fact awesome it won the cup that year. Problem was that somas literally seemed unrelated to sour and he got tons of shit from people who knew what sour was.

There will always be s1 and people who desire accolades regardless of ethics and there is where the sour imposters come from. I don't doubt that more than one seed was made out of the batch that produced sour d, but sour d is a specific pheno and hence it's still a clone only strain. The number of times I gave the cut out only to see it renamed would make your head spin, and to add to this sour is the only strain I've grown that when put in different environments it comes out completely different, for instance grow it opposite of the skunk recipe above and it can turn out ugly and stringy or golf ball size nugs with little flavor, I'm sure that only assists in the confusion.

I love strain talk, especially since I'm writing this in a field of flowering sour d right now!!!

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Is the AJ's the same cut , the only cut? Just curious bro.
Respect
This I cannot say. I never heard the "aj" moniker before swerve made seeds of sour and used it but I'll reckon from photos that yes it is. The awesome thing about sour is it's widely available now, both dark heart nurseries and queen bee nurseries that vend to harborside have steady sour d available, and I just saw it in Barcelona recently .

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

There is a super sour d that is crossed with a haze, maybe that's the one you see. Sour d does not usually hit 20% thc and when you said 22 makes me think the super sour d is the one you could be speaking of.

Chemdog 91 is almost identical to sour d except no yield .

Somas has no fuel, just amazing ruby red grapefruit flavor!

Top Bottom