The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Elsydro

Updates on the OG genome project:

I spoke with Nathan today from phylos bioscience and he actually went and asked the ceo about the whole thing with the Adam Dunn Show and the og kush testing. He mentioned that they are in the process of sequencing that exact og kush stem sample but he is not sure if the results will be made public yet and did not give me a name for it. I'm not sure why and he could not comment due to privacy issues. But so far the other guy had given me wrong info about the the ghost cut. They don't have the ghost cut. The 619 og on their site is not the ghost cut. http://galaxy.phylosbioscience.com/?source=website The cluster of all the related og's and clones seems to be connected within this cluster. See image.

My personal opinion is that the LA OG kush that was brought from Florida is an actual S1 from the Triangle Kush that hermed into a seed and was found in a bag of TK. That's the LA OG Kush which then gave S2's to all the other OG's that we see in the area and of course came all the crosses later and og seeds which are sub par from the clone only s1's in my opinion. Like I mentioned before my cut is most likely the s1 from TK and I can't say it's better than the TK as I have never had TK but definitely better than all the other og cuts I've sampled in LA. I'm yet to find a better og cut.
Definitely seems/sounds feasible, now I feel like we should be trying to figure out what parent strains combined to create this wonder, take it a step further, my whole issue with the Adam Dunn show is 1) they completely leave out strains like master kush and Hindu Kush, or atleast I’ve year to hear them speak of these, kush is a region, and the cannabis plant is very phenotypical and the diversity show with in the OG Kish strain itself shows it’s very diverse meaning the parents came from differing regions. 2) I’ve yet to hear mention of the strains like Pure Kush, which I though were elite before OG Kush, I could be completely wrong there please correct me if I’m wrong as I’ve been trying to learn the differences between say the Malibu/Topanga/Hollywood And Suges pure kush, now Puss Kush I hear is an S-1 of PK x Bubba Kush maybe, I just see many strains being out there, and the fact that they had frank gegax and didn’t even ask him what he called his strains or what he knew them going by on the streets, a wasted moment imo!
I do love this topic though, and don’t discredit them completely

C

crazybone

Everyone is just posting links for redirection herein, hope when I post mine, I won;t get banned? The main thing is to give us an exciting clue into the history, not just roughing it up the edge of a story and taking your leave

P

Pimples

There isnt a history that we can all agree on thats fact. The history is lost. Everyone would like to know how good ole og kush came about. And its true pedigree. But Iam afraid its gone..lost forever. What gets me is your starting to see people actually make a distinction now between og..and kush. Smack my frikin head. Confusing it all up even more. I hear it all the time now. I know a kush from the old days..like a Hindu Kush was and is like a short stocky afghan type but growers now..newish growers especially are trying to pass knowledge off saying that something is og and something else is kush. When did this happen? I have no clue. I always thought it was one real deal clone only. Very old and from the socal area. And many s1's of it that are near as old. And a shit ton of goofy names and offshoots of it. Most of them with watered down attributes. Some even say real og kush throws 3 leaves only. And the real has no lemon terp in it. So damn confusing. Your NEVER going to get to the bottom of it. Too much time and bullshit storys have been piled on.

Krypto

Krypto

I realize I'm off topic But the Harle-tsu results are in. The smoke was bright and uplifting!!! But had a slight drop off. HOWEVER! The cookies we made felt like an ALL DAY MORPHINE DRIP...a small dose, but uplifted mood and ZERO pain!

Krypto

Krypto

It seems like the most probable theory would be that the "OG" came from more than 1 source. And until the OGenome project results are in... (they may already) we won't REALLY KNOW!

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

I tried to post photos, and it wont let me.

2 different phenos of Blue Orca Haze.

1 big hit will make your eyes completely bloodshot. Huge head/eyes buzz. Of course I take more than 1 hit. Also makes it hard to focus. Very physical, dizzy, and mental high.
The Ice Hash production is off the charts.
1oz buds produced 6+ grams of killer hash.

1 is more Indica/NL5 leaning, is skunky, incense pine, floral, and the second pheno has much smaller resin heads, and a lot less leaves, and a Menthol, Bubblegum, Hash/Chemical smell/taste.
Pheno is my favorite. BEst stuff Ive smoked in 10 years. Very long lasting. CREEPER. HEAVY DUTY CREEPER.

Both are lung buster, and solid as a rock. Photos I have really don't do them justice as to how much resin are on these buds.

