The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Evr1sFavKush

Evr1sFavKush

lmao, no you didn't. Cannabis is an obligate outcrosser just like humans and dogs, an F-13 would have literally ZERO vigor. Imagine inbreeding a human for 13 generations, that's what you'd get in cannabis.
Not gonna act like I know it all but if an f13 would have “literally” zero vigor then we need to figure out how to explain land races....

They do just fine with survival, inbreeding on their own. Land races are probably at F10,000 lol

Please school us.

Judaz

Judaz

lmao, no you didn't. Cannabis is an obligate outcrosser just like humans and dogs, an F-13 would have literally ZERO vigor.
Imagine inbreeding a human for 13 generations, that's what you'd get in cannabis. Don’t be fooled by what some may claim til you try it. It works for this strain

Have you done it or tried it? Probably not. Never had an issue with vigor. Have passed many seeds to friends and they haven’t complained. No herms either.
563C2A7D 67DE 40A5 A104 30CDE8B99CB6

Judaz

Judaz

Also, why would you think it's worth anything? It's just some old strain. It was never particularly awesome compared to what it came from or what came after. Or what was also around at the time. Or before.

In all honestly OG kush is one of the worst kush strains I've ever smoked.
I know that's subjective, but I cant be the only one. I get the idea of clinging on to "fame". Or trying to hold on to the last vestige of your youth, but the world has moved on. So has kush and cannabis in general. Very few of the old strains matter, and I can tell you with 100% honesty, OG kush isnt one of them.

you probably have never smoked some true Og kush before because from the way you describe it you don’t seem to know what you are talking about. Some years ago on their 40th anniversary of the publication. High Times wrote an article called the 25 Greatest strains of all Times. And guess what was the #1 pick?

914122C2 17DE 464C BFF7 D23C191CAC67

Judaz

Judaz

@BigCube To say that nobody cares about og kush anymore and that’s it’s a non significant strain is really an understatement. Why do you think it has become the backbone for most new breeding and why do you think publications like High Times have valued it as the #1 greatest strains of all times? Because it’s special, because it’s always been in demand. Many people like it. Now of course it’s subjective to individual taste and there are so many imitations if it now and bad representations of it that one may not know how the true og kush really is like. I can tell you from my experience in growing for 20 years that other strains come and go. But there is always a demand for good og kush. I’ve grown exotics before and at times been stuck with packs I couldn’t move from fluctuations in demand and flooded markets. But when you got some good og kush done right. You can guarantee that’s it will be sold even when the market is flooded. Never has it let me down to date.

Evr1sFavKush

Evr1sFavKush

@BigCube To say that nobody cares about og kush anymore and that’s it’s a non significant strain is really an understatement. Why do you think it has become the backbone for most new breeding and why do you think publications like High Times have valued it as the #1 greatest strains of all times? Because it’s special, because it’s always been in demand. Many people like it. Now of course it’s subjective to individual taste and there are so many imitations if it now and bad representations of it that one may not know how the true og kush really is like. I can tell you from my experience in growing for 20 years that other strains come and go. But there is always a demand for good og kush. I’ve grown exotics before and at times been stuck with packs I couldn’t move from fluctuations in demand and flooded markets. But when you got some good og kush done right. You can guarantee that’s it will be sold even when the market is flooded. Never has it let me down to date.
exactly. You may not like OG as personal preference but to brush it off like it didn’t completely change the cannabis scene forever is a disservice to her.

BigCube

BigCube

exactly. You may not like OG as personal preference but to brush it off like it didn’t completely change the cannabis scene forever is a disservice to her.

Uhh no it didn't. It was almost insignificant. It's just another cross strain man. It changed nothing.

V

Vondank420

So many different stories and ideas on OG Kush. Anyway, I'm a 3rd generation grower out of NorCal(dont live there now but spent first 20 years there.
My grandfather and dad both used the term OG on a reg basis and it always meant Organically Grown. As I grew older others called it original gangster/ocean grown. (2cents)

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I would never use high times as an example, They get payed big money to HYPE strains. Og kush was popular for a few yrs around here in the early 90's. That soon faded and Blueberry was the new hype strain, and on and on. Ogkush is decent, as I said before, I liked king louie and sfv the best but they are nowhere near my top 10 list.

the rrock

the rrock

High times has been around awhile but anybody in the real world knows they are a joke og kush has never been a great strain,it was a overhyped strain that many newbs bought into just like many others strains. OG kush was average at best and average aint good enough for me.