1st pheno produced 18oz, in a 20 gallon container of Promix BX/Chem Gro Fertilizer.

2nd pheno produced 24 oz, in the same size container.

Both were grown with 1000w Gavitas. Vegged with 1000w Hortilux HPS.

The colors of both, are also totally different.

The BOH are also on sale ( or were. Probably still are ) for $55 a pack. 15 seeds )

This is Imgur. Don't know why its invalid.

testiclees

testiclees

I tried to post photos, and it wont let me.

2 different phenos of Blue Orca Haze.

1 big hit will make your eyes completely bloodshot. Huge head/eyes buzz. Of course I take more than 1 hit. Also makes it hard to focus. Very physical, dizzy, and mental high.
The Ice Hash production is off the charts.
1oz buds produced 6+ grams of killer hash.

1 is more Indica/NL5 leaning, is skunky, incense pine, floral, and the second pheno has much smaller resin heads, and a lot less leaves, and a Menthol, Bubblegum, Hash/Chemical smell/taste.
Pheno is my favorite. BEst stuff Ive smoked in 10 years. Very long lasting. CREEPER. HEAVY DUTY CREEPER.

Both are lung buster, and solid as a rock. Photos I have really don't do them justice as to how much resin are on these buds.

1st pheno produced 18oz, in a 20 gallon container of Promix BX/Chem Gro Fertilizer.

2nd pheno produced 24 oz, in the same size container.

Both were grown with 1000w Gavitas. Vegged with 1000w Hortilux HPS.

The colors of both, are also totally different.

The BOH are also on sale ( or were. Probably still are ) for $55 a pack. 15 seeds )

This is Imgur. Don't know why its invalid.
Hey man that sounds like a worthwhile strain to master. I've got some BOH beans from swami, i popped a couple but both males. How was the stretch?

Is boh related to og kush? Wondering why you posted in this thread

testiclees

testiclees

Ive got my last bean of RQ OG kush. I got a few of these as freebies and they were well loved. I posted earlier in this thread and the og aficionados said my plant was not the legit OG jawn.

She is looking pretty tasty. I didnt check my calendar to see how far along she, something like 5 weeks i think.

9 25 rq og
9 26 rq og
9 26 rq ogk
testiclees

testiclees

Ive got my last bean of RQ OG kush. I got a few of these as freebies and they were well loved. I posted earlier in this thread and the og aficionados said my plant was not the legit OG jawn.

She is looking pretty tasty. I didnt check my calendar to see how far along she, something like 5 weeks i think.
10 10 og

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Why did you post this in the history of OG Kush thread? You should start a new thread imo.

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Can some 1 post up some pics of original* og kush. I'm buying a cutting that came from gabberville California. I just want to make sure I have the original close to Josh d cut..... pic of veg or pic in flower. Thanks.... Mr.D0p3s@uce

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Can we keep this going please?

It is not likely to stop any time soon, but what topic would you like to discuss further. This thread is interesting, however, at this point it probably is mostly for entertainment rather than actually deciphering the history of OG. Today’s seed market has made it all but impossible to determine the origins due to most seed producers breeding with OG varieties and crosses and those who just slap “OG” onto whatever their cross may be.

I was fortunate enough to have access to quite a few of the older OG cuts back in 2008 - 2010. Within those there were lots of variations and even then I assumed only a select few were the original cut and most of the others were grown from bag seed found in bags of the original OG. The ones I would be looking into as the original would be Raskal’s original Fire cut (not his seed line), the Tahoe and the Larry. I always felt the SFV cut came after those others as it never had the amazing taste the others had and it always seemed to have higher yields. But this is just my speculation.

Last edited:
Krippie94

Krippie94

Love this thread! Right or wrong. Yes! It is intertaining. And informative. . .
I think we should try to recreate OG. The early Larry, Tahoe, TK etc. It could be done.
I lost my train of thought.

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Thanks for the post. Enjoyed that lil read.... now If only we can find where The DogBud came from...

So in a nut shell. Its Hindu Kush x The Triangle?....

Judaz

Judaz

Thanks for the post. Enjoyed that lil read.... now If only we can find where The DogBud came from...

So in a nut shell. Its Hindu Kush x The Triangle?....

Exactly. What we need to know is what was the emerald triangle kush made of. That’s what I’m researching.

Top Bottom