V

Vondank420

High times has been around awhile but anybody in the real world knows they are a joke og kush has never been a great strain,it was a overhyped strain that many newbs bought into just like many others strains. OG kush was average at best and average aint good enough for me.
" put that in your pipe and smoke it..."
LMAO. Man, I'm tooo fucking high right now for this shit !!!! My stomach hurts from laughing...

Judaz

Judaz

So what’s a strain you recommend and why? Tell me what was it about the og kush that made it average. If you gotta an opinion on it, let’s hear why you thought it was average. What it taste and smell like?

bathngodblud

bathngodblud

Nobody has the original OG cut. If they say they do they’re lying

Also saying OG is mids is probably because that’s what you grow no offense

Judaz

Judaz

Nobody has the original OG cut. If they say they do they’re lying

Also saying OG is mids is probably because that’s what you grow no offense

So if nobody has it. How can it exist? Don't get your response. Who would have it

Judaz

Judaz

You are straight tripping LMAO

These guys can't even back up their reasons with some words and explanations. Sounds to me like they are just haters. And I'm certain they have never tried any good old school og kush cuts. To this day, every new exotic strain I've tried may just look prettier but after smoking it, no way they pack the punch and taste of a good grown old school OG cut.

BigCube

BigCube

So what’s a strain you recommend and why? Tell me what was it about the og kush that made it average. If you gotta an opinion on it, let’s hear why you thought it was average. What it taste and smell like?

I reccomend growing what you like to smoke, regardless of who else likes it. Strange I know, when everyone puts so much stock in what is cool or popular.

What made it average? That's a stupid question. The question should be: what do you think made it better than average?
You're the k e mak g claims here man. Average by definition is the default position for every strain until it can show itself to be above average. I believe it has not done so.

Judaz

Judaz

I reccomend growing what you like to smoke, regardless of who else likes it. Strange I know, when everyone puts so much stock in what is cool or popular.

What made it average? That's a stupid question. The question should be: what do you think made it better than average?
You're the k e mak g claims here man. Average by definition is the default position for every strain until it can show itself to be above average. I believe it has not done so.

You said it was average to you. What about it made it average, I was asking. And what do you think or would say is above average, provide an example of what you consider an above avg strain. And I'm not forcing you to grow or smoke it but wanted to hear your thoughts of when you smoked it why didn't you think it was all that.

AAA1971

AAA1971

Hey bro I'm from kelowna area and I've grown sensi's skunk #1 huge yields nice smoke but the smell is super fruity no real skunk smell at all. One that always good in my books is Durban poison. But I agree with you I feel the older strains are way better. Had great luck with csi gear, Humboldt gear, Barnes farm stuff. How's the real texada timewarp?. Jordan of the islands is always good, God bud is great

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

im Mid school grower smoker. First experiences with crip bud was road kill skunk.

I grew up studying high times and old school SSSC and sensi catalogs.

Anyways, fast forward to last year. I’m older and have a spot.

buy Skunk #1 and grow 8 beautiful looking females, but no skunk funk.

outdoors organic with sour ad, gorilla Glue, durban, Oaxaca Mex, and GDP.

skunk #1 was least skunk smelling of any plant I had.

Judaz

Judaz

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

im Mid school grower smoker. First experiences with crip bud was road kill skunk.

I grew up studying high times and old school SSSC and sensi catalogs.

Anyways, fast forward to last year. I’m older and have a spot.

buy Skunk #1 and grow 8 beautiful looking females, but no skunk funk.

outdoors organic with sour ad, gorilla Glue, durban, Oaxaca Mex, and GDP.

skunk #1 was least skunk smelling of any plant I had.

Nothing like those skunk strains from back in the day. That road kill skunk man If I could find something like that today, I'd pay big bucks for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom